JT

ImageImageImage
Tiger_heart

JT

Post by Tiger_heart » Sat 25 May, 2013 5:05 pm

hats off to this guy, apart from being a brilliant footballer, he seems a terrific bloke off the field as well. Has anyone else noticed how he is the only player (I may be wrong) that actually pats the ball boys and the other kids on the ground? :master:
The dogs letting him go would rate as one of the biggest blunders by any club in the NRL! :crazy

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sat 25 May, 2013 5:18 pm

Tiger_heart wrote: The dogs letting him go would rate as one of the biggest blunders by any club in the NRL! :crazy
yep, gives the tigers a run for their money. Although we haven't made too many MASSIVELY stupid mistakes. Just a million little ones and a few medium ones that bite us a few years down the track.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sat 25 May, 2013 5:55 pm

JT wasnt like that couple of years ago, he was arrogant and one of the stuck up blokes in league.
Something must have happened cause the last 2 seasons has been humble, kind and after the games he also gives his head gear away to one of the kids. Dislike him when he plays against us or NSW but love him when he pulls the Aussie colours on.
Maybe its proof age does being maturity.

Nate DAWG

Post by Nate DAWG » Sat 25 May, 2013 5:58 pm

lol@dogs chose Sherwin over Thurston

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sat 25 May, 2013 8:07 pm

I think we handle Thurston as well as any team in the comp, we always seem to lift to counter his style. Fulton especially, I reckon you could get a few minutes of video highlights just of Fulton taking JT out after kicks and passes.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sat 25 May, 2013 8:11 pm

i dont think he is the "immortal" status that people link him to.. he is bloody good though
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Fraze23

Post by Fraze23 » Sat 25 May, 2013 8:18 pm

Love the WestsTigers wrote:JT wasnt like that couple of years ago, he was arrogant and one of the stuck up blokes in league.
Something must have happened cause the last 2 seasons has been humble, kind and after the games he also gives his head gear away to one of the kids. Dislike him when he plays against us or NSW but love him when he pulls the Aussie colours on.
Maybe its proof age does being maturity.
I've noticed the same change in him. Full credit to Thurston, he's developed into an utter gentleman. I love the way he picks up the tee for the kids and ruffles their hair instead of just ignoring them and running back to half way. Small gesture, but imagine what it'd mean to the young bloke on game day. Full credit to JT.

Anthism

Post by Anthism » Sat 25 May, 2013 8:59 pm

Got loads of respect for the guy. Poor effort by some on the hill calling him a rapist.Sledging is sledging but that's a bit far.

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Sun 26 May, 2013 8:35 am

remember when Phil Gould was called upon the by cowboys, to assess their previous season.
apparently he had a chat to Jonathon Thurston, and told him it's how you act in your final years, of footy life that people will remember the most.

also he had a life influencing moment when a relative of his, up north was attacked and did not survive the injuries inflicted..

I remember watching him as he walked of at Leichhardt Oval on a sunday arvo game, the one where Robbie & Watts " embraced in a scrum" ;) wests-tigers won the game. :D There was a boy, dressed in cowboys jersey, about 7-10 old standing near where players run onto the field. He held out a piece of paper hoping for an autograph.
Thurtson went over to him, had a chat, signed his autograph and gave him his head gear..
To me this is what being an influence to kids is all about.
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

Eye Of Da Tiger

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Mon 27 May, 2013 11:13 am

He gets better and better. Never overplays his hand does the simple things well and steps up when he has to. One thing to his advantage he has always worked behind a massive pack of forwards that do actually go forward. They lay the platform then JT does what his got to do very well..............

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 27 May, 2013 11:21 am

Yep Wasn't that long ago that being a good footballer and being a Qlder was the only two things he had going for him

Now he is the full package ,makes you wonder what made him change his attitude and respect for others

Actually might me able to answer that myself , he really seemed to change after his cousin was killed in a fight a few years ago at Inala I think it was

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 27 May, 2013 11:41 am

happy tiger wrote:Yep Wasn't that long ago that being a good footballer and being a Qlder was the only two things he had going for him

Now he is the full package ,makes you wonder what made him change his attitude and respect for others

Actually might me able to answer that myself , he really seemed to change after his cousin was killed in a fight a few years ago at Inala I think it was
He learnt to be a role model after making a big goose of himself... Unlike alot of Footballers, he learnt from his lesson on the first occasion!

Hats off to him I reckon... Will probably be Qld's Player of the Series if they are to win!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Mon 27 May, 2013 5:42 pm

Its great to see we all have so many positives to say about JT.

We dont always have a lot of praise for non WT players but all stand united with views on JT. Top Bloke ;)

Gotta say this but, his laugh makes me laugh.. True footballer, professional in every sense but geez wiz he doesnt know how to laugh .. :lol: