Ugly crowd at Leichhardt this Friday - Sub 5K?

ImageImageImage
foreveratiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Re: Ugly crowd at Leichhardt this Friday - Sub 5K?

Post by foreveratiger » Sat 18 May, 2013 11:30 pm

You were right about his Shoulder problem he signed for 2 more years and retired in 1992 , in the last 2 seasons he only played 4 games cause of his Shoulder , just read on it .
But I recall Junior's last game and Sterlo was there playing
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

wests4life987

Post by wests4life987 » Sat 18 May, 2013 11:36 pm

i dont care i will be there cheering on my beloved Tigers. this tough time really separates the true tigers supports from this so called supporters unless you cant make it. i urge all Tigers fan to get out to one of the best grounds in Australia, to watch NRL, to cheer on your side and give extra support. i know the players will appreciate it through this rough time. Rain, hail or shine i will be there. GO WESTS TIGERS !!!!!

Gothetigers

Post by Gothetigers » Sat 18 May, 2013 11:45 pm

A big crowd on Friday might just be the thing to turn things around.

If the players run out of the tunnel to a huge crowd it will lift them to have pride in the jersey

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 18 May, 2013 11:50 pm

I reckon about 7K. Cowboys will only attract 500 supporters if that

Tbone
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tbone » Sun 19 May, 2013 5:01 am

Whether its methadone dependent South fans with only 3 teeth or fans of the Do-giiiiies, there are stereotypes that exist for each supporter base. Sometimes I wonder how Tigers fans are viewed by other NRL fans. What we do casts dispersions on each other and I would be mortified if we as WT fans were viewed as fair-weather supporters who turn their backs on the club during a tough time. There's a big difference between not being happy with the state of affairs at the club and turning your back on them.

Im pleased to say I am proud of most of the posts I see on this thread saying you will be going to the ground on Friday to support he team. This forum is a great place for a vent and the occasional sook, but come game day, we do it all again. I hope the team puts in a better performance for those in attendance. Make sure you lift he roof off the place If we score first. (I live OS so won't be there but I'll be watching live as I do every game).

LCA

Post by LCA » Sun 19 May, 2013 7:32 am

Tbone wrote:Whether its methadone dependent South fans with only 3 teeth or fans of the Do-giiiiies, there are stereotypes that exist for each supporter base. Sometimes I wonder how Tigers fans are viewed by other NRL fans. What we do casts dispersions on each other and I would be mortified if we as WT fans were viewed as fair-weather supporters who turn their backs on the club during a tough time. There's a big difference between not being happy with the state of affairs at the club and turning your back on them.

Im pleased to say I am proud of most of the posts I see on this thread saying you will be going to the ground on Friday to support he team. This forum is a great place for a vent and the occasional sook, but come game day, we do it all again. I hope the team puts in a better performance for those in attendance. Make sure you lift he roof off the place If we score first. (I live OS so won't be there but I'll be watching live as I do every game).
"This forum is a great place for a vent and the occasional sook..." Too true Tbone, but how do we know if anyone that matters reads the thing? The best place for a vent and a sook (your words not mine) is]at the game. Hopefully, there won't be any reason to vent or sook. See you there.

krayola

Post by krayola » Sun 19 May, 2013 8:28 am

Ridiculous thread. You'd do well working for the Telegraph.
One of my sources is Pascoe

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sun 19 May, 2013 9:02 am

anyone know the worst crowd at Leichardt since 05? I'd venture a guess and say 9k, I think we can break 10 with good weather. But i'm always the delusional hopeful.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by innsaneink » Sun 19 May, 2013 9:21 am

4359 v Nthn Eagles Rd 21 2001

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sun 19 May, 2013 9:41 am

after 05 ink? cause those first few years we were just starting up and doing very poorly so...
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by innsaneink » Sun 19 May, 2013 10:01 am

10178 -2011
10776 - 2008
10,834 last year
11,363 -2010
12 646 -2009

sjtiger

Post by sjtiger » Sun 19 May, 2013 10:12 am

I'll be there and I'll be dragging my 2 mates with me from newcastle. I'm with Ink on this; I feel I have a duty as a fan to be there for this ame after the issues that have reared up this past fortnight.
I'll be very vocal sitting in the Keith Barnes stand this Friday no doubt.

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sun 19 May, 2013 10:23 am

innsaneink wrote:10178 -2011
10776 - 2008
10,834 last year
11,363 -2010
12 646 -2009
thanks mate; yeah i reckon we can break 10k. It'd be good to do so and really show the boys we care. :supporter: :supporter: :supporter: :supporter: :supporter: :supporter:

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by innsaneink » Sun 19 May, 2013 5:24 pm

Looks like the TV broadcast has been shunted back to the 9,30 slot after initially being scheduled for the live 7.30 game

Might help the crowd....but rain is forecast too

Goose

Post by Goose » Sun 19 May, 2013 5:44 pm

innsaneink wrote:Yeh I'll probably go again/

I must be weird but I really feel like supporting them at this time and havent been to as many games as I have this year at this stage of the season since about 05

It cant get worse than last night

hopefully
im a bit the same I feel obligated to turn up when things are bad cause others won't.
remember in sport half the teams lose every week and some one has to come last. ....sometimes it is you, if you can't handle losing sport is probably not for you cause it is going to happen s lot.
Some of my favorite moments have been surprise wins when we have been struggling.

clokan
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by clokan » Sun 19 May, 2013 8:49 pm

Tiger_heart wrote:I'll be there, was there when we got smashed by Parra in Pearce's last game (driving rain, if I remember correctly) so I am battle hardened :sign:
I remember driving up from Canberra to watch Pearce's last game, if memory serves me correctly I was s*** that Siro and Blocker were away on rep duties

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by innsaneink » Sun 19 May, 2013 8:53 pm

Looking like rain, best seats on offer was $50 to sit opposite the corner post...what a joke ....thought there may be some undercover seating available.

Will see what the weather brings

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sun 19 May, 2013 10:12 pm

foreveratiger wrote:
Yossarian wrote:
foreveratiger wrote:
Tiger_heart wrote:I'll be there, was there when we got smashed by Parra in Pearce's last game (driving rain, if I remember correctly) so I am battle hardened :sign:
I think your getting your games mixed up , Pearce's last game at Leichardt was against Parra but that game was Sterlo's last as well and was a hot spring day as I got a bit sunburnt and remember throwing streamers onto the field as Pearce did his lap of honour , and we only lost by 6 points or something like that .
Maybe your talking about Pearce's last coaching game as Balmain Tigers Coach at Leichardt vs Northern Eagles and that was torrential rain and we had an upset win .
The torrential rain game was the final Balmain game at Leichhardt. It was against Parra and we won 20-10 or something like that.

As I recall Sterling retired after doing his shoulder for the umpteenth time. I don't believe that was against Balmain. I recall Brett Kenny having his final game against Balmain but that was at Parra Stadium.

Don't really remember Wayne Pearce's last Leichhardt game as coach.

Anyway I'll be there on Friday because those kids being sent out there aren't to blame and it's time like this that the club needs my support. I am reminded of the Canberra game after the Field/McGuinness debacle, the game after the Hoppa incident was news (was it against Melbourne?) at times like this.

Besides it couldn't be worse than the night Mark O'Neill got king hit. There couldn't have been many there that night I think I parked in Mary Street...
i'm telling you as a fact Wayne Pearce last game was against Parra round 22 and Sterlo played I was there, Parra won 14-10 and 5 days later we player Newcastle Knights at Parra stadium a play off game for 5th spot which we won then lost to Manly in the Semis 4TH vs 5TH
Alright calm down. I didn't say Sterlo didn't play in Wayne Pearce's final game I said I didn't believe Peter Sterling's final game was against Balmain. Two totally different things.