Adam Blair 155 metres

ImageImageImage
stevetiger

Re: Adam Blair 155 metres

Post by stevetiger » Sat 22 Jun, 2013 10:28 pm

tigersrule4life wrote:We know his a top player wish he always plays like that.
I don't think he is a top player. I think he is a decent prop with good footwork, a decent passing game and a good play the ball.

The problem is that he has been played as a running backrower when that isn't his thing. He is still overpaid for what he offers us but at least we get some value out of him now.

The_Doc

Post by The_Doc » Sat 22 Jun, 2013 11:43 pm

MacDougall wrote:Tbh Adam doesn't really get a chance to put in that many hit ups because Woods does it all so effectively. Why would you throw it to Adam when Woods is better at it?
Just imagine how much more effective Woodsy could be if he wasn't so tired from doing all Blairs work too, Blair proved he can do it now do it week in and week out like woods and watch the pressure valve release

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sat 22 Jun, 2013 11:50 pm

Yeah I don't think so. Woods doesn't seem to be affected by the workload. If anything it's the fact that he gets through the work that makes him so good and effective. If he had other guys to carry the workrate it'd bring him back to the pack a bit in my eyes.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sat 22 Jun, 2013 11:52 pm

MacDougall wrote:Yeah I don't think so. Woods doesn't seem to be affected by the workload. If anything it's the fact that he gets through the work that makes him so good and effective. If he had other guys to carry the workrate it'd bring him back to the pack a bit in my eyes.
I think you are right mate. His carries are always good but they are more impressive because of how many he does.

I would mind seeing experiment with a a slightly lower workrate to see if he can be even
more effective.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Danoss

Post by Danoss » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 12:02 am

MacDougall wrote:Tbh Adam doesn't really get a chance to put in that many hit ups because Woods does it all so effectively. Why would you throw it to Adam when Woods is better at it?
Because he can't carry the ball 5 times in every set of six. Gallen has a pretty high workrate. It doesnt stop Lewis, Graham, Fifita & Heighington from putting up big numbers and lots of carries.

There's no reason why Blair can't do the same when Woods is in the 17.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 12:08 am

I'm sure it's coached that way. Tbh Blair got through lots of work tonight but it wasn't really quality at all. It just looked like he was doing it to show that he can. It's better than anything else he's dished up though and you're right, if he was doing that beside Woods it'd be good for us. But I'm sure he's coached to be more of a creator type forward ala Payten. I don't remember Payten getting over 100m too many times but he was hardly ever lambasted for it. Different type of forwards.

Bengal Tiger

Post by Bengal Tiger » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 12:10 am

Needs to bulk up more and stay in the front row. Could start to find some of his old form.

Danoss

Post by Danoss » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 12:11 am

Yeah I get your point. But I'm not so sure, I dont think Potter moved him into the front row to be a creator.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 12:13 am

Nah you're right he moved him into the front row to put in effort... and since he moved him he's done what was expected of him.

Not a Blair sympathiser but I do tend towards the opinion that he is measured with a long yardstick.

Danoss

Post by Danoss » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 12:31 am

MacDougall wrote:Nah you're right he moved him into the front row to put in effort... and since he moved him he's done what was expected of him.

Not a Blair sympathiser but I do tend towards the opinion that he is measured with a long yardstick.
Yeah I know what you mean. I don't expect him to play like Gallen every week, he's not that kind of player. I think fans are frustrated because he's 27 years old and should be in his prime, playing the best football in his career so far. But his career best was about 3 years ago. He has it in him though, tonight showed that. Nothing stopping him from doing it more consistently.

Blair Battalion

Post by Blair Battalion » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 12:42 am

I'm really glad I'm not the only one who noticed his meters tonight. He really filled the role of Aaron woods to perfection tonight. Front row is his position at the Wests Tigers

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Eye Of Da Tiger

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 7:30 am

Officially 140 metres still a good effort a great one for him

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 9:18 am

hope we keep him, he will get better once we have some good cattle around him. a pack with woods, galloway, sue, our new dogs signing,gravet, and maybe frank the tank, from easts, we will seen the best of blair.

tigersrule4life

Post by tigersrule4life » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 9:21 am

bp tiger wrote:hope we keep him, he will get better once we have some good cattle around him. a pack with woods, galloway, sue, our new dogs signing,gravet, and maybe frank the tank, from easts, we will seen the best of blair.
True were starting to build a good foward pack for next year and our intirm ceo said were after more players lets see who we sign in the comming weeks.

Basil Tiger

Post by Basil Tiger » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 9:23 am

Yeah.great win,Blair is starting to show some form,lets hope it continues.
Greetings All,from far Northern NSW.

willow

Post by willow » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 9:35 am

Eye Of Da Tiger wrote:Officially 140 metres still a good effort a great one for him
Yes, now if he can only translate those sorts of stats if he reverts to the backrow once Woods and Galloway are fit and firing. We need Blair to be what Ellis was, a bloke who can consistently dent the line and make over 100 metres in attack and rack up 30 tackles. If Blair can do that with a fit Woods and Galloway on the field, and the likes of Sue, Buchanan and Seumanufagai putting in, our pack will stand up to most.

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 11:28 am

What a load of crap saying woods takes all his hit ups so that limits Blair .
Blair has the same opportunity as woods ,it's just that woodsy wants it more and puts in harder .there is six tackles in every set guys .

Milky

Post by Milky » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 11:33 am

Imagine the pack works like that every week with Galloway, Tapau Woods putting in about 120m as well. They are capeable of doing that and they should.