Blair ....

ImageImageImage
WTDiehard

Re: Blair ....

Post by WTDiehard » Sat 25 May, 2013 11:25 am

Lets give him some credit.

Still alot more to do but we need to get our monies worth out of him. I agree with the general concensus....leave him at prop and get him playing consistently. Prob needs to put on a little weight but I thought he did well tonite compared to many of his performances.

But much much more is required but at least now we have somewhere to work from.

Well done Adam.

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Sat 25 May, 2013 11:30 am

the bar was so low that the only prop not to touch the ball in his own half should be getting credit. :brick: :wtf

before last week i thought he would at least do 3 from our half.in my eyes the bar fell even further.
not acceptable to me i'm afraid.

shapmar

Post by shapmar » Sat 25 May, 2013 11:33 am

ragedmachine wrote:Position filler.

Everytime he did something good (tackle break) he either dropped the ball or pushed the pass and turned it over.

Put any front rower there and they would have done the same job, if not better.

Problem is, for 500K, we are applauding his efforts of a basic frontrower's role...that's the standards we are getting excited about at this club
EXACTLY RIGHT... applauding that performance is ridiculous, we're not here to hand out "most improved" or "encouragement' trophies... hes supposed to be a top class forward and hes being praised for not being quite as pathetic as hes been in EVERY other game he played for us... c'mon guys. he needs to go. ONE line break and he gets so excited he throws it away... thats schoolboy stuff.

Liddy

Post by Liddy » Sat 25 May, 2013 11:35 am

I think he played an improved game last night.
It was Sheens that had him trim down and tried to turn him into a running backrower.
The problem with that was, that he bludged on the edge and would not get involved.

He is now best served for the team playing at Prop.....
He will have to beef up again, but I'm now more positive that he can make a good fist of the Prop position and get himself more involved.

citizen cub

Post by citizen cub » Sat 25 May, 2013 11:39 am

Was okay, good for what we've come to expect from him. That miracle off-load he tried to pop after a good run really pissed me off.

Still think he'll be lucky if he's here next year and TBH I don't really want him.
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sat 25 May, 2013 12:04 pm

Frank the tank wrote:One half way decent game in one and a half seasons is still pathetic. I thought the team looked better when he was off the field.

He has to be on very thin ice still. There's just no way he is earning his pay check.

Boy you would boo Santa.

Give credit where it is due. He was off the field for a lot of the game but he really put in both in attack and defence.

Let's see how he goes over the next couple of games as he gets used to his new position.

The_Doc

Post by The_Doc » Sat 25 May, 2013 1:15 pm

Much better but still not what I'd expect from a forward chewing up a fair amount of our cap,the pressure valve is hardly released IMO

Snake

Post by Snake » Sat 25 May, 2013 1:16 pm

He needs a position to work on ..one week lock..next week back row..this week prop!! The team is short on props play him there for 6 games and let him settle and things might change..

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 25 May, 2013 1:19 pm

Prop is his go from this point on. Its the only way you can Guarantee he'll get involved. Sure he made a couple mistakes last night, but you can't make mistakes if you're not putting your hand up and having a go.

Frank the tank

Post by Frank the tank » Sat 25 May, 2013 1:43 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Frank the tank wrote:One half way decent game in one and a half seasons is still pathetic. I thought the team looked better when he was off the field.

He has to be on very thin ice still. There's just no way he is earning his pay check.

Boy you would boo Santa.

Give credit where it is due. He was off the field for a lot of the game but he really put in both in attack and defence.

Let's see how he goes over the next couple of games as he gets used to his new position.
Mate I love Santa, he's always been good to me. I'm a huge fan of the big guy.

I agree credit where it's due........Blair deserves very little credit for one adequate game. Seriously when Galloway comes back he should be dropped and not just to the bench.
I'm not a complete idiot.............there are some pieces missing!

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sat 25 May, 2013 3:10 pm

1/4 chicken,chips wrote:Gee your a hard marker , he stood up against two origin front rowers .
Another positive from last night Blair showed that prop is his position. He will improve as he continues to play in this position and this is good news as there will be good prop rotation between him, Woods, Buchanan, Sue and Ava.

Luke

Post by Luke » Sat 25 May, 2013 3:42 pm

Still not the best by Blair but a big improvement. Especially in defence. I think we should keep him at prop for the next couple of games to see how he fairs.

bythebeardofzeus

Post by bythebeardofzeus » Sat 25 May, 2013 3:49 pm

10 hitups, 85 metres, 37 tackles.
Much better effort but still room for improvement,

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sat 25 May, 2013 4:19 pm

bythebeardofzeus wrote:10 hitups, 85 metres, 37 tackles.
Much better effort but still room for improvement,
1 missed tackle. That is a solid effort. We overpaid him but if used right I think he can contribute.

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sat 25 May, 2013 8:48 pm

He was much better last night.
He was more involved and plays better tighter. I think he just gets lost when he plays as a fringe back-rower so prop and lock is where he just feels more comfortable.

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sat 25 May, 2013 9:15 pm

Allan Towle wrote: I think he just gets lost when he plays as a fringe back-rower so prop and lock is where he just feels more comfortable.
i dont, he was lazy and no that his career/position is on the line he put in for once. I've seen him ensure he is several people out from the play the ball so he doesnt get given the ball. He is just an average lazy 1st grader who looked great in a winning team, as most people do. Try name a bad storm, manly or souths player? it's a lot harder than here.

Play him at prop for sure, but he's never gonna live up to 500k. His performance on friday was worth 250-300k, no more. and i dont think he can do much better.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Sat 25 May, 2013 9:30 pm

played better last night.

I would like to know how many tackles he completed as we seemed to be around the bigger plays in Defense.

More to come I hope

cunno

Post by cunno » Sat 25 May, 2013 10:17 pm

Good to see the improvement. Leave him at prop and buy him a house in Kiama