Blair ....

ImageImageImage
Peaches

Re: Blair ....

Post by Peaches » Sun 26 May, 2013 9:16 pm

pHyR3 wrote:
Allan Towle wrote: I think he just gets lost when he plays as a fringe back-rower so prop and lock is where he just feels more comfortable.
i dont, he was lazy and no that his career/position is on the line he put in for once. I've seen him ensure he is several people out from the play the ball so he doesnt get given the ball. He is just an average lazy 1st grader who looked great in a winning team, as most people do. Try name a bad storm, manly or souths player? it's a lot harder than here.

Play him at prop for sure, but he's never gonna live up to 500k. His performance on friday was worth 250-300k, no more. and i dont think he can do much better.
If the side is happy with him, then so should we. Structure and block plays are what rugby league is now. He was a fringe back-rower and I think the struggles our centers have is also the reason why Blair has struggled. A lack of continuity in the halves and the side not really going forward has caused issues.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sun 26 May, 2013 9:54 pm

Allan Towle wrote:
pHyR3 wrote:
Allan Towle wrote: I think he just gets lost when he plays as a fringe back-rower so prop and lock is where he just feels more comfortable.
i dont, he was lazy and no that his career/position is on the line he put in for once. I've seen him ensure he is several people out from the play the ball so he doesnt get given the ball. He is just an average lazy 1st grader who looked great in a winning team, as most people do. Try name a bad storm, manly or souths player? it's a lot harder than here.

Play him at prop for sure, but he's never gonna live up to 500k. His performance on friday was worth 250-300k, no more. and i dont think he can do much better.
If the side is happy with him, then so should we. Structure and block plays are what rugby league is now. He was a fringe back-rower and I think the struggles our centers have is also the reason why Blair has struggled. A lack of continuity in the halves and the side not really going forward has caused issues.
Playing fringe second row gives a player a big chance to be lazy without easily being noticed. Playing prop doesn't give a player that chance. Blair's position is prop, make no mistake about it.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Mon 27 May, 2013 6:08 pm

Allan Towle wrote:He was much better last night.
He was more involved and plays better tighter. I think he just gets lost when he plays as a fringe back-rower so prop and lock is where he just feels more comfortable.
I agree with this. I don't think he is lazy although he doesn't have a naturally high work rate. I just don't see him as a wide running backrower. He needs to be in tight and hopefully use his footwork to make a bust.

If he does that and defends well then he can be an asset for us. He will never be worth what we paid. I think we paid for SBW but got a decent prop.