Cam Marshall unleash running game like its 2003?

ImageImageImage
Eddie

Cam Marshall unleash running game like its 2003?

Post by Eddie » Sun 16 Jun, 2013 10:36 pm

I remember this game 10 years ago. When we called him in from school mid week to play up there. I think he might of played fullback and we squeaked home 12-10against the odds. Anyway he ran wild on the Broncos. Thats all he did, didn't pass or organise, just ran and stepped and jinked.

Tomorrow he should try and run wild on Brisbane again. They have the most missed tackles in the league with 415. Matt Gillett has missed the most tackles in the NRL, Alex Glenn the 5th most. Scott Prince is a dodgy defender and their props are slow. They are a side under a huge amount of pressure and they are low on confidence. Suncorp is usually the fastest track in the league. We don't have much to lose, as $4 outsiders and with a stack of injuries. It's a great chance for him to just rip in and try and run the ball. We don't have great hole runners, or fast centres for any great ball playing or kicking.

Marshall with the old swagger would have seen this as a perfect opportunity to tear up a team guessing themselves. When was the last time he got tackled 10 times in a game? Would anyone be unhappy if Potter told Benji the gameplan is for you to get tackled 10 times? I was deflated that against Penrith, a similarly suspect defensive team he seemed content to try and steer us around and play in his dinner suit.

His partnership with Siro is showing signs of progress. Im confident he can do some real damage tomorrow if he just decides to pin his ears back and rip in. They have players in their side that will struggle to handle him. It's an opportunity to have his best game of the season. However does he still have the zip? the hunger?

tigerbalm

Post by tigerbalm » Sun 16 Jun, 2013 10:54 pm

I thought there was another brother.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

LaT

Post by LaT » Sun 16 Jun, 2013 11:05 pm

Eddie wrote:I remember this game 10 years ago. When we called him in from school mid week to play up there. I think he might of played fullback and we squeaked home 12-10against the odds. Anyway he ran wild on the Broncos. Thats all he did, didn't pass or organise, just ran and stepped and jinked.

Tomorrow he should try and run wild on Brisbane again. They have the most missed tackles in the league with 415. Matt Gillett has missed the most tackles in the NRL, Alex Glenn the 5th most. Scott Prince is a dodgy defender and their props are slow. They are a side under a huge amount of pressure and they are low on confidence. Suncorp is usually the fastest track in the league. We don't have much to lose, as $4 outsiders and with a stack of injuries. It's a great chance for him to just rip in and try and run the ball. We don't have great hole runners, or fast centres for any great ball playing or kicking.

Marshall with the old swagger would have seen this as a perfect opportunity to tear up a team guessing themselves. When was the last time he got tackled 10 times in a game? Would anyone be unhappy if Potter told Benji the gameplan is for you to get tackled 10 times? I was deflated that against Penrith, a similarly suspect defensive team he seemed content to try and steer us around and play in his dinner suit.

His partnership with Siro is showing signs of progress. Im confident he can do some real damage tomorrow if he just decides to pin his ears back and rip in. They have players in their side that will struggle to handle him. It's an opportunity to have his best game of the season. However does he still have the zip? the hunger?
Yep, I was there in the pissing rain on a Saturday night, close enough to the field at Suncorp to not be covered by the roof. Benji played in the halves with Fitzy. It was a happy night.

I am making the trip up tomorrow, hoping for another happy night.
TigPies till I die!

I say, I say I resemble that remark!

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 12:40 pm

The zip is no longer in his legs.Its still up in his brains, but when he pushes the button their is not the magic bit of acceleration he once had. Dont get me wrong,he can still cause plenty of damage if he runs, but his days of blowing teams away are probably gone

mikey

Post by mikey » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 1:57 pm

I clearly remember being at that game. Won against all the odds.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 3:09 pm

Unless Potter or Benji has a time machine ,ain't gonna happen sorry

Robz

Post by Robz » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 3:25 pm

happy tiger wrote:Unless Potter or Benji has a time machine ,ain't gonna happen sorry
+1. Hope I'm wrong though.

Welcome to the Jungle!

Meevinman

Post by Meevinman » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 4:08 pm

Imho, no.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 4:10 pm

I may be wrong but to me it seems that Benji has not used his kangaroo hop, shuffle and acceleration. for a long, long time. At only 28/29 years of age these attributes could not have completely disappeared. Benji will find them if he focuses on backing any breaks made by the other twelve players in the team. Let's hope that at least one of these twelve players makes a break or two which Benji can turn into points.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 4:19 pm

Kingy stripped...the commentators were horrified.

Marshall stepped, the commentators were in stitches

Mears played, heighno scored a try...benji had his Cosmo Kramer hair

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 4:30 pm

I really want Benji to return to his best, more than Chris even. Really sad watching him play nowadays

Doubt it will happen tonight though. Farahs out so someone's gotta lead the boys. Guess Braith can help out but Benji will probably opt not to run it if potter doesn't come up with a way to take all pressure off him. Love to see him score two brilliant tries though . Would make my week really.....

Come on benj :)
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 7:50 pm

Simple answer to this question, sadly: No.

The Phantom

Post by The Phantom » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 7:58 pm

No,, unfortunately Benji has got nothing these days, I hate to say it. Benji is a has been.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 9:38 pm

I'm done with him after tonight.

Like I feared it is not a form slump, rather a terminal slide into irrelevance. If he looked like he half cared I wouldn't be so harsh, but i'm done with him.

There is only one decision that can be made.

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 9:47 pm

Pretty sad to see such a talent turn in that rubbish. Contracted two more years; what to do????

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Tue 18 Jun, 2013 7:06 am

PYMBLEPETE wrote:Pretty sad to see such a talent turn in that rubbish. Contracted two more years; what to do????
Tell him he's unwanted and he can look for an early release.