Crowd expectations

ImageImageImage
Eye Of Da Tiger

Re: Crowd expectations

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 7:32 pm

Sad for who could and wasn't there. I had tickets but couldn't make it ( tonsillitis). For those who are critics but did not attend there is a word for you. Hypocrites .Big ones at that

monkey

Post by monkey » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 7:58 pm

batboy wrote:Always the same excuses???
Last crowd at LO was worse... No Doubt. But in all reality
1: The weather was far worse at LO last out
2: It was on a Friday Night
3: Tickets were full price (Or $25 with a sausage)
4: There was only 2 games
5: We were playing a North Queensland Team

The Macarthur have the lamest excuses for not supporting "Their" Team I have ever come across
Its always the Ticket Prices - Saturday was $10
Value for money - 4 Quality Games
Lack of competition - Penrith is just up the road, Canberra is a top 8 team and a cruisy drive up the highway
WT's don't embrace the local community - Since round 2, They have been out there to no end, Promos for the local Juniors, Movie Nights, Instores... You name it.
(Next week when LO gets a bigger crowd, It will be because we won at Campbelltown)

I'm sick of the lack support for the Wests Tigers in the SWS being the Tigers Fault...
For the most part, Saturday was a great day for Footy.
4 Games from a local team at a bargain price
Local boy coming back from injury
The excuses are wearing a bit thin people....

Simple fact is, SWS aint what it was in 1987, Rugby League fans are the minority out there these days... It won't change anytime soon
Did you turn up

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

batboy

Post by batboy » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 8:02 pm

Yeah I did....
Was at both last home games
And?

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 8:16 pm

I find it hilarious some who manage to go to every game for whatever reason - or go to wet games, cold games, etc like to think theyre better than others, more of a supporter...laying guilt trips on others that couldnt/wouldnt or didnt attend for whatever reason that is no one elses business other than themselves

Some seem to feel they have to provide excuses for not going to those that did

The whole sham is pathetic, one big pissing contest

If youre life is that empty something like this makes you feel better then seek help.

Maybe we just need to accept OUR crowds are crap - period.
When the team starts playing better i know what will happen with the crowds, its a sure bet

Dont force your ethos onto others, we are all different

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 8:30 pm

Isn't it common sense to assume that crowds will be down when
- your team Isn't doing well
- it is raining
- you play out of town teams (Raiders and Cowboys)

Abraham

Post by Abraham » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 10:08 pm

Guys seriously, one troll lays the bait and the next three pages turn into a juvenile CSS v LO argument, like we have not been over this a thousand times before.

Reality is that if we were running second instead of second last, the crowd would have been more than double, regardless of the opposition, the weather, or any other excuses trotted out.

The crowd is what it is, and arguing on a forum ain't gonna change what has already happened... We start winning games and the crowds will magically increase.

Gazman

Post by Gazman » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 10:36 pm

I have a stripes out of town membership and despite getting two tickets with my membership for Allianz stadium which I have yet to use I have still enjoyed making the trip to CSS to support my team when I have been lucky to be in Sydney to watch a Saturday game. I would attend every home game there if I lived closer as I think having the benefit of a train station almost at the gates of the stadium is a huge plus. I am not sure if it just me but I find watching my team live is 100% better than on TV. .I have also made the trip to LO as many a time but getting there on PT not as easy as CSS.
I just cannot understand how supporters can pass up opportunities like this especially when this weekend there were four games on offer cheap tickets and for the greater part of the day /evening the rain mostly stayed away.
In the end seeing our teams come away with those victories makes me forget where we are on the ladder and just appreciate the moment.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 10:42 pm

The Macarthur have the lamest excuses for not supporting "Their" Team I have ever come across
Lack of competition - Penrith is just up the road, Canberra is a top 8 team and a cruisy drive up the highway
WT's don't embrace the local community - Since round 2, They have been out there to no end, Promos for the local Juniors, Movie Nights, Instores... You name it.
(Next week when LO gets a bigger crowd, It will be because we won at Campbelltown)

I'm sick of the lack support for the Wests Tigers in the SWS being the Tigers Fault...

Simple fact is, SWS aint what it was in 1987, Rugby League fans are the minority out there these days... It won't change anytime soon
So is the chest beating from people like you who constantly come on here and tell the world how inferior Ctown is to Leichhardt. Here's a thought, why don't you just be happy with the win? why should you or anyone else that isn't employed by the club care about the crowd figures, besides flaming the forums equivalent of kids arguing over who has the better action figure? its not leaving you out of pocket. Its always convenient excuses for LO. Against the Cows it was ''a great crowd and given weather and form, it was the equivalent to 20 thousand''. Circumstances aren't much different last night, infact the crowd figure was higher but as usual the crowd gets spat on. Thats not double standards at all is it?

May i suggest you stick to arguing with the fossils on the Magpie forum. Debating issues that only about 20 people care about and even less then that actually read

Clearly you've gotten some kind of strange satisfaction out of that poor crowd.

900large

Post by 900large » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 10:43 pm

Perhaps it's the grounds themselves. Lets split games between pratten park and birchgrove park.

900large

Post by 900large » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 10:44 pm

No forget that the lidcombe supporters will complain

tigertilidie

Post by tigertilidie » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 10:58 pm

innsaneink wrote:I find it hilarious some who manage to go to every game for whatever reason - or go to wet games, cold games, etc like to think theyre better than others, more of a supporter...laying guilt trips on others that couldnt/wouldnt or didnt attend for whatever reason that is no one elses business other than themselves

Some seem to feel they have to provide excuses for not going to those that did

The whole sham is pathetic, one big pissing contest

If youre life is that empty something like this makes you feel better then seek help.

Maybe we just need to accept OUR crowds are crap - period.
When the team starts playing better i know what will happen with the crowds, its a sure bet

Dont force your ethos onto others, we are all different
couldn't agree more

batboy

Post by batboy » Mon 24 Jun, 2013 9:34 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:

So is the chest beating from people like you who constantly come on here and tell the world how inferior Ctown is to Leichhardt. Here's a thought, why don't you just be happy with the win? why should you or anyone else that isn't employed by the club care about the crowd figures, besides flaming the forums equivalent of kids arguing over who has the better action figure? its not leaving you out of pocket. Its always convenient excuses for LO. Against the Cows it was ''a great crowd and given weather and form, it was the equivalent to 20 thousand''. Circumstances aren't much different last night, infact the crowd figure was higher but as usual the crowd gets spat on. Thats not double standards at all is it?

May i suggest you stick to arguing with the fossils on the Magpie forum. Debating issues that only about 20 people care about and even less then that actually read

And hear he is people... You clearly get some sort of satisfaction over posting straight after me, On this forum or any other... I'm flattered!!
I didn't say LO is better than Campbelltown, But it certainly had more excuses for being a rubbish crowd than CO did on Saturday. (Didn't stop you from driving the stick into LO though did it) Last Campbelltown home game you were on here whining tickets are overpriced, WT's doesn't engage the area... Rd 2 it was because we were crap in Rd 1... It was Frist home game of the season, With the team up the Road on a great Sunday Arvo!!
- No Crowd figures don't effect my pocket... But I do take it to heart simply because if our crowd figures DON'T improve, then we will be using this forum to argue about how good it was when we had a team.
YES... Our team is Struggling
But how does NOT GETTING OUT TO SUPPORT them help that?
Our crowd numbers should be more when we are struggling, Because by not turning up to support... Only adds fuel to the fire!!
You don't think we should be banding together and working as a unit to get our club back on track?? For the most part of Saturday was a Great day for Footy (The weather did turn later in the evening)
Tickets were a bargain price... If that's not enough for the "Locals" to get in the trenches and rally with the troops when we can use all the support we can get... I don't know what is.
And the fickle excuses really don't cut it....
NOW... I suggest you PM me your phone number, That way I can text you where and when I post - Will save you hours trolling for me to follow me up!!

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 24 Jun, 2013 10:16 am

The crowd reflected the current state of events:

We're second last;
The weather was piss poor (raining & freezing);
Our form, despite some recent wins, has still been ordinary;
Certain players on good coin not putting in (who'd want to part with their hard earned while someone who is on half a million dollars a year is paid to miss 9 tackles in a game.)

That would have been a poor turnout at Campbelltown, Leichhardt or the SFS. For God's sake, stop with the territorial chest-beating for a second and have some bloody objectivity.
Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Mon 24 Jun, 2013 10:27 am

wow. so much crap in this thread. Can we just lock it?

People call for unity on the board and they can't even have a bit of unity in the players...
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 24 Jun, 2013 10:36 am

batboy wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

And hear he is people... You clearly get some sort of satisfaction over posting straight after me, On this forum or any other... I'm flattered!!
I didn't say LO is better than Campbelltown, But it certainly had more excuses for being a rubbish crowd than CO did on Saturday. (Didn't stop you from driving the stick into LO though did it) Last Campbelltown home game you were on here whining tickets are overpriced, WT's doesn't engage the area... Rd 2 it was because we were crap in Rd 1... It was Frist home game of the season, With the team up the Road on a great Sunday Arvo!!
- No Crowd figures don't effect my pocket... But I do take it to heart simply because if our crowd figures DON'T improve, then we will be using this forum to argue about how good it was when we had a team.
YES... Our team is Struggling
But how does NOT GETTING OUT TO SUPPORT them help that?
Our crowd numbers should be more when we are struggling, Because by not turning up to support... Only adds fuel to the fire!!
You don't think we should be banding together and working as a unit to get our club back on track?? For the most part of Saturday was a Great day for Footy (The weather did turn later in the evening)
Tickets were a bargain price... If that's not enough for the "Locals" to get in the trenches and rally with the troops when we can use all the support we can get... I don't know what is.
And the fickle excuses really don't cut it....
NOW... I suggest you PM me your phone number, That way I can text you where and when I post - Will save you hours trolling for me to follow me up!!
I follow you? lol. That was the first time i remember having any interaction with you, don't flatter yourself sweetheart.

BTW i've never said one word about ticket prices, feel free to quote me if you wish. You really do your research with these things don;t you.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 24 Jun, 2013 10:43 am

Also Batboy, name a team in the comp who gets massive numbers when they are losing, i dare you

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 24 Jun, 2013 10:45 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:Also Batboy, name a team in the comp who gets massive numbers when they are losing, i dare you
Brisbane!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 24 Jun, 2013 10:46 am

Tiger Watto wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:Also Batboy, name a team in the comp who gets massive numbers when they are losing, i dare you
Brisbane!
They may lose, but they don't flounder at the bottom of the table