Marshall - Not Surprised

ImageImageImage
shane2801

Marshall - Not Surprised

Post by shane2801 » Sat 25 May, 2013 12:11 am

Another average game from an average man. I don't care he made a break with a couple of mins to go. Look how involved JT was. He was in everything. Marshall as usual went missing.
BLACK & WHITE...DYNAMITE!!!!!

madunit

Post by madunit » Sat 25 May, 2013 12:15 am

I actually saw Benji's game tonight turn a corner for the better.

Sure he wasn't involved as much, but I think that was part of the problem, Benji's over-involvement in the game.

Tonight he let Sironen play his natural game for a change, and young Sironen put in one of his best performances.

Benji chimed in occasionally, just like he used to do when he was at the top of his game.

He wasn't flashy tonight, but he looked like he just figured out how the team needs him to play to make the team play better.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 25 May, 2013 12:18 am

See what you are saying MU , but he still needs to play direct whether he is taking a backward step in his control over the side

Too much going sideways as usual . Tauber is going to struggle to sell that to an NRL club

shane2801

Post by shane2801 » Sat 25 May, 2013 12:21 am

If that's the best we are going to get (which I think it is) he's only worth $200k max per season. He 's a joke and I really hope negotiations stall and he sooks up and leaves. Look at Sironen, JT, Matty Bowen, Farah tonight. There is too huge a gap between these players and Marshall. The biggest myth to ever play football.Ever.

madunit

Post by madunit » Sat 25 May, 2013 12:22 am

I know HT, but with a guy whose been coached one way all his life, it was an important step for Benji to take in his career.

It's the first step in the right direction for Benji and the team.

It was good to see Benji's step tonight too. With any luck he maintains his backseat role, grows in confidence and starts taking the line on again.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sat 25 May, 2013 12:22 am

shane2801 wrote:Another average game from an average man. I don't care he made a break with a couple of mins to go. Look how involved JT was. He was in everything. Marshall as usual went missing.
JT is JT and Marshall is Marshall. Both great players, one much more consistent than the other but at their best both are game breakers. They each showed character and flair tonight.
Last edited by Newtown on Sat 25 May, 2013 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Sat 25 May, 2013 12:23 am

I am glad you saw some good things Mad. I didn't.

madunit

Post by madunit » Sat 25 May, 2013 12:23 am

shane2801 wrote:If that's the best we are going to get (which I think it is) he's only worth $200k max per season. He 's a joke and I really hope negotiations stall and he sooks up and leaves. Look at Sironen, JT, Matty Bowen, Farah tonight. There is too huge a gap between these players and Marshall. The biggest myth to ever play football.Ever.
lol, you never saw Ben Ikin play then.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sat 25 May, 2013 12:23 am

He was beyond ordinary, though his defense did improve.

That dropout was ridiculous. It's these types of errors that he just can't rid from his game. He makes at least one every week and it is not good enough.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 25 May, 2013 12:25 am

He tackles like he doesnt want to get his face dirty....doesnt put his shoulder into it

Pretty quiet game as well as the usual clanger

madunit

Post by madunit » Sat 25 May, 2013 12:28 am

PYMBLEPETE wrote:I am glad you saw some good things Mad. I didn't.
Don't misconstrue what I said.

I didn't say Benji had a good game, I said his game turned a corner.

It's good, moving forward.

Let me put it this way, Did you like the way Sironen played tonight?

Well Benji deserves some thanks for that, because in the past Benji would starve Sironen (or any of the other 17 guys we've had at halfback in the past 30 odd games) of the ball. Tonight Sironen saw plenty of ball and Benji only got the ball when he called for it.

Sure Benji didn't do much with it, but it's the first time I've seen Benji let a halfback have the greater share of possession since Prince left.

And look what happened.

It's a sign that Benji has finally realised that he and the team plays at it's best when he is given the ball, not when he takes it.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sat 25 May, 2013 12:32 am

No Moltzen whipping boy so now it's Benji's turn. His brilliance in the last four minutes of the match won the game. Be fair and give credit where credit is due.

stryker

Post by stryker » Sat 25 May, 2013 12:42 am

shane2801 wrote:If that's the best we are going to get (which I think it is) he's only worth $200k max per season. He 's a joke and I really hope negotiations stall and he sooks up and leaves. Look at Sironen, JT, Matty Bowen, Farah tonight. There is too huge a gap between these players and Marshall. The biggest myth to ever play football.Ever.
I am suggesting that you havent had a root in 5 years minimum. Fair dinkum, you are a winging drop kick. We won tonight you loser. I hope your real side wins on the weekend so that you calm down a bit.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sat 25 May, 2013 9:30 am

Benji was great. Some of guys need to re-watch the game. He did everything well. Farah was the one who made the mistakes and took the wrong options a couple of times. To be fair to Farah he has been carrying us all year and he was still great last night.

Benji though showed us exactly what he needs to do. He ran the ball, didn't overplay his hand and set up his outside men well.

That clearing kick at the start was crud but apart from that it was a great effort.

shane2801

Post by shane2801 » Sat 25 May, 2013 9:32 am

stryker wrote:
I am suggesting that you havent had a root in 5 years minimum. Fair dinkum, you are a winging drop kick. We won tonight you loser. I hope your real side wins on the weekend so that you calm down a bit.

P Off Stryker. I get plenty. He's useless and not worth anything near the $$$ he is on. Have a good look fool. JT, Cronk, Slater all players that deserve their high $$. Always thereabouts MOM performances. When was the last time Marshall won a MOM?

I have supported Wests since 77 so you can stick the other comment where the sun doesn't shine. Take your rose coloured glasses off and see Marshall for what he really is.

And I understand we won. I am not bagging anybody else, only our alleged marquee player, which he deserves. Read the forum. Once upon a time I was an island when I came to my comments re Benji Marshall. Not anymore.

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Sat 25 May, 2013 9:37 am

Some of you blokes dont watch the game, but Marshall had a good game, he let young Sirro have the ball when he wanted it & the kid played well. In the last 5min it was Marshall who probably won us the game.

coopy

Post by coopy » Sat 25 May, 2013 9:48 am

I agree with MU - he looked better last night.

I thought his defence improved and although that drop out was a clanger, he had a couple of nice touches. Remember if "Fast Eddy" holds on to that ball in the first half he scores and he did step up in the last few minutes.

Not his best game but a million miles from the Sharks game. I thought he showed more composure from last week as well.

Form is not something you normally get overnight, it's something you develop and Benji is definitely heading in the right direction

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Sat 25 May, 2013 9:52 am

I think he had an OK game. It wasn't really the conditions for him to shine but I am disappointed that, given the conditions, it was the perfect opportunity for him to take the line on and put the opposition in two minds. He doesn't do that nearly enough, and that makes his game more predictable.
"Quality Stupidity"