Adam Blair 155 metres

ImageImageImage
stevetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5111
Joined: Mon 25 Feb, 2013 7:59 am

Re: Adam Blair 155 metres

Post by stevetiger » Sat 22 Jun, 2013 10:28 pm

tigersrule4life wrote:We know his a top player wish he always plays like that.
I don't think he is a top player. I think he is a decent prop with good footwork, a decent passing game and a good play the ball.

The problem is that he has been played as a running backrower when that isn't his thing. He is still overpaid for what he offers us but at least we get some value out of him now.


The_Doc
Member
Member
Posts: 956
Joined: Sat 03 Oct, 2009 11:18 am
Location: Central Coast

Post by The_Doc » Sat 22 Jun, 2013 11:43 pm

MacDougall wrote:Tbh Adam doesn't really get a chance to put in that many hit ups because Woods does it all so effectively. Why would you throw it to Adam when Woods is better at it?
Just imagine how much more effective Woodsy could be if he wasn't so tired from doing all Blairs work too, Blair proved he can do it now do it week in and week out like woods and watch the pressure valve release

User avatar
MacDougall
Member
Member
Posts: 7967
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 4:03 am
Location: Brisbane, QLD

Post by MacDougall » Sat 22 Jun, 2013 11:50 pm

Yeah I don't think so. Woods doesn't seem to be affected by the workload. If anything it's the fact that he gets through the work that makes him so good and effective. If he had other guys to carry the workrate it'd bring him back to the pack a bit in my eyes.

southerntiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4393
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:24 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by southerntiger » Sat 22 Jun, 2013 11:52 pm

MacDougall wrote:Yeah I don't think so. Woods doesn't seem to be affected by the workload. If anything it's the fact that he gets through the work that makes him so good and effective. If he had other guys to carry the workrate it'd bring him back to the pack a bit in my eyes.
I think you are right mate. His carries are always good but they are more impressive because of how many he does.

I would mind seeing experiment with a a slightly lower workrate to see if he can be even
more effective.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Danoss
Member
Member
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon 20 May, 2013 12:39 pm

Post by Danoss » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 12:02 am

MacDougall wrote:Tbh Adam doesn't really get a chance to put in that many hit ups because Woods does it all so effectively. Why would you throw it to Adam when Woods is better at it?
Because he can't carry the ball 5 times in every set of six. Gallen has a pretty high workrate. It doesnt stop Lewis, Graham, Fifita & Heighington from putting up big numbers and lots of carries.

There's no reason why Blair can't do the same when Woods is in the 17.


User avatar
MacDougall
Member
Member
Posts: 7967
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 4:03 am
Location: Brisbane, QLD

Post by MacDougall » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 12:08 am

I'm sure it's coached that way. Tbh Blair got through lots of work tonight but it wasn't really quality at all. It just looked like he was doing it to show that he can. It's better than anything else he's dished up though and you're right, if he was doing that beside Woods it'd be good for us. But I'm sure he's coached to be more of a creator type forward ala Payten. I don't remember Payten getting over 100m too many times but he was hardly ever lambasted for it. Different type of forwards.

Bengal Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 231
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 8:34 pm

Post by Bengal Tiger » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 12:10 am

Needs to bulk up more and stay in the front row. Could start to find some of his old form.

Danoss
Member
Member
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon 20 May, 2013 12:39 pm

Post by Danoss » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 12:11 am

Yeah I get your point. But I'm not so sure, I dont think Potter moved him into the front row to be a creator.

User avatar
MacDougall
Member
Member
Posts: 7967
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 4:03 am
Location: Brisbane, QLD

Post by MacDougall » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 12:13 am

Nah you're right he moved him into the front row to put in effort... and since he moved him he's done what was expected of him.

Not a Blair sympathiser but I do tend towards the opinion that he is measured with a long yardstick.

Danoss
Member
Member
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon 20 May, 2013 12:39 pm

Post by Danoss » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 12:31 am

MacDougall wrote:Nah you're right he moved him into the front row to put in effort... and since he moved him he's done what was expected of him.

Not a Blair sympathiser but I do tend towards the opinion that he is measured with a long yardstick.
Yeah I know what you mean. I don't expect him to play like Gallen every week, he's not that kind of player. I think fans are frustrated because he's 27 years old and should be in his prime, playing the best football in his career so far. But his career best was about 3 years ago. He has it in him though, tonight showed that. Nothing stopping him from doing it more consistently.

Blair Battalion
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon 04 Jun, 2012 9:32 pm

Post by Blair Battalion » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 12:42 am

I'm really glad I'm not the only one who noticed his meters tonight. He really filled the role of Aaron woods to perfection tonight. Front row is his position at the Wests Tigers

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Eye Of Da Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2020
Joined: Wed 16 Jan, 2013 10:49 pm

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 7:30 am

Officially 140 metres still a good effort a great one for him

bp tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2497
Joined: Sun 19 Jun, 2011 6:35 pm

Post by bp tiger » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 9:18 am

hope we keep him, he will get better once we have some good cattle around him. a pack with woods, galloway, sue, our new dogs signing,gravet, and maybe frank the tank, from easts, we will seen the best of blair.

User avatar
tigersrule4life
Member
Member
Posts: 2565
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 9:00 am

Post by tigersrule4life » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 9:21 am

bp tiger wrote:hope we keep him, he will get better once we have some good cattle around him. a pack with woods, galloway, sue, our new dogs signing,gravet, and maybe frank the tank, from easts, we will seen the best of blair.
True were starting to build a good foward pack for next year and our intirm ceo said were after more players lets see who we sign in the comming weeks.

User avatar
Basil Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 570
Joined: Tue 18 Sep, 2012 10:35 am
Location: Northern NSW(ex-Sydney).

Post by Basil Tiger » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 9:23 am

Yeah.great win,Blair is starting to show some form,lets hope it continues.
Greetings All,from far Northern NSW.

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 33081
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Post by willow » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 9:35 am

Eye Of Da Tiger wrote:Officially 140 metres still a good effort a great one for him
Yes, now if he can only translate those sorts of stats if he reverts to the backrow once Woods and Galloway are fit and firing. We need Blair to be what Ellis was, a bloke who can consistently dent the line and make over 100 metres in attack and rack up 30 tackles. If Blair can do that with a fit Woods and Galloway on the field, and the likes of Sue, Buchanan and Seumanufagai putting in, our pack will stand up to most.

1/4 chicken,chips
Member
Member
Posts: 1638
Joined: Sat 30 Jul, 2011 10:28 am

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 11:28 am

What a load of crap saying woods takes all his hit ups so that limits Blair .
Blair has the same opportunity as woods ,it's just that woodsy wants it more and puts in harder .there is six tackles in every set guys .

User avatar
Milky
Member
Member
Posts: 5343
Joined: Fri 29 Mar, 2013 7:08 pm

Post by Milky » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 11:33 am

Imagine the pack works like that every week with Galloway, Tapau Woods putting in about 120m as well. They are capeable of doing that and they should.

Post Reply