It's time to blood brooks

ImageImageImage
versa

It's time to blood brooks

Post by versa » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 9:37 pm

Geez we need to try something sirro ain't no half. Benji is playing like he doesn't know what his role is. Bring this kid in let him direct the team. His a natural half. We look slow and confidence must do low. Bring in some enthusiasm.

versa

Post by versa » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 9:38 pm

SO low I meant :mrgreen:

Stripes96
Location: Where the folks who know about frostiness stay frostiest the most

Post by Stripes96 » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 9:51 pm

There's a few arguments for and against bringing Brooks in.

Our current halves are poo, and Benji doesn't even look vaguely interested. Sirro puts in, but like you said, he's not a halfback. Plus bringing Luke through now will be a step towards the future.

On the other hand, it's hard to know whether bringing Brooks through now will impede his development. We need to have a solid forward pack to protect him and give him the space to play his natural game.

Then there's the second tier cap...

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 9:58 pm

I dont want to see Brooks in firsts this year. He needs this year in the lower grades. The year is a write off so lets not run the risk of setting him back in a losing side.

Snake

Post by Snake » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 10:03 pm

PYMBLEPETE wrote:I dont want to see Brooks in firsts this year. He needs this year in the lower grades. The year is a write off so lets not run the risk of setting him back in a losing side.
Don,t let Brooke's anywhere near these Bums......don,t want to see the kid hurt with Marshall giving him hospital passes and the forwards playing soft . Lets maybe see a couple of games when some forwards return and protect him.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 10:04 pm

Wests Tigers management starting with the coaches Potter and his sidekick Royce have created a huge problem of their own doing. They will reap their unenviable rewards at the end of this season.

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 10:07 pm

Yeah Brooks development could do without being played this season. This forward pack isn't always able to compete and a halfback playing behind it isn't easy. I'd be playing him in reserve grade against open-aged bodies and look to bring him in next season.

mtd

Post by mtd » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 10:09 pm

PYMBLEPETE wrote:I dont want to see Brooks in firsts this year. He needs this year in the lower grades. The year is a write off so lets not run the risk of setting him back in a losing side.
i dont think he will be set back. he will learn more.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 10:11 pm

Snake wrote:
Don,t let Brooke's anywhere near these Bums......don,t want to see the kid hurt with Marshall giving him hospital passes and the forwards playing soft . Lets maybe see a couple of games when some forwards return and protect him.
Agree 100 % ,not this year .
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 10:14 pm

I'm torn. I think that he's best off not being exposed right now by being put into a side that's getting physically dominated. But I and I'm sure every stakeholder involved would love to see if he can make a difference.

I'm not even sure we need to be putting Tedesco through it this year either. He's getting hurt a lot.

ball main

Post by ball main » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 10:17 pm

Way to early. Physically he could end up like benji came into grade.
Our forwards are weak and can't defend the bloke.

Robz

Post by Robz » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 10:22 pm

As much as I would love it I don't think it's the right thing for his development. Alternating between 20s and nsw cup for the rest of the season. Then a full off season with Firsts squad to have him ready for R1 next season.
Only way I would blood him this season is if Galloway is back so the kid has a pack that goes forward and can play off the back of it.

Welcome to the Jungle!