The Worst Captain In Wests Tigers History

ImageImageImage
Newtown

Re: The Worst Captain In Wests Tigers History

Post by Newtown » Tue 18 Jun, 2013 4:35 pm

So who do you think will be captain and 5/8 on Saturday?

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Tue 18 Jun, 2013 4:49 pm

Newtown wrote:So who do you think will be captain and 5/8 on Saturday?
Benji and Sironen!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

GeorgeQ

Post by GeorgeQ » Tue 18 Jun, 2013 5:29 pm

Newtown wrote:So who do you think will be captain and 5/8 on Saturday?
I think Benji will be 5/8 - if for no other reason than you don't pay all that money for a guy to play reserve grade (and the bench experiment did not work out that well) - but maybe Anasta could be captain. Actually, why not make Blair captain, he's supposed to be a leader! Or Liam Fulton, I reckon he would make a good captain.

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Tue 18 Jun, 2013 5:37 pm

Anasta is out.... I would have preferred Anasta/Siro halves, and Fulton Captain this week... Benji straight dropped. Unfortunately we dont have the healthy roster necessary to make the necessary changes...

It will stay as it was last week unfortunately. Hope Benji and Masada have been told to professionally position themselves for 5th tackle kicking, and Benji warned that if he goes for a short kick he will be dragged. Punching it dead every set would even do.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Tue 18 Jun, 2013 6:09 pm

1/4 chicken,chips wrote:Poor lol , I thought the balls must have had lead in them ,or we were playing into a gale force wind .benjis never had a clue when it comes to his kicking game .
Once again, all and sundry can see this except those who choose the team and make the decisions as to who does what on the field. Anasta has always been one of the better kickers in the game, yet he is doing nothing. All the kicks in play are left up to a bloke who, as you say, has never really had a clue - why, why, why, why, bloody why??? :brick:
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Post by Guest » Tue 18 Jun, 2013 6:30 pm

I don't know if anyone else saw it but about 5 mins to go in the match the broncos had a scrum in our 20 and benji was on the screen at the scrum and it looked like he was tell the broncos half to go that way and not come the short side.

Maybe he couldn't be bothered defending or didn't want to get embarrassed again. That's not something you expect from your captain.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

900large

Post by 900large » Tue 18 Jun, 2013 7:53 pm

Anonymous wrote:I don't know if anyone else saw it but about 5 mins to go in the match the broncos had a scrum in our 20 and benji was on the screen at the scrum and it looked like he was tell the broncos half to go that way and not come the short side.

Maybe he couldn't be bothered defending or didn't want to get embarrassed again. That's not something you expect from your captain.

I saw that but I thought he was sending the winger outside him in to defend, because he defended on the wing. The broncs were clearly setting up for an open side move and he wanted nothing of it.

the third

Post by the third » Tue 18 Jun, 2013 9:33 pm

On the press conference. Pretty sanitised from the so called journalists. I'd love to see some direct questions 'how would you rate your def/kicking/last tackle options' put some heat on him. It would probably help him

The Phantom

Post by The Phantom » Tue 18 Jun, 2013 10:47 pm

batboy wrote:Maybe we lost the game up the middle because our go to man and main direction on the park kept giving the opposition the ball on thier 40 or better from absolutely disgracefull last tackle options? - Was it 1 decent clearing kick from him all game???
When we are losing the battle for ground, You DO NOT put in low percentage chip kicks or Grubbers.. You kick to corners, Try to set scrums, Rally the Troops, Give the boys a breather, Bombs, Aim for repeat sets... Something.... Not give the ball to them so they're are in our half on tackle one... Set, After Set, After Set, After Set.... No wonder we lost.
Marshall could have been anything from 09/10 onwards... Could have become a champion of the game.
Now he is the Cancer... Imagine how good Robbie would be, If he didn't have to worry about what Sh*te Benji is gonna dish up every time he gets the ball!!
I couldn't fault Fulton, Tedesco, Sironen or Sue last night. Woods was Ok in a desperately defeated team....
If we are in a re-building faze... We need to start with it, And remove Benji ASAP!! Before all our players think they can outscore everyone and decide they don't need to do the hard work....
My feelings exactly. Benji has to go.