KORO?

ImageImageImage
bp tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2236
Joined: Sun 19 Jun, 2011 6:35 pm

KORO?

Post by bp tiger » Sat 18 May, 2013 10:30 am

Watching koro last night he looked like he had lost yards of pace, just did not look that he had the blinding speed, is he still feeling that ankle i wonder?
any one else think the same?


User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 27031
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sat 18 May, 2013 10:34 am

He's a perfect example of a rookie thats been rushed into top grade way too soon, and a perfect argument for an increase in the junior level to 22 or 23

User avatar
Tigerpete
Member
Member
Posts: 1488
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 12:27 pm

Post by Tigerpete » Sat 18 May, 2013 10:38 am

It's rocks and diamonds with this kid. Did great with the try and I love his work ethic. But errors are a massive issue with him. For the foreseeable future he'll stay in the team and hopefully absorb some improvement in his game but unless he improves you do wonder weather he holds his spot long term.

User avatar
cktiger
Member
Member
Posts: 3272
Joined: Fri 12 Nov, 2010 10:37 am

Post by cktiger » Sat 18 May, 2013 10:46 am

innsaneink wrote:He's a perfect example of a rookie thats been rushed into top grade way too soon, and a perfect argument for an increase in the junior level to 22 or 23
Not too many were saying that when he was blowing Parra off the park but I agree with you.
He would have been better being eased into the top squad - now everybody expects him to bust a thousand tackles every game and run down anyone with a 20 metre start.
In a team of rookies he is making rookie mistakes.
Hard to blame him when he at least puts in an effort but I hope the mistakes start coming less often.

User avatar
pHyR3
Member
Member
Posts: 5048
Joined: Tue 12 Feb, 2013 7:11 pm

Post by pHyR3 » Sat 18 May, 2013 10:48 am

I think koro has been really tired lately from being used as a PROP. Also, he tried chasing about 4 different people who had a massive headstart and were on the other side of the field. Limits his pace. He was still fast as **** in the panthers game. He just needs to be in a team that isn't lacking props and not making him do 5 extra 100m sprints
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."


iofthetigers
Member
Member
Posts: 349
Joined: Fri 21 Oct, 2011 7:18 pm

Post by iofthetigers » Sat 18 May, 2013 10:52 am

He is still learning the game. It is hard to be critical when you look at some of the defence in the middle of the field.

User avatar
Eye Of Da Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2012
Joined: Wed 16 Jan, 2013 10:49 pm

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Sat 18 May, 2013 11:40 am

pHyR3 wrote:I think koro has been really tired lately from being used as a PROP. Also, he tried chasing about 4 different people who had a massive headstart and were on the other side of the field. Limits his pace. He was still fast as **** in the panthers game. He just needs to be in a team that isn't lacking props and not making him do 5 extra 100m sprints
100% correct. Working in the wrong areas is going to take it's toll. The kids not superman

User avatar
Tiger Watto
Member
Member
Posts: 10560
Joined: Mon 08 Mar, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: Maroochydore Qld

Post by Tiger Watto » Sat 18 May, 2013 11:54 am

Yep... Too many hit-up!

I feel we have one of the most exciting weapons in the NRL with Marika, but he isnt being given the opportunities to display his strengths. Until we start using the left side more effectively and learn how to isolate defenders, Marika wont get much ball in open space.
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

User avatar
Milky
Member
Member
Posts: 5287
Joined: Fri 29 Mar, 2013 7:08 pm

Post by Milky » Sat 18 May, 2013 12:35 pm

He will improve a lot when Richards arrives (if Richards plays center), he will have a good defender inside him who can help him out.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 27031
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sat 18 May, 2013 12:38 pm

Richards has played wing for 10 years....yeh lets try and make a leopard change his spots, sounds like our type of strategy

User avatar
Milky
Member
Member
Posts: 5287
Joined: Fri 29 Mar, 2013 7:08 pm

Post by Milky » Sat 18 May, 2013 12:41 pm

innsaneink wrote:Richards has played wing for 10 years....yeh lets try and make a leopard change his spots, sounds like our type of strategy
You would release our long term wingers to keep a 32 year old happy?

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 27031
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sat 18 May, 2013 12:47 pm

I'd buy a center if thats what we were looking for

I dont buy tomato sauce when its mustard im after

Its really pretty simple

User avatar
Milky
Member
Member
Posts: 5287
Joined: Fri 29 Mar, 2013 7:08 pm

Post by Milky » Sat 18 May, 2013 12:52 pm

innsaneink wrote:I'd buy a center if thats what we were looking for

I dont buy tomato sauce when its mustard im after

Its really pretty simple
Good point but what would you do with Richards? If all three of them are tearing it up and none elegible for NYC.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 27031
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sat 18 May, 2013 12:54 pm

might help if you tell me who youre talking about

User avatar
Flippedy
Member
Member
Posts: 7913
Joined: Mon 19 Oct, 2009 10:58 pm
Location: Central Coast NSW

Post by Flippedy » Sat 18 May, 2013 1:01 pm

Eye Of Da Tiger wrote:
pHyR3 wrote:I think koro has been really tired lately from being used as a PROP. Also, he tried chasing about 4 different people who had a massive headstart and were on the other side of the field. Limits his pace. He was still fast as **** in the panthers game. He just needs to be in a team that isn't lacking props and not making him do 5 extra 100m sprints
100% correct. Working in the wrong areas is going to take it's toll. The kids not superman
Absolutely spot on! I really like Koro, but he is making the mistakes that everybody notices since he is having to do waaay too much for a winger because of our 'gutless' middle! He was the busiest player in our team last night, put under heaps of pressure and having to chase everything down from the wrong side of the field and this is just plain wrong. If the whole team was playing the way they should be, this wouldn't be happening quite so much. He is still very inexperienced and is being thrown in the deep end way too early, imo. I'm sure we'll see his blistering speed again if the team can ever get it's act together and play like a real NRL side.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Majere77
Member
Member
Posts: 325
Joined: Sat 23 Feb, 2013 9:23 pm

Post by Majere77 » Sat 18 May, 2013 1:02 pm

I'd take richards at 32 over any winger on our books

claws
Member
Member
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed 28 Oct, 2009 11:42 am

Post by claws » Sat 18 May, 2013 1:32 pm

Flippedy wrote:
Eye Of Da Tiger wrote:
pHyR3 wrote:I think koro has been really tired lately from being used as a PROP. Also, he tried chasing about 4 different people who had a massive headstart and were on the other side of the field. Limits his pace. He was still fast as **** in the panthers game. He just needs to be in a team that isn't lacking props and not making him do 5 extra 100m sprints
100% correct. Working in the wrong areas is going to take it's toll. The kids not superman
Absolutely spot on! I really like Koro, but he is making the mistakes that everybody notices since he is having to do waaay too much for a winger because of our 'gutless' middle! He was the busiest player in our team last night, put under heaps of pressure and having to chase everything down from the wrong side of the field and this is just plain wrong. If the whole team was playing the way they should be, this wouldn't be happening quite so much. He is still very inexperienced and is being thrown in the deep end way too early, imo. I'm sure we'll see his blistering speed again if the team can ever get it's act together and play like a real NRL side.
Where have you people been for the last 10 years? It is the wingers job to play the role of a prop. Have a go at the size of the wingers running around. Most wingers would not be under 95kg and 186cm tall. They are big boys for a reason. They are huge with speed to burn, to hit the ball up when the pigs are tired. This is Koro's job, as well as to cover defend on the opposite side of the field when a break is made - just like every other winger in the comp. Don't make excuses for him, he is learning the game, therefore, lower your expectations. Go Weststigers!

User avatar
Flippedy
Member
Member
Posts: 7913
Joined: Mon 19 Oct, 2009 10:58 pm
Location: Central Coast NSW

Post by Flippedy » Sat 18 May, 2013 1:40 pm

claws wrote:
Flippedy wrote:
Eye Of Da Tiger wrote:
pHyR3 wrote:I think koro has been really tired lately from being used as a PROP. Also, he tried chasing about 4 different people who had a massive headstart and were on the other side of the field. Limits his pace. He was still fast as **** in the panthers game. He just needs to be in a team that isn't lacking props and not making him do 5 extra 100m sprints
100% correct. Working in the wrong areas is going to take it's toll. The kids not superman
Absolutely spot on! I really like Koro, but he is making the mistakes that everybody notices since he is having to do waaay too much for a winger because of our 'gutless' middle! He was the busiest player in our team last night, put under heaps of pressure and having to chase everything down from the wrong side of the field and this is just plain wrong. If the whole team was playing the way they should be, this wouldn't be happening quite so much. He is still very inexperienced and is being thrown in the deep end way too early, imo. I'm sure we'll see his blistering speed again if the team can ever get it's act together and play like a real NRL side.
Where have you people been for the last 10 years? It is the wingers job to play the role of a prop. Have a go at the size of the wingers running around. Most wingers would not be under 95kg and 186cm tall. They are big boys for a reason. They are huge with speed to burn, to hit the ball up when the pigs are tired. This is Koro's job, as well as to cover defend on the opposite side of the field when a break is made - just like every other winger in the comp. Don't make excuses for him, he is learning the game, therefore, lower your expectations. Go Weststigers!
Yes true, but not as much as Koro has had to do, especially last night. Those breaks down our middle should not have been happening at the rate they were. Do you really think a winger should be the most involved player on the field?
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Post Reply