lawrence

ImageImageImage
Swordy

Re: lawrence

Post by Swordy » Tue 11 Jun, 2013 1:38 pm

I think Lawrence has copped an unfair hammering on this forum.

He has been playing injured since the start of the year and in a time when injuries were killing us, he pressed on as best he could. He has also been 'covering' for Koro on his outside as far as his defence is concerned. Koro is usually all over the shop. Not easy defending for yourself and the winger too. At the start of the year, the combination and communication with Anasta on his inside wasn't fantastic either. His inside attacking men have been playing absolute garbage.

This guy is one of the best NRL line runners. He runs fantastic lines and is at least in the top 5 in the NRL. His defence is and has always been significant.

How some on this forum have him as a regular state cup player is beyond me. If he plays with a decent defensive winger outside him and gets some good ball, he is top class.

Last year and so far this year hasn't been his best, but with the exception of Farah and Woods, I'm not sure too many can hold their head up in this club amongst the turmoil. That includes the coaching staff and management.
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

mtd

Post by mtd » Tue 11 Jun, 2013 1:47 pm

Swordy wrote:I think Lawrence has copped an unfair hammering on this forum.

He has been playing injured since the start of the year and in a time when injuries were killing us, he pressed on as best he could. He has also been 'covering' for Koro on his outside as far as his defence is concerned. Koro is usually all over the shop. Not easy defending for yourself and the winger too. At the start of the year, the combination and communication with Anasta on his inside wasn't fantastic either. His inside attacking men have been playing absolute garbage.

This guy is one of the best NRL line runners. He runs fantastic lines and is at least in the top 5 in the NRL. His defence is and has always been significant.

How some on this forum have him as a regular state cup player is beyond me. If he plays with a decent defensive winger outside him and gets some good ball, he is top class.

Last year and so far this year hasn't been his best, but with the exception of Farah and Woods, I'm not sure too many can hold their head up in this club amongst the turmoil. That includes the coaching staff and management.
he was one of the great line runners. he hasnt done it for a long time.

the problem now he'll run one line only... there is no variation and opposition defence read it way to easy.

nsw cup regular, no, but there is no doubt a stint would do him the world of good.

izotope

Post by izotope » Tue 11 Jun, 2013 4:29 pm

Problem is can't have lawrence ayshford and reddy as 3/4 of our backline men.

There is no speed there. If you want to play a slow centre need a fast winger. Id be leaving nofo and simona and push them to wings let reddy aysh and lawrence fight for the 2 centre postions.
tigers!

Milky

Post by Milky » Tue 11 Jun, 2013 4:31 pm

izotope wrote:Problem is can't have lawrence ayshford and reddy as 3/4 of our backline men.

There is no speed there. If you want to play a slow centre need a fast winger. Id be leaving nofo and simona and push them to wings let reddy aysh and lawrence fight for the 2 centre postions.

1. Teddy
2. Koro
3. Nofo
4. Richards/Reddy
5. SImona

Leave it as that

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Tue 11 Jun, 2013 9:40 pm

ur all dreaming, richards has been brought to play centre, so the rest will have to take whats left.
teddy
koro
richards
nofo
MR T
THAT WOULD BE THE BEST WE COULD FIELD.
reddy and simona offer little in attack, and ashyford and chris may find themselfs in the backrow.

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Tue 11 Jun, 2013 9:57 pm

bp tiger wrote:.
reddy and simona offer little in attack, and ashyford and chris may find themselfs in the backrow.
You didn't notice him score the best individual try you are likely to see for months on Sunday?

LaT

Post by LaT » Tue 11 Jun, 2013 9:58 pm

Simona, the guy who just won us the game last week......offers little attack?
TigPies till I die!

I say, I say I resemble that remark!

Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Defiant » Tue 11 Jun, 2013 10:11 pm

lol, he had spiders on him Sunday according to the commentators

Lawrence should be coming back through state cup to get some fitness and confidence. Others deserve his spot atm.

pattyferg

Post by pattyferg » Wed 12 Jun, 2013 7:41 am

I think he should be in the squad. Not only for himself getting some match fitness and being one of our best in past seasons but also. He was benjis go to man.

When benji has nothing on he gets a deep back line with Lawrence hitting a hole and either hitting it or drawing 2 players and benji giving the winger a free try.

My opinion is he could just spark benjis game. But I do feel for reddy but he might have to be stood down. Lawrence does need some help in defence although he can smash an attacker he rushes up at the wrong times and leaves holes. I say drop some size, get some speed and lose the fears Lawrence > reddy.

My opinion, if he doesn't perform he has to be dropped. Good having some depth in the outside backs now.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Eye Of Da Tiger

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Thu 13 Jun, 2013 7:11 am

Keep him on the sides until we see him 100% fit hence confident. Every time he takes off he pulls a hemmi???

tominator

Post by tominator » Thu 13 Jun, 2013 7:41 am

I Just watched Bons Highlights of Chris, It's a real sad sight to see, his running style has gone from a gazelle to a wildebeest. I don't think we should rush him back to first grade yet. I would much prefer him to spend the rest of the year loosing a bit of weight (3-5 Kilo), working with sprint coaches to get his technique right again and getting his fitness and confidence back up in State Cup. Right now he doesn't offer the team much at all in attack and is a liability in defence. Give him a full off season uninjured and I feel as though he could start taking a step in the right direction and we could start to see him burning off Slater down the touchline again. As we all know form is temporary, class is permanent.