Time for the Coach to man up !

ImageImageImage
1/4 chicken,chips

Re: Time for the Coach to man up !

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 9:16 pm

Yep too many non first graders in our side .Marshall and PEttybourne were woeful

Eye Of Wests Tigers

Post by Eye Of Wests Tigers » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 9:17 pm

Im sorry but can any of you Coach bashers do any better with not only the team he has inherited, but also the crippling injury toll that hasnt allowed for any real continuity or gelling with the team. Potter has done a decent enough job with what has happened, but when all is said and done, 2014 is the goal now, look at who HE wants in the team and what HE wants to do.

mtd

Post by mtd » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 9:17 pm

potter has 'manned up', he dropped marshall to the bench.
i would be suprised if he doesnt do it again.

Snake

Post by Snake » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 9:18 pm

Not much the coach can do ..has many in the team that are not NRL standard and the highest paid player not interested and a salary cap that has no room .

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 9:19 pm

Time for the senior players to man up and take accountability for that performance

Marshall needs to be benched again Defence was disgusting , no wonder when a team leader goes missing the young players do also

Magpie69

Post by Magpie69 » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 9:21 pm

Anthism wrote:How is Potter's job on the line?
Geez one game makes everyone turn hey....
I thought all were very average tonight.
Brisbane were horrible and didn't deserve any of those tries.
Put the whole team on notice and drop a big name player or two and they'll be at least looking like they're trying on Saturday night.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
One game makes everyone turn ??? have you been overseas for the last 3 months ??

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 9:22 pm

Questions fro MP:
- Why Sironen @ 7, when Anasta is better ball player and far better kicker? My preference 7 Anasta, 13 Sironen
- Why Marshall must kick every ball? My preference: Anasta must kick at least 80% of kicks.
- Why Seumanufagai and BMM play only 15 minutes a game? My preference: Play Ava and BMM at least 40 minutes
- Why Iosefa @ 9, when we have Luani? My preference: Luani to 9 when Farah is out.
- Why Pattybourne and Blair instead of Sue and Akauola? 11 Sue, 12 Akauola

Go Tigers :sign:

tigermaniac

Post by tigermaniac » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 9:26 pm

Guys if you think Potter is the blame, sadly you got it wrong. Just watch the game and see who's enthusiastic and who's not, a minimum of 3 players always wreck it for us. BM, EP and BMM, That is the soul reason we failed tonight and for most of the year, oxygen thieves. Potter has stamped his mark, the only problem is players are contracted and can't be offloaded unless someone pays their contract out.
Responding to the thread title, Benji is on the way out. Potter doesn't want him. He's shown nothing, and he wants a contract extension, yeah right. Keep it up Potter, I'm with ya. Pettybourne is another big disgrace.

P.S don't ever have Benji captain again when Farah is out, you'll speed up the process of him leaving.

Magpie69

Post by Magpie69 » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 9:29 pm

tigermaniac wrote:Guys if you think Potter is the blame, sadly you got it wrong. Just watch the game and see who's enthusiastic and who's not, a minimum of 3 players always wreck it for us. BM, EP and BMM, That is the soul reason we failed tonight and for most of the year, oxygen thieves. Potter has stamped his mark, the only problem is players are contracted and can't be offloaded unless someone pays their contract out.
Responding to the thread title, Benji is on the way out. Potter doesn't want him. He's shown nothing, and he wants a contract extension, yeah right. Keep it up Potter, I'm with ya. Pettybourne is another big disgrace.

P.S don't ever have Benji captain again when Farah is out, you'll speed up the process of him leaving.

Exactly my point, and he keeps picking them

Post by Guest » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 9:30 pm

tigermaniac wrote:Guys if you think Potter is the blame, sadly you got it wrong. Just watch the game and see who's enthusiastic and who's not, a minimum of 3 players always wreck it for us. BM, EP and BMM, That is the soul reason we failed tonight and for most of the year, oxygen thieves. Potter has stamped his mark, the only problem is players are contracted and can't be offloaded unless someone pays their contract out.

Well said mate. 100% agree with this post.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 9:34 pm

how is it Potter's fault ? It is past Management fault full stop...
1. Potter didn't choose to sign Blair and release the players we did to accommodate him .
2. Potter didn't choose to release Heighno and Ryan
3. Potter didn't choose to sign Anasta
4. Potter didn't choose to sign Pettybourne
5. Potter makes a decision to drop Benji to the bench and the media smash's him , let's hope he is dropped next week to N.S.W cup.
6. Potter didn't choose to have all these injuries yeah he makes the team selection's but he has had no choice but to blood a lot of youngster's early in there Careers which I think will hold us in good stead in a couple years.

Player's that have to go: Marshall , Blair , Lawrence , Ayshford , Anasta , Pettybourne , Reddy for this club to move forward, that is what's needed it won't happen I know that , some have long way to go with there contracts .
Simona has to be our Centre from now on full stop.

So can we stop blaming the coach so much.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

darkie

Post by darkie » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 9:40 pm

I think the players need some motivation to want to win.
They had it against penrith, didn't seem have it tonight.
A bit hard to judge the coach with a make shift team.

Magpie69

Post by Magpie69 » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 9:40 pm

I am not blaming Potter for the past, obviously not his doing, but he is the man now, and needs to make the tough decisions

900large

Post by 900large » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 9:43 pm

Can we please put the "look at the team he inherited" excuse to bed. We are half way thru the season, with 4 wins, and on tonight's effort we won't win another 4.
The team he "inherited" won 11 last year despite a dozen halves combinations and a stop gap fullback. But don't let a good story get in the way if the truth
Injuries killed us last year as they are this year. If we blame this appalling form on inheriting a bad side, then logically you have to give credit to the achievements of last year (or were they a good side then)
Benji didn't become bad, last year he topped try assists, this year he is topping missed tackles.
The coach doesn't teach the players how to play, (whats he going to teach Benji) he is there to manage the men and get them to play for him. I don't see that
Lets stop making excuses, and allow the coach to be judged on performance. That team tonight didn't even try.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 9:44 pm

People have to understand with young guys it will take them at least 50 games to get some consistancy

How many of our players have less than 50 games ?? 9-10

I also believe if you look at our performances that our young forward pack are being overawed when playing big name forward pack (Brisbane ,Souths ,Cronulla etc)

Its takes a little while to work out they are no different just more experienced

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 9:47 pm

900large wrote:Can we please put the "look at the team he inherited" excuse to bed. We are half way thru the season, with 4 wins, and on tonight's effort we won't win another 4.
The team he "inherited" won 11 last year despite a dozen halves combinations and a stop gap fullback. But don't let a good story get in the way if the truth
Injuries killed us last year as they are this year. If we blame this appalling form on inheriting a bad side, then logically you have to give credit to the achievements of last year (or were they a good side then)
Benji didn't become bad, last year he topped try assists, this year he is topping missed tackles.
The coach doesn't teach the players how to play, (whats he going to teach Benji) he is there to manage the men and get them to play for him. I don't see that
Lets stop making excuses, and allow the coach to be judged on performance. That team tonight didn't even try.

Agree with some of which you say 900large , but remember when you were a young player You would of lacked consistancy No different here , these blokes are going to have good weeks and bad weeks , this week was a bad week

Magpie69

Post by Magpie69 » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 9:51 pm

The young blokes are NOT the problem !!!

Post by Guest » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 9:51 pm

Hard for bmm to be enthusiastic when he gets 10 mins a match. He has to be given a fair go.