Adam Blair 155 metres

ImageImageImage
Black'n'White

Re: Adam Blair 155 metres

Post by Black'n'White » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 1:46 pm

willow wrote:
Eye Of Da Tiger wrote:Officially 140 metres still a good effort a great one for him
Yes, now if he can only translate those sorts of stats if he reverts to the backrow once Woods and Galloway are fit and firing. We need Blair to be what Ellis was, a bloke who can consistently dent the line and make over 100 metres in attack and rack up 30 tackles. If Blair can do that with a fit Woods and Galloway on the field, and the likes of Sue, Buchanan and Seumanufagai putting in, our pack will stand up to most.
I wouldnt send Blair back to be an Ellis... I wouldnt try to make him something he isnt, I would drop Sue back to second row he is already in the mould, hits with agression, runs with venom, and has a workrate to suit.

willow

Post by willow » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 3:00 pm

Black'n'White wrote:
willow wrote:
Eye Of Da Tiger wrote:Officially 140 metres still a good effort a great one for him
Yes, now if he can only translate those sorts of stats if he reverts to the backrow once Woods and Galloway are fit and firing. We need Blair to be what Ellis was, a bloke who can consistently dent the line and make over 100 metres in attack and rack up 30 tackles. If Blair can do that with a fit Woods and Galloway on the field, and the likes of Sue, Buchanan and Seumanufagai putting in, our pack will stand up to most.
I wouldnt send Blair back to be an Ellis... I wouldnt try to make him something he isnt, I would drop Sue back to second row he is already in the mould, hits with agression, runs with venom, and has a workrate to suit.
What do we do with Blair though? He's not good enough to displace Woods and Galloway from the front row, unless we make a prop interchange...

Bazzinator

Post by Bazzinator » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 3:05 pm

i think blairs best role is in the middle if he can get firing whats stopping him playing like a trent merrin, paul gallen at their clubs and being played as a lock and basically running 3 props with fulton and sue on the edges. that is probably the best pack we can hope for

Post by Guest » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 3:07 pm

Guys he had 20 runs so obviously he would get over 100m

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 3:07 pm

willow wrote:
Black'n'White wrote:
willow wrote:
What do we do with Blair though? He's not good enough to displace Woods and Galloway from the front row, unless we make a prop interchange...
why cant Potter think of that?

Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 3:15 pm

We could try him at 13 to keep him in the middle more? But matt bell was also quite good there.

Also, lotta talk of sirro at 13. I reckon he would be better at 11 or 12. Kinda like SBW with the ballplaying skills which are mostly from passing not kicking.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Robz

Post by Robz » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 3:22 pm

Play him @ lock or interchange prop. His playing alot better in the middle since the move into prop. Blair taupau rotation off the bench for next season if potter wants anasta at 13.

Welcome to the Jungle!

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 3:27 pm

What our best forward pack can be, and what it will be are 2 different things. For instance Anasta, I doubt we will be looking for a fill in 7 until Brooks is ready, we will just run with Siro and Marshall, so Anasta will eat either Lock or a Second row spot.

Other than that I agree with Bazz. 2nd row of Fulton, Sue with Thompson on the bench, and run with either a 5 or 6 prop rotation seeing as we dont have an big minute Lock. Woods, Sauce, Kapow, Blair, Ava and Gavet if he fires, if not Buchannen... thats not a bad bunch and can cover injury well.

It all depends on how Potter runs his bench, we dont really need to carry 2 2nd rowers on the pine, Fulton and Sue seem to do well for long stints. So the real question is will we carry a utility back maybe?

Either way, we dont have a real Lock so to speak, and dont see the use. Just run it like an extra prop and with clever rotation we wont need to ask long stints.

So I suppose, leave Blair up front. We are never going to get evens for his pay scale anyway, I dont think he was ever worth it.

Paris Cobbs

Post by Paris Cobbs » Mon 24 Jun, 2013 5:58 pm

All of a sudden we havé an embarrassent of riches in both backs and forwards.

One key point that I think has not been mentioned yet is that Benji/Sirro is the best half/five eight combo we have had since Benji/Lui, or maybe even Benji/Prince. And it is getting better every week. We are turning Sirro into a footballer capable of playing just about anywhere. He is becoming a ball player as well as hard-hitting runner.

The most difficult remaining question is STILL what to do with Braith Anasta? He's played well and has been more than useful for his experience, but we still don't have a spot for him unless we have another bad run of injuries.
Cheering for the mighty Wests Tigers, all the way from France.

westy81

Post by westy81 » Mon 24 Jun, 2013 6:03 pm

I was very shocked when I seen his numbers for the game, and just hope now he will carry on doing that every week it would be fantastic if we have Blair and woods doing 150+ meters every game
GO THE TIGERS !!!!

astrotrevor

Post by astrotrevor » Tue 25 Jun, 2013 11:01 pm

In the injury updates video, did Andrew Leeds suggest Blair possibly had a collision with Iosefa in that tackle that resulted in Iosefa's broken arm???

Brings back memories of Blair's collision that broke Tuqiri's forearm:/

Our terrible luck with injuries...

ANYWAYS, really great game by Blair. Amazing effort stepping up! hoping he will keep improving!