Our injuries are WHY we are winning

ImageImageImage
tig_prmz

Re: Our injuries are WHY we are winning

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 09 Jun, 2013 6:56 pm

i was thinking ayshford will be a straight swap for simona up until the 70th minute..

i think reddy on the other wing will help us negate the high ball. nofa and reddy are both tremendously good under the high ball
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Shooshmeister

Post by Shooshmeister » Mon 10 Jun, 2013 9:45 pm

True, the injuries have given us a good chance to look at the potential coming through, and the enthusiasm they bring, the don't want to give the position away, it has to be taken off them by a better performance. Thats the way it should be.

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Mon 10 Jun, 2013 10:05 pm

they are why we are winning NOW but also why we lost 7 straight. Losing 1-2 players a weak screws up chance of building a combination.

I remember a few weeks ago reading a stat that Souths had the LEAST changes in their lineup from the start of the year (1st place) and Storm with the 2nd least (2nd place at the time). And im pretty sure we woulda had the most considering our entire backline had changed except maybe reddy. and we were last.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Post by Guest » Mon 10 Jun, 2013 10:36 pm

Royce wrote:Great effort today, but can everyone please stop the 'we had 15 out injured" etc stuff. We are winning BECAUSE of those injuries.

If Moltzen wasn't injured, he would still be the 7. Without SIRO there we lose the past two. He has given us so much more directin and attacked the line.

If Lote and Utai weren't injured, they'd be there and we wouldn't have seen exciting attacking players like NOFA.

If Lawrence and Ayshford weren't injured, NO WAY do we see a 60 meter try from inside our half by a center in SIMONA.

Notice the trend???

The only legit injuries we have are Teddy, Keith and Robbie. Three out isn't bad. Most clubs have three or so out.

Liam, yes. But he is a non impact player and Sue has done just as much.

These injuries are a massive blessing in disguise.
Well said, wish the coach could see this......

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Stripes96
Location: Where the folks who know about frostiness stay frostiest the most

Post by Stripes96 » Tue 11 Jun, 2013 7:15 am

These injuries will help is in the long run, as they are the best thing that could've happened to our team culture, but don't kid yourself into thinking that they are helping now. If we were winning because of injuries, we would've won more than four games this year. Yes, it has slowly turned out to be a blessing, but this is just the rebuilding after the collapse.

On a side note, I think Ayshford adds to our team. He runs the ball hard, he's difficult to tackle and his defence has been very good this year. He has been head and shoulders above Lawrence this year.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013