Blair ....

ImageImageImage
madunit

Re: Blair ....

Post by madunit » Sat 25 May, 2013 12:08 am

Blair was greatly improved on last week.

Was it the performance of a bloke on half a million a year though?

No.

His defence was immensely improved. He was just so much more committed that he's ever been in defence tonight in his whole time at the club.

His workrate in attack though was still too low.

Put 6-8 kgs of muscle on him and make him hit it up with some venom and he'd be much better.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 25 May, 2013 12:08 am

Next step is to get him to want to do this week after week...and even more....after having to do it tonite

Attitude.
Lets see it for a few more weeks eh

fixxhalo

Post by fixxhalo » Sat 25 May, 2013 12:16 am

ill be the first to admit i was glad seeing humphrey actually not stuffing up and actually doing something and while his error rate was down and his tackling a lot better i still must admit for a marquee player on 500K a year its still not looking good. you guys are right. he needs to do this and a whole lot more for the rest of the season. if and only if he stays consistant he deserves to stay in the side but unless he's playing the same type of game as Woods, tamou, scott, thiaday or gallen then he should have a massive pay decrease or get the boot. Buchanan does a great job in the same posistion for a LOT less.

but a much better performance. at least you didnt help the other side to win.
Wests Tigers to Sign Cleary Jr in 2019 :sign: :sign:

Marshall_magic

Post by Marshall_magic » Sat 25 May, 2013 12:42 am

The more I think about it, the more I like the move to prop for him. It gives him a greater responsibility to do the tough stuff, plus I don't think any of our young props are good enough to be starters alongside Woodsy.

wests4life987

Post by wests4life987 » Sat 25 May, 2013 12:49 am

Blair massive improvement still got along way to go though. also he made a break but threw it away but still decent effort. keep him at 10 and put more bulk on him and we will have a solid front row

Winnipeg

Post by Winnipeg » Sat 25 May, 2013 1:22 am

How many mins did he play? I think we we better with him on the field

Frank the tank

Post by Frank the tank » Sat 25 May, 2013 4:43 am

One half way decent game in one and a half seasons is still pathetic. I thought the team looked better when he was off the field.

He has to be on very thin ice still. There's just no way he is earning his pay check.
I'm not a complete idiot.............there are some pieces missing!

Sully

Post by Sully » Sat 25 May, 2013 6:50 am

Good performance in terrible conditions. 33 tackles this week is a large improvement on games played this year. Leave him at prop and get him to bulk up

Eye Of Da Tiger

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Sat 25 May, 2013 7:23 am

Better but still allot more to do to justify his price tag and let's face it if he was a 250k signing there is no way we would all be as harsh. You expect last nights performance from a 250k forward

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Sat 25 May, 2013 7:32 am

innsaneink wrote:Next step is to get him to want to do this week after week...and even more....after having to do it tonite

Attitude.
Lets see it for a few more weeks eh
I agree, time for him to prove all his doubters wrong , on a weekly basis. :pray:
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sat 25 May, 2013 9:26 am

Great game from Blair. He should be playing at prop and he fits right in there. He has good footwork at the line and he should be able to make a bust or two given time out there.

He isn't an 80 minute player but he was used well.

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Sat 25 May, 2013 9:53 am

Played well @ Prop & no one was happier then him, hope he bulks up & stays @ prop, Thought we looked better when he was on the field & playing in close, well done Adam.

coopy

Post by coopy » Sat 25 May, 2013 10:06 am

Agree with all posters about Blair's improved performance-nice to see.
One thing though, did anyone else notice some of the grubby "Melbournesque" tactics and holds he uses in tackles? The "wrist bend" or the sought of "chicken wing" where he uses his body to push the arm of the opposing player towards his back? One day it is going to cost us a game..

I just wish he would concentrate on doing the simple stuff well

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 25 May, 2013 10:14 am

Well it appears he is on a 5 game roster

His first 5 games were pretty good and his next 5 were crap

Maybe Potter can drop him from Round 16-20

ragedmachine

Post by ragedmachine » Sat 25 May, 2013 10:35 am

Position filler.

Everytime he did something good (tackle break) he either dropped the ball or pushed the pass and turned it over.

Put any front rower there and they would have done the same job, if not better.

Problem is, for 500K, we are applauding his efforts of a basic frontrower's role...that's the standards we are getting excited about at this club

Tigerpete

Post by Tigerpete » Sat 25 May, 2013 11:00 am

Credit where it's due really. Blair stepped up last night and delivered. The 10 hit ups could be higher, yes. But it's a step in the right direction and the near 40 tackles in those conditions are a credit to him. Best thing I thought was he actually had a positive effect on the game. Made a couple of good runs. Almost provided a scoring chance on that high risk off load which I thought was on but the circumstance changed quickly. That's 2 correct decisions by Potter in 2 weeks. First Marshall, now Blair. Both have gotten positive outcomes.

Tigerpete

Post by Tigerpete » Sat 25 May, 2013 11:02 am

ragedmachine wrote:Position filler.

Everytime he did something good (tackle break) he either dropped the ball or pushed the pass and turned it over.

Put any front rower there and they would have done the same job, if not better.

Problem is, for 500K, we are applauding his efforts of a basic frontrower's role...that's the standards we are getting excited about at this club
Honestly. I think the majority here are simply applauding an improvement in his performance. The fact that he took a step in the right direction. Finding form when struggling is never easy, especially in a team down on form and confidence. He did that last night. Credit where it's due.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 25 May, 2013 11:12 am

It was just good to see him involved & his name called in the opening set, rather than midway thru the first half

This is the learning curve for a rookie coach....one of many moves we have seen and will for the next year or two