disgraceful performance; opinions

ImageImageImage
tigerchap

disgraceful performance; opinions

Post by tigerchap » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 9:54 pm

marshall + pettybourne need to be sacked, absolutely appalling tonight, may of had a chance of not for those two ! terrible in attack and defence, both need to go.

ayshford, reddy, iosefa were almost as bad as the above two, also took major part in why we lost, although at least iosefa tried.

sue, fulton, tedesco, woods and simona only ones who actually had a fair go today, geez is it that hard..

thought blair was alright for a change this week in the limited time he had on, no stupid penalties, missed tackles or errors, we need him to keep this up.

opinions?

Magpie69

Post by Magpie69 » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 10:00 pm

At $500k p.a. Blair has to be better than alright

tigerchap

Post by tigerchap » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 10:05 pm

I would rather see him doing something good for a change than giving away silly penalties, missing 4-6 tackles every week and having silly errors in his game. Truth is, he probably cant play like hes worth 500k p.a. for us, just never had it in him at the tigers :/ poor recruitment is poor

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 10:07 pm

Welcome on board mate ... nice opening post and Agree with your post , these are tough times no doubt but if only Benji played with the Heart and Soul that Fulton does we'd be a bit better off.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 10:12 pm

Broncos were really good tonight. Completed at a ridiculous percentage. Tried really hard (about all that's required against us).

Marshall was dangerous but doesn't want to get dirty. His D is just hopeless and he doesn't like getting tackled. Too many plodders but I'm not too cut. Again our youngsters played really well. Teddy, Simona, Noffa, Sue along with Fulton, Woods and Blair were probably our best players.

The_Doc

Post by The_Doc » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 10:17 pm

Pettybourne isn't even reserve grade standards there are a few blokes I saw run around the other day that would out do him any day of the week,Masada Is despicable every time I see him play and Benji you want an upgrade ???? Mate you don't even deserve what you get now,turnstile against Gillett as pathetic as that attempt was ok he is a big guy but then to get run over by Prince in the same fashion is inexcusable,go and tackle some bags or do something the effort is pathetic.

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 10:21 pm

Firstly credit to Brisbane who put in a pretty complete performance.

We just didn't aim up. They wanted it more. Our forwards were out-enthused, we missed one-on-one tackles, didn't have a lot of luck, lacked direction and tried to play dry footy on what looked a heavy pitch.

Irvine

Post by Irvine » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 10:22 pm

There is a reason other clubs let these players go...The question is why our incompetent recruitment manager always thinks they are good pick ups ?
I noticed his been demoted and not involved in the top 25 player purchases anymore..a step in the right direction...next step out the door.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 10:24 pm

The_Doc wrote:Pettybourne isn't even reserve grade standards there are a few blokes I saw run around the other day that would out do him any day of the week,Masada Is despicable every time I see him play and Benji you want an upgrade ???? Mate you don't even deserve what you get now,turnstile against Gillett as pathetic as that attempt was ok he is a big guy but then to get run over by Prince in the same fashion is inexcusable,go and tackle some bags or do something the effort is pathetic.
Well said. I wish Potter had the guts to say that but he wants to be one of the boys and will pick them ALL again tomorrow afternoon. May as well recruit Blake and Dugan to the club.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 10:26 pm

Marshall makes me absolutely sick I just can't stand how bad he is, I can't believe someone can play so bad for so long yet still play fg every week. His kicking makes me want to smash things and his defence I mean what do you say its just plain embarrassing, he must feel guilty of receiving his paycheck, he should hand it to Fulton every week. Benji just looks like he doesn't care and I think its about time the club stopped caring too and show him the door he has nothing left to offer. He's finished

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 10:26 pm

Any player getting physically shrugged off a tackle by Scott f'ing Prince does not deserve to be fed, let alone get paid to play football.

Irvine

Post by Irvine » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 10:28 pm

smeghead wrote:Any player getting physically shrugged off a tackle by Scott f'ing Prince does not deserve to be fed, let alone get paid to play football.
Maybe that's what Marshall wants...an out..his not happy you can tell.....well bye cya later

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 10:31 pm

Irvine wrote:
smeghead wrote:Any player getting physically shrugged off a tackle by Scott f'ing Prince does not deserve to be fed, let alone get paid to play football.
Maybe that's what Marshall wants...an out..his not happy you can tell.....well bye cya later
He should be arrested for stealing a living.

The_Doc

Post by The_Doc » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 10:34 pm

Irvine wrote:

Wouldn't be surprised doesn't want to be here but no one wants to pay what we are except probably parra, I think Benji is stale here to be honest

TripleB

Post by TripleB » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 10:35 pm

Benji has been awesome both on and off the field over the years, but I think the time has come for him to move on. He does not provide us with much in attack now and is still a liability in defence. His options in attack have been very poor and more often than not he is killing our attacking opportunities.

tigertales

Post by tigertales » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 11:54 pm

MacDougall wrote: Marshall was dangerous but doesn't want to get dirty. His D is just hopeless and he doesn't like getting tackled. Too many plodders but I'm not too cut.
Not once did Marshall look dangerous he only ever posed danger to us. Turnstile in defence, rubbish kicking game, rubbish running game, rubbish in attack. Rubbish attitude. Sack him please.

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 11:57 pm

tigerchap wrote:marshall + pettybourne need to be sacked, absolutely appalling tonight, may of had a chance of not for those two ! terrible in attack and defence, both need to go.

ayshford, reddy, iosefa were almost as bad as the above two, also took major part in why we lost, although at least iosefa tried.

sue, fulton, tedesco, woods and simona only ones who actually had a fair go today, geez is it that hard..

thought blair was alright for a change this week in the limited time he had on, no stupid penalties, missed tackles or errors, we need him to keep this up.

opinions?
Agree with you 90%...Blair stuffed up that led to their 3rd try I think...he showed no urgency to chase and dive on a loose ball that the Broncos grubbered in goal for a try...Why is it we fans see the obvious but the coaching staff don't?

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 11:58 pm

foreveratiger wrote:Welcome on board mate ... nice opening post and Agree with your post , these are tough times no doubt but if only Benji played with the Heart and Soul that Fulton does we'd be a bit better off.
here here....again we see this but do the coaches?