Woods

ImageImageImage
ashman

Woods

Post by ashman » Sun 09 Jun, 2013 5:14 pm

I have only seen NRL stats and currently watching delayed on TV now, but how good is Our Woodsy ? He deserves his own thread here

The stats show 189 Metres and 51 tackles!! Amazing.

I know those stats may change, but either way, he's ran for 150+ metres and 40 + tackles - That is incredible stats for Aaron.

Congrats Woodsy.. You led our pack today

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sun 09 Jun, 2013 5:19 pm

Yep, he's awesome to say the least

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Sun 09 Jun, 2013 5:45 pm

SOO performance by woods

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Frank the tank

Post by Frank the tank » Sun 09 Jun, 2013 6:09 pm

Class act. Great effort. Probably the best prop in the nrl. How he isn't picked for SOO is beyond me.
I'm not a complete idiot.............there are some pieces missing!

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 09 Jun, 2013 6:27 pm

he has matured from just doing the little things right- he's developed an agressive brand of football. if a person beats him once, he goes back to tackle him harder rather than sit on his backside.

in saying that, again, i thought still a couple of times he overran the dummyhalf pass and could've easily been forward and still is giving away at least a couple of silly penalties. it's good that the coaching staff has seen that and hopefully he can rectify it.

great game- a future (C) for sure.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

phil1986

Post by phil1986 » Sun 09 Jun, 2013 6:28 pm

ashman wrote:I have only seen NRL stats and currently watching delayed on TV now, but how good is Our Woodsy ? He deserves his own thread here

I know those stats may change, but either way, he's ran for 150+ metres and 40 + tackles - That is incredible stats for Aaron.

Mate I'm a Huge woods fan,
But not enough aggression, and too many penalties,
I want him in my origin team, however, it was between him and fifita, and fifita is more aggressive, and unfortunately for woods has been in a winning team.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 09 Jun, 2013 6:57 pm

He is real quality isn't he. I think he may be the best prop in the game.

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sun 09 Jun, 2013 9:01 pm

Puts his head down and burrows forward. Thats doing his job and doing it dam well.

He has really stepped up for us in a time of real need. Goes to show his leadership qualities.
Maybe Blair should learn a thing or 2 from Woodsy.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sun 09 Jun, 2013 9:37 pm

It's just plain wrong that Woods hasn't been given a chance at Origin yet. I reckon he would become the cornerstone of the NSW pack, just like Petero was for QLD.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Sun 09 Jun, 2013 9:41 pm

Avery very very good player, he will get his chance. A great player for such a young bloke.

Post by Guest » Sun 09 Jun, 2013 9:42 pm

phil1986 wrote:
ashman wrote:I have only seen NRL stats and currently watching delayed on TV now, but how good is Our Woodsy ? He deserves his own thread here

I want him in my origin team, however, it was between him and fifita, and fifita is more aggressive, and unfortunately for woods has been in a winning team.

Spot on. I wouldn't swap him for anyone but He needs to be more aggressive to get selected for origin

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sun 09 Jun, 2013 9:47 pm

Guest wrote:
phil1986 wrote:

Spot on. I wouldn't swap him for anyone but He needs to be more aggressive to get selected for origin

Petero wasn't really regarded as an aggressive prop either, but he was always first chosen for QLD.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

tigerbalm

Post by tigerbalm » Sun 09 Jun, 2013 9:50 pm

phil1986 wrote:

Same conversation I had earlier.

Has footwork
Has offload
Has no aggression...

Great club man week in week out, can't see a long term future in origin unless he shows some mongrel.

phil1986

Post by phil1986 » Sun 09 Jun, 2013 9:55 pm

tigerbalm wrote:
phil1986 wrote:
"ashman" wrote:I have only seen NRL stats and currently watching delayed on TV now, but how good is Our Woodsy ? He deserves his own thread here

Has footwork
Has offload
Has no aggression...

Great club man week in week out, can't see a long term future in origin unless he shows some mongrel.

Agree completely,

Love the bloke,

But needs some mongrel, to be a success at the next lvl,

I personally think he will go well, but he needs to show he is ready, with dominating other players physically,

Making a tackle although try saving isn't enough.

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sun 09 Jun, 2013 10:23 pm

tigerbalm wrote:
phil1986 wrote:

Has footwork
Has offload
Has no aggression...

Wrong.. you dont need to be aggressive to make it to SOO... Is Farah aggressive? No, just hard working with the right work ethics.

For so long Ennis was regarded a better fit for SOO over Farah for his mongrel traits, look who is playing No 9 for NSW..

Wake up people, Aggression is not a requirement to be successful in Rugby League. Its an illusion..

tigerbalm

Post by tigerbalm » Sun 09 Jun, 2013 10:26 pm

Love the WestsTigers wrote:
tigerbalm wrote:
phil1986 wrote:
"ashman" wrote:I have only seen NRL stats and currently watching delayed on TV now, but how good is Our Woodsy ? He deserves his own thread here

Has footwork
Has offload
Has no aggression...

Wrong.. you dont need to be aggressive to make it to SOO... Is Farah aggressive? No, just hard working with the right work ethics.

For so long Ennis was regarded a better fit for SOO over Farah for his mongrel traits, look who is playing No 9 for NSW..

Wake up people, Aggression is not a requirement to be successful in Rugby League. Its an illusion..
Why was Fafita picked over woods?

phil1986

Post by phil1986 » Sun 09 Jun, 2013 10:32 pm

Aggression,
So you see Farrah, first up every time, got as hard as he could for his body weight!

Mate, u might look slightly dif, but fifita and woods are similar players, the dif is fifita has a bit more mongrel,

Without that, woods needs a few more years, to develop it!

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sun 09 Jun, 2013 10:36 pm

Woodsy will crack the origin team ,and will be there for a long time .Woodsy is full of aggression .What games do some people watch ?