Marshall - Not Surprised

ImageImageImage
shane2801

Re: Marshall - Not Surprised

Post by shane2801 » Sat 25 May, 2013 10:06 am

It seems every week there is excuses for him. Last night the conditions didn't suit? Please. How many more games do people want to give him? What will it be next week? If any of you are waiting for him to find form will be disappointed. This is it. This is his form. If we are stupid enough to meet this fools demand for higher $$$$ then we deserve everything we get.
How dare Marshall demand the same $$$ as Farah. It's so offensive and that's why I can't stand him and would love to see the back of him
BLACK & WHITE...DYNAMITE!!!!!

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sat 25 May, 2013 10:12 am

Dont see the issue, he is on around 600k and thurston on a million. And they both played in a manner that reflected their paycheque. Maybe Benji was a bit more like 500k because of that drop out but he was good. He did get us 10 out with his break through TAKING THE LINE ON and he looked pretty quick too, surprisingly. And let sirro play his natural game which has been an issue with him, leaving out the 7 and doing everything himself.

No upgrade for him, but i'm happy to see him retain his 6 jersey for the season and next if he can keep up form like that.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

shane2801

Post by shane2801 » Sat 25 May, 2013 10:18 am

We will see PHYR3. If he proves me wrong I will be the first to apologise but I think I'm pretty safe.

barra

Post by barra » Sat 25 May, 2013 12:04 pm

He is trying to come back from career-poor form. Poor form which was gradually deteriorating over time and it is going to take time for him to find better form. He is not going to turn it all around in one game or with one great game.

He was coached a certain way and allowed to play a certain way for a long time. Now the team structure is changing and he needs to change his style of play yet again.

To his and the club's credit they have put negotiations on hold which is a good thing. I for one hope he finds form and a suitable playing style for the team and stays with us.

But as I have always said, he shouldn't be allowed to kick the ball as he is way too inconsistent. Unfortunately Sirro isn't great either but Anasta can kick. So can Brooks - in fact I think that's the strongest part of his game right now - but that's another story altogether!

clokan
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by clokan » Sat 25 May, 2013 1:27 pm

Happy with the way Benji performed last night, as Madunit said he look's to have changed the way he approached the game, was more prepared to sit back. I think he'll need a few weeks to settle in and hopefully we should see him inject himself into the game once he has some confidence, baby steps.

In the end 4 tries a piece, the difference was the kickers.;-)

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sat 25 May, 2013 2:23 pm

shane2801 wrote:We will see PHYR3. If he proves me wrong I will be the first to apologise but I think I'm pretty safe.
well, i have no idea if he CAN continue that form and better. And i'm making no assertions on whether he will. I'm only talking about his form last night which was largely solid if not good.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Sat 25 May, 2013 4:33 pm

I thought he played pretty well last night.

Made the big play when we needed it.

7/10

AndTheKungFoSing
Admin with a flute?
Admin with a flute?

Post by AndTheKungFoSing » Sat 25 May, 2013 5:53 pm

Shouldn't expect someone out of form to come back and be brilliant in the matter of a week.
Seeing him kick was good to see and seeing him lead the pack around the field after the game was good. This was the much needed confidence builder he and the squad needed. Like most sports, confidence is a big thing.

Plus, the other million dollar player on the field from the other squad didn't a great deal more...
I hate South Sydney.... immensely

Eye Of Da Tiger

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Sat 25 May, 2013 9:13 pm

Benjis game has never been polished. He has always dared to do what others dream off sometimes he pulled it off we and we call him brilliant and vice a versa. He is an off the cuff player and sticking to a set structure does not suite his style.His form slump is attributed to over thinking( all to do with trying to get an upgrade). If he gets back to basics witch seemed to be the case last night it is a step in the right direction.

Over thinking is leading to underperforming.He will never be a Thurston or Cronk but on his day he will outplay the both of them plus many more.He does have to realize he is not worth what these players are worth but his personality and marketability will earn him more in the long run.He has to be smart but more important patient. He should as a player and as a man mature realize his capabilities and accept his flaws.

Don't try to impress for the millions it's not working

shane2801

Post by shane2801 » Sun 26 May, 2013 2:11 am

On his day.... It's always on his day... When is this day actually going to come??? I'll tell you... never because this is as good as it gets. He has nothing and will always have nothing. Go overseas Benji... Please...

madunit

Post by madunit » Sun 26 May, 2013 8:46 pm

shane2801 wrote:It seems every week there is excuses for him. Last night the conditions didn't suit? Please. How many more games do people want to give him? What will it be next week? If any of you are waiting for him to find form will be disappointed. This is it. This is his form. If we are stupid enough to meet this fools demand for higher $$$$ then we deserve everything we get.
How dare Marshall demand the same $$$ as Farah. It's so offensive and that's why I can't stand him and would love to see the back of him
well done at ignoring what everyone has said.

moron.

Oxygen

Post by Oxygen » Sun 26 May, 2013 9:48 pm

Interesting comments listened to Farah on triple m and he basically said Benji could have handled himself better on the footy show and was not worried about the on going negotiations as he said his with the tigers for another 2 1/2 years regardless of what happens a lot can happen in that time.It looks like the tigers will have a wait and see approach which is good.Doubt his going to get money his asking for.

bigsiro

Post by bigsiro » Mon 27 May, 2013 12:28 pm

shane2801 wrote:Another average game from an average man. I don't care he made a break with a couple of mins to go. Look how involved JT was. He was in everything. Marshall as usual went missing.
YOU KNOW WHAT'S NOT SURPRISING?
Every week blokes coming on here and bashing Marshall, even when he plays well.

I am so over it!

He has had a poor run of form, but he played MUCH better on Friday night. Pick on someone else for a change!

Seriously, look at this post: "Average game from an average man". You're not even judging him as a footballer anymore, now you have upgraded to judging him as a person! And why? Because he isn't emulating JT - the greatest play-maker in the world. Who do you think you are?

It's not Benji's play that stinks, it's "fans" like this. "Supporters" like this. And it doesn't just stink, it reeks.

We don't have a halfback so Benji has become the first choice kicker, play-maker, organiser etc. In the Prince days Benji was barely 2nd choice (with Hodgson and Farah). He has now become the be-all-and-end-all of every set. Why? This is not his game!
It is so-called "supporters" that have placed unrealistic expectations on Benji and bash him every week when he doesn't achieve them. Wanting him to kick every time with pinpoint accuracy, create a magical 6th-tackle play, set-up 5 tries every week, make 5 line-breaks and tackle till his reconstructed should pops.

You want superhuman from a guy that you think is average. Talk about irony.

AND FYI, JT HAS GONE MISSING HEAPS OF TIMES THIS YEAR AND OVER HIS CAREER. HE IS STILL REGARDED AS THE BEST 7 IN THE WORLD.

I AM OVER IT
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

shane2801

Post by shane2801 » Mon 27 May, 2013 4:13 pm

I just want him to play according to the $$$$ he is on and he hasn't for 2 years. Enough is enough. He will never be worth what he is looking for so let some other NRL team take up the slack. Deep down I just know WT will be stupid enough to though.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Mon 27 May, 2013 6:09 pm

bigsiro wrote:Every week blokes coming on here and bashing Marshall, even when he plays well.
I don't get this. I thought he was great. I think some people just want to hang crap on him. I don't get it.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Mon 27 May, 2013 6:12 pm

shane2801 wrote:I just want him to play according to the $$$$ he is on and he hasn't for 2 years. Enough is enough. He will never be worth what he is looking for so let some other NRL team take up the slack. Deep down I just know WT will be stupid enough to though.
The thing is Benji got the ball at the end of the game and took the right option. Farah got the ball as well and took the wrong option. When the game was on the line Benji stepped up. The thing is because it wasn't a hog play it seems to go unnoticed.

bigsiro

Post by bigsiro » Tue 28 May, 2013 9:24 am

shane2801 wrote:I just want him to play according to the $$$$ he is on and he hasn't for 2 years. Enough is enough. He will never be worth what he is looking for so let some other NRL team take up the slack. Deep down I just know WT will be stupid enough to though.
You are a Troll.
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

shane2801

Post by shane2801 » Tue 28 May, 2013 10:10 pm

bigsiro wrote:
You are a Troll.

Far from it.