benji

ImageImageImage
Newtown

Re: benji

Post by Newtown » Thu 20 Jun, 2013 4:23 pm

I don't think that Benji was ever cut out to be kicker in general play but every week he has been loaded with this responsibility. On top of that he also is the team's goal kicker and main player. The guy is not super human and often all these responsibilities can get to a person who is not suited to handle them. I understand that Luke Brooks is a very competent kicker in general play. If so, he should be brought in immediately into FG to take these duties off Benji and allow Benji to just concentrate on his free running game which has been completely shut into the background. We will then see a revival of the old Benji. It is up to Potter as coach to see the real need for this. I hope he does and puts Brooks in to FG at the same age as Benji was when he debuted for Wests Tigers.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 20 Jun, 2013 4:39 pm

I think he's gun shy in defence
He wont go in 100%
Wont use his shoulder
Has no confidence there

I think if he can fix his defence, it might restore his confidence which could go some way to him finding some form

shane2801

Post by shane2801 » Thu 20 Jun, 2013 5:55 pm

It makes me laugh reading posts about "hoping Benji turns it around". Turn what around? His form? This is his form. He is trying but he hasn't got it.
BLACK & WHITE...DYNAMITE!!!!!

mtd

Post by mtd » Thu 20 Jun, 2013 6:04 pm

shane2801 wrote:Turn what around? His form? This is his form. He is trying but he hasn't got it.
I feel the same, just didn't want to open with a post dissing him. He has been a loyal servant an I respect that.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Thu 20 Jun, 2013 6:10 pm

shane2801 wrote:It makes me laugh reading posts about "hoping Benji turns it around". Turn what around? His form? This is his form. He is trying but he hasn't got it.
Are we going to get the same sort of replies when we discuss Chris Lawrence?

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Thu 20 Jun, 2013 6:27 pm

The excuses and reasons dished up for Marshall's dreadful performances are becoming ridiculous.

He doesn't have a good pack to work off, he doesn't have a halfback, there's too much pressure on him, the grass was too long etc. Just crap.

Post by Guest » Thu 20 Jun, 2013 6:28 pm

7 news just reported that WT will be tabling a new offer to Benji this week. Stated also if Benji is not happy with the deal he will consider rugby union.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Thu 20 Jun, 2013 6:30 pm

Guest wrote:7 news just reported that WT will be tabling a new offer to Benji this week. Stated also if Benji is not happy with the deal he will consider rugby union.

Can't believe he is being offered any new deal after the rubbish dished up this season! You couldn't make this stuff up.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Thu 20 Jun, 2013 6:32 pm

Guest wrote:7 news just reported that WT will be tabling a new offer to Benji this week. Stated also if Benji is not happy with the deal he will consider rugby union.

How long is Benji currently contracted to Wests Tigers?

Robz

Post by Robz » Thu 20 Jun, 2013 6:33 pm

Newtown wrote:

How long is Benji currently contracted to Wests Tigers?
Mate I think it's til end of 2015 season

Welcome to the Jungle!

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Thu 20 Jun, 2013 6:39 pm

Is it a new offer/extension or just an upgrade due to the new tv deal?

Wonder if the offer is in line with his form? Interesting times ahead.

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Thu 20 Jun, 2013 6:50 pm

would just like to see him play to his ability.
that's all.
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Thu 20 Jun, 2013 6:53 pm

greatodensraven wrote:Is it a new offer/extension or just an upgrade due to the new tv deal?

Wonder if the offer is in line with his form? Interesting times ahead.

I thought that Wests Tigers have very little or no money to spend on players? Maybe he wants to spend married life playing rugby union in Japan.

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Thu 20 Jun, 2013 6:55 pm

Think about it.... stalled talks will go ahead, a new offer on the table, and form not good enough to warrant a big bucks contract. My bet is they are going to low ball him, rock the boat and see what comes of it all. He has been cut loose from Channel 9 obligations so has had a 3rd party pay cut, he has to know his stocks are rock bottom.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Thu 20 Jun, 2013 6:55 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:The excuses and reasons dished up for Marshall's dreadful performances are becoming ridiculous.

He doesn't have a good pack to work off, he doesn't have a halfback, there's too much pressure on him, the grass was too long etc. Just crap.
Well I'm one that is posting possible reasons for Marshall's poor form. Some of which are based around the structure of the team around him. While I'm not a sports psychologist, I believe that my observations are valid.

I don't believe there is any reason to post an 'excuse' for Marshall's form. It is what it is, and we can all see that. But, probably because of the environmental issues I see as contributing factors to his poor form, I also don't think he should be rubbished in the way he has been in this forum.

He may indeed be a 'has been' or he may be a 'bad fit' for the direction this team is taking but as I've said in this and other threads, if he does leave the Tigers, watch another astute club pick him up and play him to his strengths.
"Quality Stupidity"

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 20 Jun, 2013 11:36 pm

Instead of tabling an offer ,just hit him with the table ,repeatedly until he agrees to run the ball

barra

Post by barra » Fri 21 Jun, 2013 10:26 am

innsaneink wrote:I think he's gun shy in defence
He wont go in 100%
Wont use his shoulder
Has no confidence there

I think if he can fix his defence, it might restore his confidence which could go some way to him finding some form
Agreed Ink. He needs to stop protecting his shoulders for fear of ending his career, because by doing so he may ruin his career anyway.

Snake

Post by Snake » Fri 21 Jun, 2013 12:11 pm

barra wrote:
innsaneink wrote:I think he's gun shy in defence
He wont go in 100%
Wont use his shoulder
Has no confidence there

Agreed Ink. He needs to stop protecting his shoulders for fear of ending his career, because by doing so he may ruin his career anyway.

This is interesting regarding his shoulders as we all know with what's happened in the past, is there an issue NOW with the shoulders it just seems odd that he wants nothing to do defensively. IMO I think there is something wrong with him physically just a hunch as the Benji of the past at least made an attempt maybe not successfully .