Tigers set to hit new low @ Leichhardt

ImageImageImage
Yossarian

Re: Tigers set to hit new low @ Leichhardt

Post by Yossarian » Fri 24 May, 2013 4:58 pm

WestsSupporter wrote:Could this be the first step to shifting out of the suburban grounds?
There'd be a crap crowd no matter where we played...

Oh a suggestion for the Wests Tigers website - if you're going to send out a 'Keep the Faith' message to inspire the fans, don't use a photo of the team watching a conversion after conceding a try...

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news-disp ... ters/75483

Eye Of Da Tiger

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Fri 24 May, 2013 5:12 pm

Winnipeg wrote:Not going as I have a 3 day old son at home. Otherwise I'd be there!

I saw 3 blokes in jerseys walking towards leichhardt at about 2.30 this arvo so the crowd will probably be somewhere between 3-10,000

(Unless they get too drunk between now and kickoff)

Carn tigers
Bring him lol. Good luck with him mate. Enjoy :roll

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Fri 24 May, 2013 5:32 pm

Winnipeg wrote:Not going as I have a 3 day old son at home. Otherwise I'd be there!

I saw 3 blokes in jerseys walking towards leichhardt at about 2.30 this arvo so the crowd will probably be somewhere between 3-10,000

Carn tigers
3 day old son.... screw the footy... congratulations mate!

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 24 May, 2013 5:35 pm

Black'n'White wrote:

Carn tigers
3 day old son.... screw the footy... congratulations mate!
x 2 Congratulations Winnipeg

Hopefully it will be a dual celebration at about 9.30 pm :pray:

T-D-C

Post by T-D-C » Fri 24 May, 2013 5:48 pm

Will be making the trip from Penrith. Not expecting a massive crowd. Based in what I read on the WT Facebook page we have a large amount of Celebrators outnumbering the supporters.

Not going because the team is going crap makes you a celebrator not a supporter.

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Fri 24 May, 2013 9:49 pm

dunno what the crowd was, but you can shut the hell up smh. was a great crowd considering the conditions and our position.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Adman

Post by Adman » Fri 24 May, 2013 10:48 pm

Man what a crowd. Not a sole ever gave up on the boys, we lifted them and they rewarded us... Here here to the leichhardt faithful!!! Well done to everybody who turned up! What a win!

:sign:

Eye Of Da Tiger

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Fri 24 May, 2013 11:27 pm

Wet wet wet loved every minute.Plenty of traffic delayed mums birthday , ah she understands and well worth it

kh_canada

Post by kh_canada » Sat 25 May, 2013 12:12 am

Blue skies ahead?

Anyway, I think it's fair enough to consider fans not attending games. If I lived in Sydney I'd be reluctant to give up my $30 every week. Not because we're losing but I'd find it hard to spend any amount of money on something I am not going to enjoy. I love the Tigers but I'm not gonna spend money sitting out in the rain freezing myself watching us go down by 20+. Except for tonight it was well worth it.
Besides that, if you aren't made of money or you have a family it's a hard thing going out to every game.
So Delps I appreciate the apology but I think you should probably consider your argument from everyone's perspective, not attending every game doesn't mean you aren't a"diehard fan".
The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire

Winnipeg

Post by Winnipeg » Sat 25 May, 2013 12:35 am

Hey thanks for the well wishes everyone!

I salute everyone who went tonight, it didn't look pleasant but it was a win you'll remember no doubt.

My foxtel recording ran out with 3mins to go, but we got the win so its hard to be upset

So the new boy is 1/1, could be the lucky charm that starts our winning streak! (No pressure little man)

:)

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sat 25 May, 2013 1:33 am

Crowd was around 7,100. Bucketed down all night.

Irvine

Post by Irvine » Sat 25 May, 2013 1:55 am

Not great numbers wise but the atmosphere was sensational...not many Cowboys fans of course and the players really seem to appreciate the crowd support and I loved it (of course I was in the stands)

tw33k

Post by tw33k » Sat 25 May, 2013 8:33 am

It was a great crowd given the conditions. Very vocal and I'm sure the players really appreciated it. Every person in the crowd deserves a pat on the back for showing everyone else what it means to be a "supporter".

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Sat 25 May, 2013 9:01 am

1 congratulations Winnipeg!
2 congratulations to everyone who made the effort to get out there in those conditions. Looked almost as bad as canberra last year! The crowd came across as really strong on tv.
Madgic!

prattenpark

Post by prattenpark » Sat 25 May, 2013 10:26 am

And, oh boy, how did we celebrate when we won!!! I sit up in the stand and have never seen it go off like that. I almost fell down the stairs I was jumping around so much. No voice today but worth absolutely every minute of it. Hats off to everyone not undercover. It was bucketing down.
Well done Tigers.

Basil Tiger

Post by Basil Tiger » Sat 25 May, 2013 10:34 am

+1 to all of the above,great to see a win,good to see Blair have a go,i thought that was one of his better games for us but still has a long way to go to match his Melb. form.
Greetings All,from far Northern NSW.

Tigerpete

Post by Tigerpete » Sat 25 May, 2013 10:50 am

How good was it! I had a feeling something special may happen and that it did. We never really looked the likelier of the winners but every time it came back on the screen as "NO TRY" I just sensed a "what if?" moment. From what we displayed against Souths and how we thought on our try line last night. Well, wow! Kudos to the boys but also Kudos to all you guys who got along last night.

This week on twitter Wests Tigers asked for favourite Leichhardt Oval moments, I stated the moment the crowd roars in unision knowing the Tigers have secured a win. Got to experience it yet again last night. That moment at the end was delirium giving the past 7 weeks.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 25 May, 2013 10:59 am

I think the ol girl and the 7125 hardy souls inside got us home last night

A huge thanks to everyone who showed up last night , it was Passion with a capital P last night

Send you doctors bills for the 7125 cases of pnuemonia C/O Stephen Humphreys Wests Tigers League club Pty Ltd

He's good for it