lawrence

ImageImageImage
mtd

lawrence

Post by mtd » Mon 10 Jun, 2013 7:50 pm

what are the chances of potter shifting lawrence out of the centres?

i really like the way he operates (especially in comparison to sheens) when it comes to putting players on notice and giving youngsters a crack.

whilst chris has been hampered by injuries which has effected the way he plays, he just hasnt been up to it when playing this year.

i'd like to see a shuffle, maybe wing, maybe from the bench into a backrow position.

thoughts?

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Mon 10 Jun, 2013 7:55 pm

yawn....are we there yet?

mtd

Post by mtd » Mon 10 Jun, 2013 7:57 pm

alexaki wrote:yawn....are we there yet?
i know.
he should have done it already.

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Mon 10 Jun, 2013 8:00 pm

Should come back through reggies after so long out

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

LaT

Post by LaT » Mon 10 Jun, 2013 8:26 pm

He reads play well, but he struggles for pace in the centres, shifting to the wing isn't the best move. He isn't big enough to be a wrecking ball type winger.

Reggies until he gets either some match fitness or we suffer (yet another) injury.
TigPies till I die!

I say, I say I resemble that remark!

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 10 Jun, 2013 9:22 pm

He will be picked if fit and it will be in the centre's

Tigerpete

Post by Tigerpete » Mon 10 Jun, 2013 9:32 pm

I'm one who would advocate a move to the wing for sure. Reddy has to stay at centre imo. He's been improving with each week there. Ayshford deserves the other centre spot ahead of Lawry and with Koro out and Nofa unlikely, I see this as the best fit for the team. I'd be lining up with for this week:

1.Tedesco
2.Simona
3.Reddy
4.Ayshford
5.Lawrence

Shooshmeister

Post by Shooshmeister » Mon 10 Jun, 2013 10:06 pm

Unless needed, Reggies to get his fitness up and then prove on form that he deserves his spot back. I love Lawrence, but he is leaking points each game and hodges will tear him apart.

Anthism

Post by Anthism » Mon 10 Jun, 2013 11:01 pm

Hodges vs Ayshford or Rowdy take your pick.
100% fit Rowdy > anyone in our team any day of the week at centre. You get the feeling something happened after that Eels game because he looked to be on the way up. I really don't think you can solely blame him for as many leaked tries as you guys carry on about. He's had Tedesco and Koro next to him who are pretty big liabilities in defence whatever way you look at it. Needs to play at 100%.

Not even sure if he'll be back this week.

LaT

Post by LaT » Mon 10 Jun, 2013 11:07 pm

Potter is quoted as saying Ayshford is the most likely to be ready for Boncos. Fulton and Lawrence are still under some doubt.

Doc reckons Farah doesn't look likely.
TigPies till I die!

Irvine

Post by Irvine » Tue 11 Jun, 2013 12:41 am

LaT wrote:He reads play well, but he struggles for pace in the centres, shifting to the wing isn't the best move. He isn't big enough to be a wrecking ball type winger.

Reggies until he gets either some match fitness or we suffer (yet another) injury.
Reads the play well ? Don't you remember him rushing up and leaving his winger exposed ? The team plays a slide defence until Lawrence learns what that involves we can't afford him in the team.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Tue 11 Jun, 2013 2:42 am

Irvine wrote:
LaT wrote:He reads play well, but he struggles for pace in the centres, shifting to the wing isn't the best move. He isn't big enough to be a wrecking ball type winger.

Reads the play well ? Don't you remember him rushing up and leaving his winger exposed ? The team plays a slide defence until Lawrence learns what that involves we can't afford him in the team.
He seems to have a problem sliding.

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Tue 11 Jun, 2013 10:33 am

We all know in full flight and his prime rowdy used to stop players in their tracks in D.
He used to put so many on their backs at first contact and single handedly too.
I agree he has lost a lot in attack due to injuries but with Defence the only problem he is having right now is positional play. He is way out of position way too often making some very questionable calls. Once he sorts his defence out he will be a Very valuable player again for us.

Tigerpete

Post by Tigerpete » Tue 11 Jun, 2013 10:56 am

Anthism wrote:Hodges vs Ayshford or Rowdy take your pick.
100% fit Rowdy > anyone in our team any day of the week at centre. You get the feeling something happened after that Eels game because he looked to be on the way up. I really don't think you can solely blame him for as many leaked tries as you guys carry on about. He's had Tedesco and Koro next to him who are pretty big liabilities in defence whatever way you look at it. Needs to play at 100%.

Not even sure if he'll be back this week.
That's a good observation mate. I thought Lawry started the season well too, that Parra game in particular his confidence was up. Since then he hasn't played a game near that level. I remember hearing when he did the hammy that he may spend longer on the sideline due to a foot injury he'd been carrying, which is obviously the case due to the moon boot. So I think it will be worth watching Lawrence over the next month, once he gets some match fitness back, weather we then may see a better player return. Won't expect much in the first few games back as he's not been able to run till this week. So his levels will be down. Give him a month, say by the end of the origin series.

LaT

Post by LaT » Tue 11 Jun, 2013 12:17 pm

Irvine wrote:

Yes, he reads the play well. He didn't magically lose all footy nouse.

He is a smart player. The fact he struggles laterally and seems to have lost speed won't change that.
TigPies till I die!

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Tue 11 Jun, 2013 1:23 pm

no im with irvine there he has made a lot of poor defensive reads this year. going in instead of staying out or staying out instead of pressuring the ball player. it's more to do with confidense though i think. he was very hesitant.

i think a few games in state cup will do his confidence a world of good. contrary to most, i havent lost hope in him even at centre or wing.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

LaT

Post by LaT » Tue 11 Jun, 2013 1:28 pm

His form is off, I won't argue that hes been terrible.

But he is a smart footy player, whatever he is going through mentally/physically or emotionally, he still has that footy brain.
TigPies till I die!

Swordy

Post by Swordy » Tue 11 Jun, 2013 1:36 pm

I think Lawrence has copped an unfair hammering on this forum.

He has been playing injured since the start of the year and in a time when injuries were killing us, he pressed on as best he could. He has also been 'covering' for Koro on his outside as far as his defence is concerned. Koro is usually all over the shop. Not easy defending for yourself and the winger too. At the start of the year, the combination and communication with Anasta on his inside wasn't fantastic either. His inside attacking men have been playing absolute garbage.

This guy is one of the best NRL line runners. He runs fantastic lines and is at least in the top 5 in the NRL. His defence is and has always been significant.

How some on this forum have him as a regular state cup player is beyond me. If he plays with a decent defensive winger outside him and gets some good ball, he is top class.

Last year and so far this year hasn't been his best, but with the exception of Farah and Woods, I'm not sure too many can hold their head up in this club amongst the turmoil. That includes the coaching staff and management.
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!