Ugly crowd at Leichhardt this Friday - Sub 5K?

ImageImageImage
Eddie

Ugly crowd at Leichhardt this Friday - Sub 5K?

Post by Eddie » Sat 18 May, 2013 3:38 pm

We have had some great crowds over the years at our traditional homes. This fridays looms as an all time shocker. However fans are not fools and it will only be the real ardent fans out there this Friday. Im predicting less then 5k which would be a horrendous look for the club.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 18 May, 2013 3:40 pm

Better than 12000 imo

I think some will get behind the club even moreso now following todays events, the majority though only care for 80 mins per week and the result at the end

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sat 18 May, 2013 3:44 pm

no way they will get 12K they will be lucky to get that in the next 2 home games combined.

Tigerpete

Post by Tigerpete » Sat 18 May, 2013 3:45 pm

Yeah I don't expect it to be great. If the weather sucks, 5K will be about right. Decent day though and I reckon a tick over 9K. Either way not good enough but all things considered it's about par.

Tiger_heart

Post by Tiger_heart » Sat 18 May, 2013 3:45 pm

I'll be there, was there when we got smashed by Parra in Pearce's last game (driving rain, if I remember correctly) so I am battle hardened :sign:

Anthism

Post by Anthism » Sat 18 May, 2013 3:46 pm

Eddie wrote:We have had some great crowds over the years at our traditional homes. This fridays looms as an all time shocker. However fans are not fools and it will only be the real ardent fans out there this Friday. Im predicting less then 5k which would be a horrendous look for the club.
I'm going.
I think it would be a horrible thing for the young guys trying hard no matter how well/bad they are playing for people to not show up for them.
Disgraceful if we get sub 5k. Shows how unwilling some people are to support a team at their worst yet celebrate with them at the best of times. Surely we can at least hang on to the Cowboys at home and make a game of it.
Souths were horrible a few years ago and no doubt there are people on the bandwagon now but there are people who have gone through some tough times. Those fans were as understanding as ever for us last night. We should be looking to have the same attitude.

tiga4eva

Post by tiga4eva » Sat 18 May, 2013 3:48 pm

Ive supported this club before this current crop played and ill be here long after they've gone. I'll be there Friday night cheering on Robbie,Woods and the youngsters who have been promoted before their time. As for Blair,Pettybourne and other senior players who don't have a dig. Get ready for an almighty spray by me if you hand in an effort like last night, those two are disgraceful.

watersider

Post by watersider » Sat 18 May, 2013 3:53 pm

why would you miss a leichhardt game?

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 18 May, 2013 3:55 pm

Yeh I'll probably go again/

I must be weird but I really feel like supporting them at this time and havent been to as many games as I have this year at this stage of the season since about 05

It cant get worse than last night

hopefully

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sat 18 May, 2013 3:56 pm

Look ill be there. Im just saying there will be plenty that won't. The team is last by a distance. Plenty of people factor this in when deciding whether to attend games

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Sat 18 May, 2013 4:27 pm

I'll be there with my 2 sons and a buddy

Snake

Post by Snake » Sat 18 May, 2013 4:31 pm

I suppose what happens though the week will decide that...this is going to be open slather for the Tele crap it,s going to be ugly. I was always going and still will just have to find my old Magpie jumper :sign:

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Sat 18 May, 2013 5:02 pm

this goes against my better judgement back i would like to see all boycott the game as a massive protest, it would be hard for those in charge to ignore fans not turning out at leichhard oval.
Just a one of boycott would sent a strong message to the board we are tired off the crap that goes on at OUR club.

Benjirific

Post by Benjirific » Sat 18 May, 2013 5:03 pm

I know everyone hates using this, but if you have the ability and means to get there on Friday night and don't you really aren't a supporter, you're a celebrator. The same as booing your own team, not going because of the position on the ladder is weak in my opinion. I'm going because work aside I hate missing home games, particularly at Leichhardt.

How do people honestly expect players to lift and really dig deep if you can't be bothered to get off your backside and get to the game? Remember 2010 when Souths smashed us, everyone was hating, we went to Newcastle on a Friday night in horrific conditions and had to grind out a win. This group can turn it around, and I think even 12k would help motivate the players to do that.

Benjirific

Post by Benjirific » Sat 18 May, 2013 5:05 pm

bp tiger wrote:this goes against my better judgement back i would like to see all boycott the game as a massive protest, it would be hard for those in charge to ignore fans not turning out at leichhard oval.
Just a one of boycott would sent a strong message to the board we are tired off the crap that goes on at OUR club.
What does a boycott at the moment achieve? The board and administration know everyone is pissed off, a boycott only hurts the club financially more and hurts the players.

If this is the attitude of some people we're in a lot more trouble than we think.

wtfl1981

Post by wtfl1981 » Sat 18 May, 2013 5:08 pm

The boys needs us fans.

What matters right now is on field form with the players we got
WESTS TIGERS FOR LIFE!

Adman

Post by Adman » Sat 18 May, 2013 5:13 pm

I'll be there doing the only thing I can do. Supporting the team.

:sign:

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sat 18 May, 2013 5:22 pm

Tiger_heart wrote:I'll be there, was there when we got smashed by Parra in Pearce's last game (driving rain, if I remember correctly) so I am battle hardened :sign:
I think your getting your games mixed up , Pearce's last game at Leichardt was against Parra but that game was Sterlo's last as well and was a hot spring day as I got a bit sunburnt and remember throwing streamers onto the field as Pearce did his lap of honour , and we only lost by 6 points or something like that .
Maybe your talking about Pearce's last coaching game as Balmain Tigers Coach at Leichardt vs Northern Eagles and that was torrential rain and we had an upset win .
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.