Teddy ,shades of Hodgo

ImageImageImage
Tiger Watto

Re: Teddy ,shades of Hodgo

Post by Tiger Watto » Sat 25 May, 2013 9:06 am

This kid is gona be a Star... Loved his toughness under pressure tonight. Really had a dig! [Hope he gives it to Simona in the sandpit this week]

I can see some comparisons to Hodgo, but I dont think they are the same style player... Without disrespecting Hodgo, I feel James Tedesco is gona go straight past him within 3 years and have a long Rep Career. [surely he is from Qld?]

In fact, our back 3 are gona become a very strong combination as they mature. Then in 3-4 years the likes of Moses, Santi will be ready to step up and become household names...

Maybe 2015 could be our year?!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

ragedmachine

Post by ragedmachine » Sat 25 May, 2013 9:06 am

There is still something about Tedesco I'm not sure about. I can't put my finger on it, but I kept saying to my partner that I don't rate him as yet and can't praise him as much as others do (IMO)

However I think he needs to bulk up abit more and work on his running style as he doesn't seem as quick as he could be.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sat 25 May, 2013 9:29 am

cktiger wrote:Can't get into the love fest yet.
I like the way he is always looking to back up (even though he is a little butterfingered at times)
My problem is his positional play in defence .
Say what you want but he is often out of position and scrambling to defend and still misses the odd sitter of a bomb that Moltzen would have been crucified for.
He is going ok and just that - really doesn't deserve all the praise being thrown at him -just yet.
I was hoping that Moltzen would slot in at half and Tedesco secure the back but Moltzen is gone and Tedesco is still running around behind the line looking like Groucho Marx with a cigar in hand.
He's been in first grade since the start of the year and shown not much else apart from the willingness to back up .
I am not questioning his heart - but he's not doing anything to write home about.
Oh ck. You make me laugh.

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Sat 25 May, 2013 9:46 am

Tedesco is developing into a very good Footballer, but he is not in Hodgos class yet, but i think he could be anything.

Tigerpete

Post by Tigerpete » Sat 25 May, 2013 11:07 am

He was great last night. We've all seen the flashy try scoring side of him (mainly in the nyc-state cup) but i'd yet to see a real gritty, safe as a house game from Teddy but the conditions last night meant exactly that was required. He did great! He'll take a lot out of that, importantly a lot of pride and confidence because his job last night in those conditions was critical.

barra

Post by barra » Sat 25 May, 2013 11:20 am

Guts and application well beyond his size and age.

He'll only get better and the team will benefit big time from this kid.

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sat 25 May, 2013 11:29 am

i have praised him already ( earlier post)

But .... has anyone else noticed how he losses his footing a lot ?
The conditions were Treacherous last night but even in dryer conditions i have seen him hit the deck more than any other player..

barra

Post by barra » Sat 25 May, 2013 11:41 am

That's true, when he tries to change direction he tends to use the outside edge of his foot and it doesn't get any purchase, just skids out from under him. He really needs to try to maintain maximum ground contact with the sole of his feet so the boot studs can do the job they are designed for (move with better use of his ankles to keep his feet flatter on the ground). He's not a big bloke and he should be getting better traction.

It's going to be an issue on most of the grounds. Problem is I'm not sure if it can be rectified that easily as it is an inherent part of his running style - which you'd have to admit is a little different.

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sat 25 May, 2013 2:26 pm

do all footy players wear proper metal studs because if teddy doesn't he NEEDS to invest in some, it should help the slipping and sliding. Although I have no idea if his running style + lot of traction could lead to a broken ankle?
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Sat 25 May, 2013 2:54 pm

I really dont think the modern Footballer uses long studs, they all seem to be molded studs.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sat 25 May, 2013 4:09 pm

I think he is close to having a break out game or two. I don't see him as a high level rep player to be fair though. I don't think he is in the Slater, Inglis, Hayne or Dugan class.

I really like him though. He comes across to me as a gutsy player that gives his all and will be extremely solid. I think he should be our fullback for a long time assuming no other gun comes through our juniors. I don't see it happening though because I think he is a special player. He won't be as elusive as Hodgo or as skillful but he will be bigger and tougher and hopefully just as good. I rate Hodgo as a great player.

jimmyz

Post by jimmyz » Sat 25 May, 2013 4:14 pm

he will be nothing more than an average first grader, to many people on here think the sun shines out of his arse when he really hasn't shown anything in attack makes to many errors and is always fallen over his own feet.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 25 May, 2013 4:20 pm

pHyR3 wrote:do all footy players wear proper metal studs because if teddy doesn't he NEEDS to invest in some, it should help the slipping and sliding. Although I have no idea if his running style + lot of traction could lead to a broken ankle?
I was thinking about his boots

You havent seen a pair of footy boots for a while I gather?
Not many aluminium studded boots around these day....maybe front row in union

I wonder if he's wearing older moulded soles with less cleat/blade on them as a precaution aginst his foot jamming into the turf and not giving way when tackled as a result of still worrying about the knee??

Probably way off here...as often slipping wouldnt be good for it either

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 25 May, 2013 4:23 pm

jimmyz wrote:he will be nothing more than an average first grader, to many people on here think the sun shines out of his arse when he really hasn't shown anything in attack makes to many errors and is always fallen over his own feet.
You sound jealous

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Sat 25 May, 2013 4:29 pm

Gee he was brave last night.

Put his body on the line repeatedly and saved us a try.

Very Hodgo-esque performance imo.

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sat 25 May, 2013 5:10 pm

innsaneink wrote:
pHyR3 wrote:do all footy players wear proper metal studs because if teddy doesn't he NEEDS to invest in some, it should help the slipping and sliding. Although I have no idea if his running style + lot of traction could lead to a broken ankle?
I was thinking about his boots

You havent seen a pair of footy boots for a while I gather?
Not many aluminium studded boots around these day....maybe front row in union

I wonder if he's wearing older moulded soles with less cleat/blade on them as a precaution aginst his foot jamming into the turf and not giving way when tackled as a result of still worrying about the knee??

Probably way off here...as often slipping wouldnt be good for it either
yeah, well i did play quite a bit of union as a kid. So I assumed they used the same in league. Played very little league, mostly just touch with league rules. I think i used a moulded one with little blade on it in union, like you described, as i was a back. But my mates in the pack would have studs.

Anyway to prevent him slipping through a change of boots then? suspect not, which sucks cause i like his running style and hate seeing him not even get a chance 3 times a game when he slips.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sat 25 May, 2013 5:14 pm

It was comparable with a Hodgson performance. He most certainly left everything on the field. Coming along very nicely.

Loving the write offs. He's had what... 8 games in his fledgling career? Once he gains more confidence in that knee I'll expect we'll see him offer plenty more in support.
It's not cruelty to animals if you inject enough amphetamines.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Defiant » Sat 25 May, 2013 5:42 pm

He's shown much more than Moltzen in just a handful of games.