What is Potter to do?

ImageImageImage
Tiger_heart

What is Potter to do?

Post by Tiger_heart » Sat 18 May, 2013 3:38 pm

A. Does he give up the ghost for this year and blood as many players as possible with a view to clean the joint next year?
B. Try to make the 8 by hook or by crook - after all, with the players he has missing, making the 8 would be a great achievement, so use experience ahead of youth
C. Play a mix of youth and experience, he can always blame the results on the squad he has inherited, regardless of where we finish outside of the 8's

In any case, including above, I feel for him - there is no silver bullet.

What would you do?

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sat 18 May, 2013 3:47 pm

Tiger_heart wrote:A. Does he give up the ghost for this year and blood as many players as possible with a view to clean the joint next year?
B. Try to make the 8 by hook or by crook - after all, with the players he has missing, making the 8 would be a great achievement, so use experience ahead of youth
C. Play a mix of youth and experience, he can always blame the results on the squad he has inherited, regardless of where we finish outside of the 8's

In any case, including above, I feel for him - there is no silver bullet.

What would you do?
You forgot Option D: Resign from the club together with defence coach Simmons before they cause any more damage to the club.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 18 May, 2013 3:48 pm

In his favour he's basically coaching for free.
We are already paying another coach top $$$to do nothing, so that at least should buy Potsy some time

He has the cap and contrectual restraints holding him to an extent....he needs to continue to be strong, drop underperforming players (Blair should be in reggies next week)

We wont make the eight.....he needs results for player confidence....form should be his priority....he's blooded plenty already 1/3 the way thru....there'll be plenty more chances for him to do this without it being a priority

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sat 18 May, 2013 3:52 pm

I'd say with Humpty gone, he wont last the month!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

clokan
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by clokan » Sat 18 May, 2013 6:51 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:I'd say with Humpty gone, he wont last the month!
I'd be surprised, financial constraints, having two shafted coaches on the books (Sheens and Potter), and the quality of coach we could attract given our current position. Potter is safe, this year at least

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sat 18 May, 2013 6:54 pm

put boxing gloves around the players hands so that no one grabs the opposition players... USE THE BLOODY SHOULDERS YOU MORONS
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 18 May, 2013 7:02 pm

If Potter were let go we would be stuck with boys club mentor worthless [automatically edited] Georgalis.

What a cluster [automatically edited] of a club admin we are.

I wish the NRL would come in and force a re-structure to allow the license to continue

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sat 18 May, 2013 7:04 pm

he needs to earn the respect of the players first.

the players need to do what he tells them to do rather than carry on their own BS.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sat 18 May, 2013 7:31 pm

smeghead wrote: I wish the NRL would come in and force a re-structure to allow the license to continue
could you elaborate a bit there? whadya mean?
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 18 May, 2013 7:34 pm

They have the right to tell Wests Tigers to re-structure the entire structure and form a new entity free of the JV agreement and the board.

They can force it by pulling their NRL license if they don't.

That is what it will take because these parasites are dug into WT deeper then a white tick

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sat 18 May, 2013 7:41 pm

smeghead wrote:They have the right to tell Wests Tigers to re-structure the entire structure and form a new entity free of the JV agreement and the board.

That is what it will take because these parasites are dug into WT deeper then a white tick
Oh cool, wasnt sure how or if the NRL would actually do that. Seems legit though, should we try to make change happen as supporters then? If we got a few hundred emails going to the NRL about making us have an independant board it could work well!
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Tigersmurf

Post by Tigersmurf » Sat 18 May, 2013 7:44 pm

Why would Potter go? He hasn't had a chance to do anything yet.This man does not walk away from a challenge, he coached a bankrupt team for free! He can fix this but it will take time.

Funny how the same individuals that wanted Sheens gone are now hollering to sack his replacement after not even three months.....no wonder this club is a basket case!

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 18 May, 2013 7:46 pm

pHyR3 wrote:
smeghead wrote:They have the right to tell Wests Tigers to re-structure the entire structure and form a new entity free of the JV agreement and the board.

Oh cool, wasnt sure how or if the NRL would actually do that. Seems legit though, should we try to make change happen as supporters then? If we got a few hundred emails going to the NRL about making us have an independant board it could work well!
There is a provision that all licenses are subject to many conditions. One of those is competent governance. That is the in point

willow

Post by willow » Sat 18 May, 2013 7:53 pm

We can only wish Smeg, we can only wish...

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Sat 18 May, 2013 7:56 pm

well, one thing i do commend potter on is not losing his cool like a lot of under pressure coaches do. i think he should just be patient and not go crazy blooding younger guys, but to build on the experience of those he has already brought in, while maintaining a good mix of youth and experience when he gets players back.

in my mind it is the best way to prepare for 2014.

also, i have to say that it seems all of the tigers cap is spent on farah, marshall and blair, with only farah worth it.

you just have to stay cool i guess?