This Team Keep or Punt

ImageImageImage
stevetiger

Re: This Team Keep or Punt

Post by stevetiger » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 9:33 pm

The backs need a clean up. Moltzen, Ayshford, Reddy, Tuqiri and Utai need to go. If Nofoaluma and Koro keep making mistakes they will have to go but they deserve a good amount of time. I'd keep Benji but he really needs a rocket up him.

I like our forwards at the moment. I'd punt Pettybourne. Blair has been good recently but for his price he simply isn't worth it. BMM must be close to getting punted.

Anasta over the last couple of weeks has looked alright to me. I'm not sure if he is really required though but I'd keep him because he is only here next season.

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 9:38 pm

Yeh good post Chris pretty much agree, although definitely want to keep BMM; Im not giving up on him yet.

Funny post by Black n White re Lawrence! Sort of agree, but I am hoping I am wrong.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 9:48 pm

Tonight showed just how little ability the majority of the players who represented WT FG today are currently showing. Potter does not appear to be getting out of this majority of players anywhere their true ability. Chris' selections for punt and keep are pretty spot on. The forward pack fielded tonight had three non-triers Blair, Pettybourne and BMM, who have continued this same form throughout the season. Excuses can be made for the remaining who are young and inexperienced. The centres fielded tonight are too slow to be seriously considered as first grade centres and need to accept that their time has come to leave the fold. In the halves Benji had probably his worst game ever and is strating to run out of chances. He was the villain who by a stupid short kick near half-time ensured that WT lost any chance of winning the game. His kicking in general play has been atrocious all season. Even Fulton, not a known kicker, showed more sense tonight with his kicks. Why can't Potter take the kicking duties off Benji and give them to one or two other players with kicking ability?

The greatest threat to the future of Wests Tigers lies however with Wests Tigers management. They need to take drastic action now to remove replace the players earmarked for punting. If this does not happen the club is going will be facing at least three more lean years similar to what Parramatta has been experiencing.