Blair, Pettybourne, Thompson

ImageImageImage
Snake

Re: Blair, Pettybourne, Thompson

Post by Snake » Sat 18 May, 2013 10:02 am

Add BMM to that list , Sheens hero's !

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sat 18 May, 2013 10:02 am

I think they are doing what they 'think' they should be doing and what was in the game plan... its when we improvise, we look at out poorest structure wise.

Defensively, Blair looked like a ballerina last night for the best part. Not because he is lazy, because his inside and outside defenders were not where they were supposed to be. He doesnt react well in this situation and looked stupid.
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 18 May, 2013 10:09 am

Tiger Watto wrote:I think they are doing what they 'think' they should be doing and what was in the game plan... its when we improvise, we look at out poorest structure wise.

Defensively, Blair looked like a ballerina last night for the best part. Not because he is lazy, because his inside and outside defenders were not where they were supposed to be. He doesnt react well in this situation and looked stupid.
x 2 Blair has to hang on to the inside defender for far too long and then scramble outside and that is why he is having so many problems

He lacks the mobility to play 2nd row This is Potters call and Potters fault ,he needs to be at lock

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 18 May, 2013 10:23 am

I am over the excuses for Blair.

They are like the excuses we copped for years for Moltzen, for Beau, for Heighno.

He simply is not up to it for Wests Tigers.

I have been willing to look for efforts this season and trying to look for an improvement. However I went last night to watch Blair and just Blair for the most part. He was pathetic. He actually pushed Simona infield two slots to have a bludge at the back end of 4 of our 6 first defensive sets.

Coming out of trouble he was the first forward back there bar Fulton but ran around two deep behind the ball and put himself 2 -3 wide on the blind side and let Tedesco take hit ups and gets hammered.

i am done with the guy in every capacity

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sat 18 May, 2013 10:33 am

Watching the game and not looking at any stats to me our backs had more carries than our forwards.
Except Woods and Fulton all other FRF and 2nd rowers were sleeping. Ava came and had a go.
if i had any powers i would sack Blair and Petty on the spot. Make my blood boil with their lazy efforts

ragedmachine

Post by ragedmachine » Sat 18 May, 2013 10:48 am

Blair had 4 runs for 37 meters. Says it all really.

Shooshmeister

Post by Shooshmeister » Sat 18 May, 2013 10:08 pm

FOUR runs for 80 minutes, pathetic! And this guy get paid a fortune. Show us something. You say your doing the little things, well how about doing just two things.......Running hard and Tacklig! Simple.

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Sun 19 May, 2013 10:20 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:
bonstonker wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:Is this the laziest, most ineffective backrow in history? They should all give back their pay this week. Pathetic.
:roll
You were right about Bodene. I was wrong. Happy?
yeah i am happy.we need a cleanout and the players are making the decision for potter very easy.
when our tough stretch started i said this was a perfect opportunity to evaluate talent at the club.no opportunity to play a crap team and players slide by.

been over the anger stage for some time now.i just want a cleanout,bring through some youngsters and if we go after a big name,just make sure they are showing current form.

pettybourne was the forward that couldn't keep up at souths.you have to avoid signings from clubs on the way up,and the player is being left behind.
that is a pettybourne signing.

i'm even happier humpty is going.the cleanout has started.

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Sun 19 May, 2013 10:21 am

smeghead wrote:I am over the excuses for Blair.

They are like the excuses we copped for years for Moltzen, for Beau, for Heighno.

He simply is not up to it for Wests Tigers.

I have been willing to look for efforts this season and trying to look for an improvement. However I went last night to watch Blair and just Blair for the most part. He was pathetic. He actually pushed Simona infield two slots to have a bludge at the back end of 4 of our 6 first defensive sets.

Coming out of trouble he was the first forward back there bar Fulton but ran around two deep behind the ball and put himself 2 -3 wide on the blind side and let Tedesco take hit ups and gets hammered.

i am done with the guy in every capacity
he has been doing that since his first game against the sharks last year and at the storm.

Blackpearl

Post by Blackpearl » Sun 19 May, 2013 8:20 pm

bonstonker wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:
bonstonker wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:Is this the laziest, most ineffective backrow in history? They should all give back their pay this week. Pathetic.
yeah i am happy.we need a cleanout and the players are making the decision for potter very easy.
when our tough stretch started i said this was a perfect opportunity to evaluate talent at the club.no opportunity to play a crap team and players slide by.

been over the anger stage for some time now.i just want a cleanout,bring through some youngsters and if we go after a big name,just make sure they are showing current form.

pettybourne was the forward that couldn't keep up at souths.you have to avoid signings from clubs on the way up,and the player is being left behind.

x 2 .. tigers should seriously chase guys like SBW and / or folau. free up salary cap space by flicking blair, lawrence,reddy,moltzen,pettybourne and bmm just to name a few.
I dislike sowfs immensely

Boonboon2

Post by Boonboon2 » Sun 19 May, 2013 9:00 pm

Adam Blair first half -40 mins, 1 run, 10 tackles , 5 missed

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 20 May, 2013 7:18 am

bonstonker wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:
bonstonker wrote:

Hard to argue with that. Thompson is the same. Not good enough to start regularly at the Titans, so why should he be good enough for us? We need to stop buying rejects and discards and start buying quality.

Anasta is the same. Unwanted by the Roosters, who are now flying.

Deano1

Post by Deano1 » Mon 20 May, 2013 7:26 am

we are the elephants graveyard

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Mon 20 May, 2013 11:04 am

We so many forum commentators highlighting their disgust with Blair, Pettybourne and Thompson what is the bet that ALL will be selected by Potter to play against Cowboys? What message does this send to the rest of the team - quite simply that you don't have to bust your gut to be selected each following week. Potter's coaching leaves a lot to be desired but his selections every week are at a worst level than his coaching. He has to face facts, react to them and stop being the spin king of the NRL Even previously reliable players like Woods are now missing easy tackles. All Wests Tigers supporters want to see is an honest team willing to give their all each and every week.