Ugly crowd at Leichhardt this Friday - Sub 5K?

ImageImageImage
derailed

Re: Ugly crowd at Leichhardt this Friday - Sub 5K?

Post by derailed » Sat 18 May, 2013 5:23 pm

I'll be there as always hoping for a bit more to cheer about then the last two games.

I've got a few mates you only tag along on the odd occassion to help boost the crowd.

It will be a small crowd and could get really ugly if it does rain but the boys need every voice we've got at the moment

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sat 18 May, 2013 5:29 pm

Adman wrote:I'll be there doing the only thing I can do. Supporting the team.

:sign:
That is something I wish I could still do , being there as a person win , lose or draw , thumbs up to you , tried to give you a positive Rep but keeps taking me to some Coles commercial car thing .
Despite how we are travelling nice to hear of your support , people that live interstate would love that opportunity , don't take it for Granted .
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

NJLM78

Post by NJLM78 » Sat 18 May, 2013 5:36 pm

wtfl1981 wrote:The boys needs us fans.

What matters right now is on field form with the players we got

Thats right. I will be there!

live like a hero

Post by live like a hero » Sat 18 May, 2013 6:01 pm

I will still be there. WIN LOSE OR DRAW I WON'T FORGET MY TEAM. I met a lot of so called fans in the good times its in the tough times you really know who is there for the team.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sat 18 May, 2013 6:09 pm

foreveratiger wrote:
Tiger_heart wrote:I'll be there, was there when we got smashed by Parra in Pearce's last game (driving rain, if I remember correctly) so I am battle hardened :sign:
I think your getting your games mixed up , Pearce's last game at Leichardt was against Parra but that game was Sterlo's last as well and was a hot spring day as I got a bit sunburnt and remember throwing streamers onto the field as Pearce did his lap of honour , and we only lost by 6 points or something like that .
Maybe your talking about Pearce's last coaching game as Balmain Tigers Coach at Leichardt vs Northern Eagles and that was torrential rain and we had an upset win .
The torrential rain game was the final Balmain game at Leichhardt. It was against Parra and we won 20-10 or something like that.

As I recall Sterling retired after doing his shoulder for the umpteenth time. I don't believe that was against Balmain. I recall Brett Kenny having his final game against Balmain but that was at Parra Stadium.

Don't really remember Wayne Pearce's last Leichhardt game as coach.

Anyway I'll be there on Friday because those kids being sent out there aren't to blame and it's time like this that the club needs my support. I am reminded of the Canberra game after the Field/McGuinness debacle, the game after the Hoppa incident was news (was it against Melbourne?) at times like this.

Besides it couldn't be worse than the night Mark O'Neill got king hit. There couldn't have been many there that night I think I parked in Mary Street...

Anthism

Post by Anthism » Sat 18 May, 2013 6:12 pm

bp tiger wrote:this goes against my better judgement back i would like to see all boycott the game as a massive protest, it would be hard for those in charge to ignore fans not turning out at leichhard oval.
Just a one of boycott would sent a strong message to the board we are tired off the crap that goes on at OUR club.
Probably the only game we have a small chance of winning for a few weeks and you want to boycott it??? Will do nothing, our crowds are already horrible as they are.

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sat 18 May, 2013 6:18 pm

Anthism wrote:
bp tiger wrote:this goes against my better judgement back i would like to see all boycott the game as a massive protest, it would be hard for those in charge to ignore fans not turning out at leichhard oval.
Just a one of boycott would sent a strong message to the board we are tired off the crap that goes on at OUR club.
Probably the only game we have a small chance of winning for a few weeks and you want to boycott it??? Will do nothing, our crowds are already horrible as they are.
agreed, unfortunately my rep button has not been working recently. I press it and it just directs me to a blank page with some email address on it; otherwise i woulda neg repped that instantly....boycotting our team?

let's send a message to our team that they're not wanted. They're hurting way worse than you and you wanna just shove it in their faces like that? :rant horrible attitude, support them through the tough and good times. You wanna send a message to the board? Write an email and send it to the NRL and several people at the tigers. That'll help more than an idiotic boycott.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

andrew 474

Post by andrew 474 » Sat 18 May, 2013 6:44 pm

the players are going to need all the support they can get , when they run onto the field and see there fans filling the joint up will give them a major boost , people who want to bag them dont go , your not needed , 10 to 15 thousand at this game will be in the players best interest , specially the new guys coming in , people need to think more for our team than just themselfs

NJLM78

Post by NJLM78 » Sat 18 May, 2013 6:56 pm

I remember being at Leichhardt in 2004 on a very cold, wet Saturday night when the Tigers ended a long losing streak by beating the Storm. They posted a crowd of 4000. Really it was about 2000. The following year you couldn't find a seat in the place. So important to follow the team good times and bad (or really bad!). There are always fans who turn up for the good times. Its the true supporters who are there for all times.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 18 May, 2013 7:03 pm

I will be there.

They are my team, I have paid for my ticket already so worth going along

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sat 18 May, 2013 8:11 pm

I'll be there for sure.

Can't wait to give it to the oxygen thief Blair.

cunno

Post by cunno » Sat 18 May, 2013 8:23 pm

I'll be there also it will be good to sit amongst Wests Tigers supporters, the souths people were painful last night. The weather people are predicting rain which could affect the crowd but then again the weather bureau form is as good as Adam's so it will be clear skies for sure.

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Sat 18 May, 2013 8:32 pm

[quote="innsaneink"]Yeh I'll probably go again/

I must be weird but I really feel like supporting them at this time and havent been to as many games as I have this year at this stage of the season since about 05

It cant get worse than last night

That's the Lidcombe Oval coming out in you Ink !!!
Feels like 84 when they were trying to kick us out !!!

Furious1

Post by Furious1 » Sat 18 May, 2013 8:45 pm

Me and my mate will be there too. I'm keen to get out there and show the boys especially the young guys that we are all in this together

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sat 18 May, 2013 8:51 pm

NJLM78 wrote:I remember being at Leichhardt in 2004 on a very cold, wet Saturday night when the Tigers ended a long losing streak by beating the Storm. They posted a crowd of 4000. Really it was about 2000. The following year you couldn't find a seat in the place. So important to follow the team good times and bad (or really bad!). There are always fans who turn up for the good times. Its the true supporters who are there for all times.
That was the night Mark O'Neil was king hit by one of the Melbourne forwards who was served a very lengthy suspension.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 18 May, 2013 9:00 pm

NJLM78 wrote:I remember being at Leichhardt in 2004 on a very cold, wet Saturday night when the Tigers ended a long losing streak by beating the Storm. They posted a crowd of 4000. Really it was about 2000. The following year you couldn't find a seat in the place. So important to follow the team good times and bad (or really bad!). There are always fans who turn up for the good times. Its the true supporters who are there for all times.
Yeah I was there too that night, there was some inspiring forward charges upfield after buckets got KOed....was around the time of the Stop The Rot movement

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sat 18 May, 2013 9:14 pm

Newtown wrote:
That was the night Mark O'Neil was king hit by one of the Melbourne forwards who was served a very lengthy suspension.
And a bearded Craig Field playing for Newtown in the reggies... Never seen a crowd so angry as when Danny Williams slinked off.

As I said above I've never parked so close to the ground before or since...

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sat 18 May, 2013 11:24 pm

Yossarian wrote:
foreveratiger wrote:
Tiger_heart wrote:I'll be there, was there when we got smashed by Parra in Pearce's last game (driving rain, if I remember correctly) so I am battle hardened :sign:
I think your getting your games mixed up , Pearce's last game at Leichardt was against Parra but that game was Sterlo's last as well and was a hot spring day as I got a bit sunburnt and remember throwing streamers onto the field as Pearce did his lap of honour , and we only lost by 6 points or something like that .
Maybe your talking about Pearce's last coaching game as Balmain Tigers Coach at Leichardt vs Northern Eagles and that was torrential rain and we had an upset win .
The torrential rain game was the final Balmain game at Leichhardt. It was against Parra and we won 20-10 or something like that.

As I recall Sterling retired after doing his shoulder for the umpteenth time. I don't believe that was against Balmain. I recall Brett Kenny having his final game against Balmain but that was at Parra Stadium.

Don't really remember Wayne Pearce's last Leichhardt game as coach.

Anyway I'll be there on Friday because those kids being sent out there aren't to blame and it's time like this that the club needs my support. I am reminded of the Canberra game after the Field/McGuinness debacle, the game after the Hoppa incident was news (was it against Melbourne?) at times like this.

Besides it couldn't be worse than the night Mark O'Neill got king hit. There couldn't have been many there that night I think I parked in Mary Street...
i'm telling you as a fact Wayne Pearce last game was against Parra round 22 and Sterlo played I was there, Parra won 14-10 and 5 days later we player Newcastle Knights at Parra stadium a play off game for 5th spot which we won then lost to Manly in the Semis 4TH vs 5TH
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.