POTTERS MEDIA TALK!!!

ImageImageImage
bp tiger

POTTERS MEDIA TALK!!!

Post by bp tiger » Thu 23 May, 2013 3:43 pm

What a load of crap his media speech was, everything is going well benji back to his best, and the media did not ask one hard question of Potter.It allmost seemed like it was staged managed, where are the hard questions, like.
1. will blair be the next player dropped if his form does not pick up.
2. you said all during the off season u worked no defence, does not seem like it, does simmons have to fall on his sword.
3. can the fans be assured that new players will be coming into the side next year, and if so how far down the track are you to signing someone.
4. the fans have noted the there is very few if any set plays ,why?
5. been a small side why do you continue to try and go up the middle?
would love to see these question asked not the same old bullsh** question and answer crap.

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Thu 23 May, 2013 9:33 pm

what no one got any opinions??

Milky

Post by Milky » Thu 23 May, 2013 9:34 pm

Potter really has let most of us down.

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Thu 23 May, 2013 9:39 pm

He is still sugarcoating stuff.
His answers are very political.

I dont mind a Great deal as long as he can get results for us.

Tigerpete

Post by Tigerpete » Fri 24 May, 2013 1:28 am

I don't get what you guys expect him to say?? A lot of the criticism's in tactics and team selections all stem back to the injury problems. We've filled our secondary cap which is why Blair is still there. Our defence sucks still because there's 8-9 guys who've barely played any football together or trained as a cohesive unit in the pre season. The same can be said for the lack of set plays. The only set plays I've seen this season have involved Farah, Marshall, Moltzen, Lawrence and Tedesco.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Fri 24 May, 2013 2:35 pm

Tigerpete wrote:I don't get what you guys expect him to say?? A lot of the criticism's in tactics and team selections all stem back to the injury problems. We've filled our secondary cap which is why Blair is still there. Our defence sucks still because there's 8-9 guys who've barely played any football together or trained as a cohesive unit in the pre season. The same can be said for the lack of set plays. The only set plays I've seen this season have involved Farah, Marshall, Moltzen, Lawrence and Tedesco.
The majority of the team for tonight has been together for well over a month. Surely Potter has had plenty of time to teach them quite a number of new set plays? As for our defence, well it beggars belief. It certainly seems that too many people (including Potter) are looking for excuses.

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Fri 24 May, 2013 3:55 pm

Tigerpete wrote:I don't get what you guys expect him to say?? A lot of the criticism's in tactics and team selections all stem back to the injury problems. We've filled our secondary cap which is why Blair is still there. Our defence sucks still because there's 8-9 guys who've barely played any football together or trained as a cohesive unit in the pre season. The same can be said for the lack of set plays. The only set plays I've seen this season have involved Farah, Marshall, Moltzen, Lawrence and Tedesco.
hang on penrith are in the same boat as us yet they have heaps of set plays and they defend, what does it take to get some of u people to open our eyes and really see what is going on, in our case (weststigers) not a lot.
I have coached A grade and it does not take much to teach them 2-3 plays to put on and that is working only on a thursday night , these blokes have allday every day.

Milky

Post by Milky » Fri 24 May, 2013 4:08 pm

Penrith are in a worse scenario. They are losing key players like Coote, Mansour, Naiqama, Mckendry, Anderson and Latimore. Our only key players are...well is Galloway. The rest are all over-rated and you would not even have them in your side if they were fit anyway. It does not take a superhero to make a tackle.

dazza65

Post by dazza65 » Fri 24 May, 2013 4:26 pm

Mmmm some of us life in fantasy world don't we....The club s a work place and one of the golden management rules is praise in public and do everything else in private. No way will you see any good manager of people blast or denigrate their staff in public - never ever have we heard Bennett or Bellamy do the likes of what was suggested above. I think we all need to have faith that Potter is telling home truths behind doors and trying to get it done. At the end of the days it is results and he isn't getting them at the moment but to be honest - 9 FG;s out of the team - talk 9 regularly first graders out of any team and see what that does for cohesion, defensive patterns and "set plays". He was saddled with a roster not of his making as well. I understand it has been a very disappointing year to date but constant bleating and b**** of some here borders on the psychotic. Grow up
----------------------------------------------
Tigers?!? - Driven mad since - 1969-201?

kh_canada

Post by kh_canada » Fri 24 May, 2013 4:42 pm

Not sure what coach would openly set fire to their team through media appearances, coaches are trained to say the right things, as are players so they don't open the door for media to start rumours etc.
Consider ourselves lucky that we have easy questions.
The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Fri 24 May, 2013 4:52 pm

dazza65 wrote:Mmmm some of us life in fantasy world don't we....The club s a work place and one of the golden management rules is praise in public and do everything else in private. No way will you see any good manager of people blast or denigrate their staff in public - never ever have we heard Bennett or Bellamy do the likes of what was suggested above. I think we all need to have faith that Potter is telling home truths behind doors and trying to get it done. At the end of the days it is results and he isn't getting them at the moment but to be honest - 9 FG;s out of the team - talk 9 regularly first graders out of any team and see what that does for cohesion, defensive patterns and "set plays". He was saddled with a roster not of his making as well. I understand it has been a very disappointing year to date but constant bleating and [automatically edited] of some here borders on the psychotic. Grow up
Most West Tigers supporters would support a team which (a) tries hard for 80 minutes and doesn't carry any loafers and (b) is capably coached in defence and attack no matter how many first graders are missing. The proof will be in the in the number of fans who turn up tonight..

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Fri 24 May, 2013 5:29 pm

Newtown wrote:
dazza65 wrote:Mmmm some of us life in fantasy world don't we....The club s a work place and one of the golden management rules is praise in public and do everything else in private. No way will you see any good manager of people blast or denigrate their staff in public - never ever have we heard Bennett or Bellamy do the likes of what was suggested above. I think we all need to have faith that Potter is telling home truths behind doors and trying to get it done. At the end of the days it is results and he isn't getting them at the moment but to be honest - 9 FG;s out of the team - talk 9 regularly first graders out of any team and see what that does for cohesion, defensive patterns and "set plays". He was saddled with a roster not of his making as well. I understand it has been a very disappointing year to date but constant bleating and [automatically edited] of some here borders on the psychotic. Grow up
Most West Tigers supporters would support a team which (a) tries hard for 80 minutes and doesn't carry any loafers and (b) is capably coached in defence and attack no matter how many first graders are missing. The proof will be in the in the number of fans who turn up tonight..
Well the first bit is the key. The disappointing thing about the first half is nobody wanted to have a dig. The effort in defence was just woeful - it looked like the masters v students game on The Meaning of Life. I'd take a 40 point loss if we tried our best but not even a team of reserve graders should ship 38 points in 30-odd minutes.

As for B you can only do the best with what you've got. If you assembled a team of WT Forum members we'd still be rubbish after a year of training. But gee we'd have a crack for the first 10 minutes until we got carted off on the mobile stretcher thing!