Our injuries are WHY we are winning

ImageImageImage
Royce

Our injuries are WHY we are winning

Post by Royce » Sun 09 Jun, 2013 5:45 pm

Great effort today, but can everyone please stop the 'we had 15 out injured" etc stuff. We are winning BECAUSE of those injuries.

If Moltzen wasn't injured, he would still be the 7. Without SIRO there we lose the past two. He has given us so much more directin and attacked the line.

If Lote and Utai weren't injured, they'd be there and we wouldn't have seen exciting attacking players like NOFA.

If Lawrence and Ayshford weren't injured, NO WAY do we see a 60 meter try from inside our half by a center in SIMONA.

Notice the trend???

The only legit injuries we have are Teddy, Keith and Robbie. Three out isn't bad. Most clubs have three or so out.

Liam, yes. But he is a non impact player and Sue has done just as much.

These injuries are a massive blessing in disguise.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 09 Jun, 2013 5:48 pm

Hard to argue with that. The only real losses today were Farah, Fulton, Galloway and Tedesco.

Royce

Post by Royce » Sun 09 Jun, 2013 5:52 pm

I will be REALLY disappointed if Lawry and / or Ayshford automatically come back into the team. They both offer absolutely zero in attack. When was the last time we saw a center run 60 to score???

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 09 Jun, 2013 5:57 pm

Royce wrote:I will be REALLY disappointed if Lawry and / or Ayshford automatically come back into the team. They both offer absolutely zero in attack. When was the last time we saw a center run 60 to score???
Completely agree, they should both be playing NSW Cup for a few weeks at least when they are fit.

Blake93

Post by Blake93 » Sun 09 Jun, 2013 6:01 pm

Simona can't be dropped after playing like thst

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
He who is not everyday conquering some fear has not learnt the secret of life.

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Sun 09 Jun, 2013 6:03 pm

with koro out for a while reddy will probably go to wing and aysh will walk straight back in.

Frank the tank

Post by Frank the tank » Sun 09 Jun, 2013 6:06 pm

Blake93 wrote:Simona can't be dropped after playing like thst

Absolutely, he had a good solid game. Some More experience and he'll improve nicely.
I'm not a complete idiot.............there are some pieces missing!

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sun 09 Jun, 2013 6:11 pm

Hey, nothing wrong with these youngsters. How can you justify a player like Ayshford who has just returned after weeks off injured to just walk back into first grade. It would be disheartening to the young players. If Koro is out next week bring in another young capable centre/winger like Rory Brien to replace him. All of these youngsters are rising to the occasion and good luck to them.

WestsSupporter

Post by WestsSupporter » Sun 09 Jun, 2013 6:16 pm

Newtown wrote:Hey, nothing wrong with these youngsters. How can you justify a player like Ayshford who has just returned after weeks off injured to just walk back into first grade. It would be disheartening to the young players. If Koro is out next week bring in another young capable centre/winger like Rory Brien to replace him. All of these youngsters are rising to the occasion and good luck to them.
We can't continue to bring young players in, as seen with the Penrith-Moylan situation.
Extremely frustrated fan. Try not to let my negativity get to you.

NEDKELLY

Post by NEDKELLY » Sun 09 Jun, 2013 6:16 pm

Royce wrote:Great effort today, but can everyone please stop the 'we had 15 out injured" etc stuff. We are winning BECAUSE of those injuries.

If Moltzen wasn't injured, he would still be the 7. Without SIRO there we lose the past two. He has given us so much more directin and attacked the line.

If Lote and Utai weren't injured, they'd be there and we wouldn't have seen exciting attacking players like NOFA.

If Lawrence and Ayshford weren't injured, NO WAY do we see a 60 meter try from inside our half by a center in SIMONA.

Notice the trend???

The only legit injuries we have are Teddy, Keith and Robbie. Three out isn't bad. Most clubs have three or so out.

Sorry to be a "PARTY POOPER" but don't you think that the massive injury toll is the major reason we are 2 points off the bottom of the table? Let us NOT kid ourselves but who have we really beat with 2 of those wins against the Cowboys and Parramatta both below us on 8 Competition points.

If we had a better run with injuries then we may be still talking Finals Footy but instead we are just trying to avoid the WOODEN SPOON! It is nice to get another win but please don't let the emotion get in the way of the facts.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sun 09 Jun, 2013 6:19 pm

NEDKELLY wrote:
Royce wrote:Great effort today, but can everyone please stop the 'we had 15 out injured" etc stuff. We are winning BECAUSE of those injuries.

Notice the trend???

Sorry to be a "PARTY POOPER" but don't you think that the massive injury toll is the major reason we are 2 points off the bottom of the table? Let us NOT kid ourselves but who have we really beat with 2 of those wins against the Cowboys and Parramatta both below us on 8 Competition points.

If we had a better run with injuries then we may be still talking Finals Footy but instead we are just trying to avoid the WOODEN SPOON! It is nice to get another win but please don't let the emotion get in the way of the facts.
Ned, look at the competition table. Wests Tigers are not that far away from the eight placed teams.

underdog

Post by underdog » Sun 09 Jun, 2013 6:20 pm

Will we see MR T this year? If we can't play Brooks due to Salary Cap concerns, then how could we play Mr T?

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 09 Jun, 2013 6:22 pm

NEDKELLY wrote:don't you think that the massive injury toll is the major reason we are 2 points off the bottom of the table?
Not at all, we had an average squad at the start of the season and results have gone accordingly.

As I said earlier, only Tedesco, Galloway, Farah and Fulton would have made any difference today, or all season.

The likes of Lawrence, Moltzen, Ayshford etc. are no losses, sorry. We are better off without them and the last few weeks has proven it.

Royce

Post by Royce » Sun 09 Jun, 2013 6:22 pm

Ned

Mate, who do you want in???

If Utai, Lawrence and Moltzen were fit...................we'd be dead set last mate. No way we win today.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 09 Jun, 2013 6:23 pm

WestsSupporter wrote:
Newtown wrote:Hey, nothing wrong with these youngsters. How can you justify a player like Ayshford who has just returned after weeks off injured to just walk back into first grade. It would be disheartening to the young players. If Koro is out next week bring in another young capable centre/winger like Rory Brien to replace him. All of these youngsters are rising to the occasion and good luck to them.
We can't continue to bring young players in, as seen with the Penrith-Moylan situation.
moylan wasn't in panther's top 25- afaik brien is in our top 25.

dont think brooks willbe getting a shot this year though
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

phil1986

Post by phil1986 » Sun 09 Jun, 2013 6:24 pm

underdog wrote:Will we see MR T this year? If we can't play Brooks due to Salary Cap concerns, then how could we play Mr T?
Mate, one of the reasons we got rid of miller,
To help our salary cap, and in last half of season can bring brooks through,

Please don't ask me details as I am not sure, but 100% have heard this.

tigertilidie

Post by tigertilidie » Sun 09 Jun, 2013 6:32 pm

thought Simona had a blinder today and got MOM. if he gets dropped then thats a disgrace although don't think he will be because Koro is out. Also Sue doesn't miss a tackle is a great young player.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 09 Jun, 2013 6:53 pm

I think we are a better team in some ways with the injuries. I have a thing against Simona and I really like Lawrence but truthfully Simona is really good on his feet and I doubt Lawrence scores that try. That game changed my opinion of Simona. Farah is better than Iosefa but apart from that I wonder how much we have lost.

In saying that Farah is a hog and Benji getting more involved was I think a pretty key factor in us winning that game.
Last edited by stevetiger on Sun 09 Jun, 2013 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.