Benji man of the match

ImageImageImage
ragedmachine

Re: Benji man of the match

Post by ragedmachine » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 8:23 am

I didn't think Marshall was too great as the media are making out. I think they are praising him for not making errors (apart from when he ran out of the in goal from the Brett white drop and made that stupid pass).

If he didn't kick that field goal no one would be talking about him

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 1:54 pm

ragedmachine wrote:I didn't think Marshall was too great as the media are making out. I think they are praising him for not making errors (apart from when he ran out of the in goal from the Brett white drop and made that stupid pass).

A very young side was directed very well. Who do you think did that?

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 2:06 pm

Peaches wrote:
ragedmachine wrote:I didn't think Marshall was too great as the media are making out. I think they are praising him for not making errors (apart from when he ran out of the in goal from the Brett white drop and made that stupid pass).

To be honest, Fulton was giving alot more direction even at scrums than Benji. What Benji did last night which he hasnt been doing this year was take on the no.7 role, which is to push the team down the park, bookend sets with a decent kick. Dont confuse that with being a general.

I am extremely happy for both him and the team that he obviously put more effort this week into positioning himself better on the last tackle to take the kicks. he also seemed alot more controlled. Its this type of basic footy which he needs as a platform to go buck wild off... pick his moments more so than force every touch.

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 2:33 pm

Black'n'White wrote:
Peaches wrote:

To be honest, Fulton was giving alot more direction even at scrums than Benji. What Benji did last night which he hasnt been doing this year was take on the no.7 role, which is to push the team down the park, bookend sets with a decent kick. Dont confuse that with being a general.

I am extremely happy for both him and the team that he obviously put more effort this week into positioning himself better on the last tackle to take the kicks. he also seemed alot more controlled. Its this type of basic footy which he needs as a platform to go buck wild off... pick his moments more so than force every touch.
I'm not doubting Fulton wasn't giving direction. My reply was to the opinion of the original post that Marshall was ordinary/solid where my opinion is that he was better then that. The dummy half should always be doing as you said as he is the only one guaranteed to get his hands on the ball each play. I think Fulton did what Masada should have last week. Provide good service to Benji (especially on the last tackle) and Curtis and keep it simple.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 3:29 pm

If Farah is ever injured again and Potter can't promote Luani for whatever reason, Fulton must take precedence over Iosefa. Looked a better team with Fulton there.

And the sky is filled with light, can you see it?
And the black is really white, if you believe it.
And the longing that you feel, you know none of this is real;
You will find a better place, in this twilight...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 5:18 pm

Black'n'White wrote:What Benji did last night which he hasnt been doing this year was take on the no.7 role, which is to push the team down the park, bookend sets with a decent kick. Dont confuse that with being a general.

Benji was also playing in tighter and was typically inside Sirro. The main point though is that Benji was controlled and had very few errors in his game. If he does this he becomes a real quality half. When his errors are significant he simply isn't worth his pay rate.

tigertales

Post by tigertales » Fri 28 Jun, 2013 5:44 pm

Oh please stop it....it wasnt that Benji was good at all, his first half was ordinary, it was simply that he wasn't bad this week. Don't know about you guys but if one player is taking up 1/6th of my teams salary cap I would want him at least at that level every week, not being praised when he finally does his job.