The Worst Captain In Wests Tigers History

ImageImageImage
smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

The Worst Captain In Wests Tigers History

Post by smeghead » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 10:52 pm

That is Benji Marshall.

Let us for a moment discount his performance other then to say as a senior player he should be showing the young guys how to compete in the NRL not what he is doing.

But his leadership was criminally bad. Not once did he address the reffs with any cogent thought or questioning of calls, not once did he try and inspire his team. No he just gives others gob fulls for errors and struts around not giving a rats with his multitude or worse errors.

He is the remaining cancer of the Sheens era and needs to be extricated from this football club now before it is too late. It is bad enough what he costs us in terms of play. But when he starts browbeating kids he messes with the clubs future

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 10:55 pm

West Tigers 2013 - a sad litany.

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 10:56 pm

Smeg, I dont think you should keep your frustrations bottled up mate, tell us what you really think, lol...

I take it this evening was the straw that broke the camel....

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 10:58 pm

I could handle a guy like Heighno giving it to Teo over soft efforts but not the crap he dished up tonight.

Jesse should have laid him out behind the posts for daring to try and say anything to anybody else

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 11:01 pm

If Robbie isn't fit or playing SOO the captain should be either Anasta or Fulton

Royce

Post by Royce » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 11:01 pm

The scary thing was post game. At the press conference he looked liked he couldnt care less.

He then said we lost the game 'up the middle'.

Absolutely no blame towards himself.

No 'my defense was a disgrace. This one is on me. I need to be better'. Nothing.

He has no idea. I don't want to sound rude, but it is pretty clear he isn't overly 'bright'. Doubt he has an IQ above 100 and basically has no education. I don't think this stuff registers with him mentally.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 11:06 pm

Cannot bring myself to watch the press conference. I have to go to work tomorrow and I am sure it will drive me to drink

tigertales

Post by tigertales » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 11:47 pm

Totally agree. Absolutely pathetic game and attitude. Sick of the excuses from the sympathizer s every week there is simply no excuse for the rubbish he dished up tonight. Free up his cap money and find someone who wants to play. Pathetic.

Marshall_magic

Post by Marshall_magic » Mon 17 Jun, 2013 11:53 pm

When you are getting swatted away by a player who isn't even moving you have problems. When Prince just rolls through your attempted tackle you have problems. When you put 10 kicks in and none find open space you have problems. We've heard him talk about his poor form this year several times yet he has not improved at all.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Tue 18 Jun, 2013 2:45 pm

Behind the posts was laughable really... on the rare occasion he tried to gee the boys up, half the team just spread out and looked dis-interested.

I'm not sure what is happening there, but he has not only lost his spark, he has also lost interest.

I wont be surprised to see a Press Conference coming up before the end of the year with one B Marshall walking away from RL... Very Sad!!!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

batboy

Post by batboy » Tue 18 Jun, 2013 3:03 pm

Maybe we lost the game up the middle because our go to man and main direction on the park kept giving the opposition the ball on thier 40 or better from absolutely disgracefull last tackle options? - Was it 1 decent clearing kick from him all game???
When we are losing the battle for ground, You DO NOT put in low percentage chip kicks or Grubbers.. You kick to corners, Try to set scrums, Rally the Troops, Give the boys a breather, Bombs, Aim for repeat sets... Something.... Not give the ball to them so they're are in our half on tackle one... Set, After Set, After Set, After Set.... No wonder we lost.
Marshall could have been anything from 09/10 onwards... Could have become a champion of the game.
Now he is the Cancer... Imagine how good Robbie would be, If he didn't have to worry about what Sh*te Benji is gonna dish up every time he gets the ball!!
I couldn't fault Fulton, Tedesco, Sironen or Sue last night. Woods was Ok in a desperately defeated team....
If we are in a re-building faze... We need to start with it, And remove Benji ASAP!! Before all our players think they can outscore everyone and decide they don't need to do the hard work....

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Tue 18 Jun, 2013 3:08 pm

i think he needs a fresh start- somewhere else
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

eyewonder

Post by eyewonder » Tue 18 Jun, 2013 3:08 pm

yes,our marvellous benji is a light of other days used in the manner he was last night.

the management who encouraged him to be a playmaker were wrong.whoever said to him to be dummy half last night were wrong as well.

its a bit like being picked to be the opening bowler for Australia.you may hold and end up and get 30 runs,but you are there to get wickets- if you don't you lose your spot.

benji's strength has always been his running game.the only place he runs fast to these days is to take the penalty kicks for sideline. then he stands around and watches everyone else play.

no side will respect a leader who performed like benji did last night.see how gallen inspired Cronulla last round- that's a captain.

the only spot benji should demand is as an interchange bench player and be given the specific instructions of running the ball.
that's benji's strength and bargaining power circa 2013. if he's not happy with that,tell him to watch either of the Reynolds

boys play for their respective sides.thats how competitive five eights are playing at present.

use benjis strengths - its a simple solution.

willow

Post by willow » Tue 18 Jun, 2013 3:28 pm

Watching him now compared to 2010-2011 is quite sad. I hope the club can see this and don't offer him a contract extension.

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Tue 18 Jun, 2013 3:36 pm

Royce wrote:The scary thing was post game. At the press conference he looked liked he couldnt care less.

He then said we lost the game 'up the middle'.

Absolutely no blame towards himself.

No 'my defense was a disgrace. This one is on me. I need to be better'. Nothing.

He has no idea. I don't want to sound rude, but it is pretty clear he isn't overly 'bright'. Doubt he has an IQ above 100 and basically has no education. I don't think this stuff registers with him mentally.
he said the last play options were poor
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Tue 18 Jun, 2013 4:12 pm

Poor lol , I thought the balls must have had lead in them ,or we were playing into a gale force wind .benjis never had a clue when it comes to his kicking game .

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 18 Jun, 2013 4:14 pm

I have a 2nd option as worst

Didn't Craig Field captain us once ??Then again ,you couldn't accuse Field of not giving 100%

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 18 Jun, 2013 4:23 pm

It gets worse John Simon captained us twice