Crowd expectations

ImageImageImage
Tiger Watto

Re: Crowd expectations

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 24 Jun, 2013 10:50 am

Warriors and Parramatta averaged over 15k last year and they came last and second last didnt they?
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 24 Jun, 2013 11:04 am

Fair enough, but its still a minority of teams, we are the majority. Get over it and support the team instead of laying the boot into it to satisfy your own agenda to make yourself feel better. Spot on @ what CB said. Happy bday btw mate.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 24 Jun, 2013 11:09 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:Fair enough, but its still a minority of teams, we are the majority. Get over it and support the team instead of laying the boot into it to satisfy your own agenda to make yourself feel better. Spot on @ what CB said. Happy bday btw mate.
Ta mate. :)
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 24 Jun, 2013 11:11 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tiger Watto wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:Also Batboy, name a team in the comp who gets massive numbers when they are losing, i dare you
Brisbane!
They may lose, but they don't flounder at the bottom of the table
They are in 11th and only 2 points ahead of us (and + 175 f/a :lol: )

Get two teams in Brisbane and in the same position and see what happens then

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 24 Jun, 2013 11:19 am

happy tiger wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tiger Watto wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:Also Batboy, name a team in the comp who gets massive numbers when they are losing, i dare you
Brisbane!
They may lose, but they don't flounder at the bottom of the table
They are in 11th and only 2 points ahead of us (and + 175 f/a :lol: )

Get two teams in Brisbane and in the same position and see what happens then
In any case, when you have a city of 2.1 million people with one team to itself, you won't have dramas finding people to fill up Lang Park. Same with the Swans in the AFL, they manage to average 31,000 per game per year over the last ten years regardless of where they were on the ladder, keeping in mind every team is an out-of-state team until last year.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

tigerbalm

Post by tigerbalm » Mon 24 Jun, 2013 11:44 am

[quote="batboy"]Always the same excuses???
Last crowd at LO was worse... No Doubt. But in all reality
1: The weather was far worse at LO last out
2: It was on a Friday Night
3: Tickets were full price (Or $25 with a sausage)
4: There was only 2 games
5: We were playing a North Queensland Team

The Macarthur have the lamest excuses for not supporting "Their" Team I have ever come across
Its always the Ticket Prices - Saturday was $10
Value for money - 4 Quality Games
Lack of competition - Penrith is just up the road, Canberra is a top 8 team and a cruisy drive up the highway
WT's don't embrace the local community - Since round 2, They have been out there to no end, Promos for the local Juniors, Movie Nights, Instores... You name it.
(Next week when LO gets a bigger crowd, It will be because we won at Campbelltown)

I'm sick of the lack support for the Wests Tigers in the SWS being the Tigers Fault...
For the most part, Saturday was a great day for Footy.
4 Games from a local team at a bargain price
Local boy coming back from injury
The excuses are wearing a bit thin people....

Simple fact is, SWS aint what it was in 1987, Rugby League fans are the minority out there these days... It won't change anytime soon[/quote]

This has to be a gee up right? no one can be that ironic/moronic in one simple post by accident can they?

Soooo, if it didnt rain that faithful night LO would have been a sell out? cause, like you say "the weather was far worse at LO".
maybe if they had offered 10 bucks off the ticket price or even two free snags that would have led to another 5k turning up?

maybe if they had played a different team AND a few more games before the FG AND had it on a sunday afternoon...as long as it was sunny it would have been a bigger crowd.

So, just so we are clear. Cambo is full of weak excuses (still got a bigger crowd) but LO will draw a massive crowd if

-ITS PLAYED ON A SUNDAY AFTERNOON
-CHEAPER TICKETS
-2 FREE SAUSAGES
- VS LOCAL TEAM..THATS DOING WELL
-ITS BETWEEN 15-22 DEGREE SMALL AMOUNT OF CLOUD COVER BUT DRY

Sweet.

anyways, it will be a non-issue soon enough. Once L/O is not part of our home ground we can finally move from this trash.

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Mon 24 Jun, 2013 1:03 pm

innsaneink wrote:I find it hilarious some who manage to go to every game for whatever reason - or go to wet games, cold games, etc like to think theyre better than others, more of a supporter...laying guilt trips on others that couldnt/wouldnt or didnt attend for whatever reason that is no one elses business other than themselves

Some seem to feel they have to provide excuses for not going to those that did

The whole sham is pathetic, one big pissing contest

If youre life is that empty something like this makes you feel better then seek help.

Maybe we just need to accept OUR crowds are crap - period.
When the team starts playing better i know what will happen with the crowds, its a sure bet

Dont force your ethos onto others, we are all different
best post of this season.
thanks Ink :D
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

batboy

Post by batboy » Mon 24 Jun, 2013 1:45 pm

I prefer Campbelltown stadium...
For many different reasons!!
But I'm kinda getting sick of no-one turning up to games there and it being someone elses fault...
So far, Campbelltown has had the better Sheduling and better value for money this year, But the numbers aren't through the
gate... That is MY ONLY gripe. And yeah, LO has has some pretty p*ss poor crowds this year as well...
But I didn't see a potload of the inner west fans on hear citing Price, Lack of Competition or Our team doesn't love us for the poor crowd.
Mistake it for what you will, chest beating, Us v Them... Whatever.... It's more of a concern than anything else.
What I want to know... Is what more can WT's do to get at least one decent sized crowd at Cambo this year?
They're obviously trying to......

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 24 Jun, 2013 1:47 pm

They just released a $50 Membership for 3 games?
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 24 Jun, 2013 1:49 pm

batboy wrote:I prefer Campbelltown stadium...
For many different reasons!!
But I'm kinda getting sick of no-one turning up to games there and it being someone elses fault...
So far, Campbelltown has had the better Sheduling and better value for money this year, But the numbers aren't through the
gate... That is MY ONLY gripe. And yeah, LO has has some pretty p*ss poor crowds this year as well...
But I didn't see a potload of the inner west fans on hear citing Price, Lack of Competition or Our team doesn't love us for the poor crowd.
Mistake it for what you will, chest beating, Us v Them... Whatever.... It's more of a concern than anything else.
What I want to know... Is what more can WT's do to get at least one decent sized crowd at Cambo this year?
They're obviously trying to......
I don't see anyone on here saying that about Cambo either. I think you must have us confused with that other forum you frequent. Take it up with them.

Robz

Post by Robz » Mon 24 Jun, 2013 1:55 pm

Well from the article a few months back can't find it at the moment R19 will be the last game played at LO with the split for next season being sfs and CSS.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
Welcome to the Jungle!

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Mon 24 Jun, 2013 2:00 pm

To those that didn't get to go for whatever reason ....... you missed a good night out and
a good result ;)

tigertilidie

Post by tigertilidie » Mon 24 Jun, 2013 2:32 pm

Robz wrote:Well from the article a few months back can't find it at the moment R19 will be the last game played at LO with the split for next season being sfs and CSS.

what are they getting rid of LO as one of our home grounds ?

Robz

Post by Robz » Mon 24 Jun, 2013 2:39 pm

tigertilidie wrote:
Robz wrote:Well from the article a few months back can't find it at the moment R19 will be the last game played at LO with the split for next season being sfs and CSS.

Something about no government funding for an upgrade. Was while humpty was in charge. And the nrl stadium planning with the state government. As a balmain local hope it's not true but if it is sfs is a nice ground I won't have an issue going there to watch the team.

Welcome to the Jungle!

tigertilidie

Post by tigertilidie » Mon 24 Jun, 2013 2:56 pm

Robz wrote:
tigertilidie wrote:

Something about no government funding for an upgrade. Was while humpty was in charge. And the nrl stadium planning with the state government. As a balmain local hope it's not true but if it is sfs is a nice ground I won't have an issue going there to watch the team.

I hope they don't get rid of the hill if they have upgrades. that is one of the main reasons i love going to LO

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 24 Jun, 2013 3:08 pm

tigertilidie wrote:
Robz wrote:
tigertilidie wrote:

I hope they don't get rid of the hill if they have upgrades. that is one of the main reasons i love going to LO
I think at this point i time an upgrade for LO would be like a band-aid on a bullet wound. No way will the government approve any upgrade of significance that will prolong our presence there. I don't know how much longer we have there, next yr is premature but id say within 10 yrs we'll be out of there.
Last edited by GNR4LIFE on Mon 24 Jun, 2013 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Robz

Post by Robz » Mon 24 Jun, 2013 3:13 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
tigertilidie wrote:
Robz wrote:
tigertilidie wrote: what are they getting rid of LO as one of our home grounds ?

I think in this point of time an upgrade for LO would be like a band-aid on a bullet wound. No way will the government approve any upgrade of significance that will prolong our presence there. I don't know how much longer we have there, next yr is premature but id say within 10 yrs we'll be out of there.

Long quote haha. Yep next 5 years I say it will happen & keep the inner west fans happy sfs was marked down as LO replacement. The team will be better for it imo anyway. Sad but have to move with the times and into the future.

Welcome to the Jungle!

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 24 Jun, 2013 6:13 pm

I love Leichhardt but if it is getting in the road of club profitability and long term stability, I support the move to the SFS, we actually get paid to play there.

Madge's Maulers.