Return of the attacking Tigers?

ImageImageImage
Moh

Return of the attacking Tigers?

Post by Moh » Sat 22 Jun, 2013 9:41 pm

The defence was great. But how good was it seeing us going for set plays? And a lot of them were very smooth.

We've rarely seen one a game, but tonight there were a few and really had the Raiders on the back foot. When Robbie returns this will get even better.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 22 Jun, 2013 9:49 pm

I think Meaney had a fair bit to do with that as well as the expansive roll Fulton is playing.

My only criticism of Teddy has been his lack of real prowess chiming in as an extra man/ball player. The first try showed how essential it is and how effective it can be

Eye Of Da Tiger

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Sat 22 Jun, 2013 9:53 pm

Got to say it was a pleasant change. Hope they can keep it up. That's how we win games Tiges

Moh

Post by Moh » Sat 22 Jun, 2013 9:54 pm

True about Teddy. He is more of a running fullback.

Much like Slater predominately is, but over the years he's developed a good ball-playing game. Which I'm sure Teddy will eventually develop himself.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sat 22 Jun, 2013 9:56 pm

Moh wrote:The defence was great. But how good was it seeing us going for set plays? And a lot of them were very smooth.

We've rarely seen one a game, but tonight there were a few and really had the Raiders on the back foot. When Robbie returns this will get even better.
It made a lot of difference tonight. I assume that Potter was the instigator.

Irvine

Post by Irvine » Sat 22 Jun, 2013 10:03 pm

The penny finally dropped for Potter during the week. Chris Lawrence said they have been concentrating on attack all week. Potter you are one strange dude but eventually you get there...even showing emotion... well knock me down with a feather...what next hugs all around.

stryker

Post by stryker » Sat 22 Jun, 2013 11:18 pm

Irvine wrote:The penny finally dropped for Potter during the week. Chris Lawrence said they have been concentrating on attack all week. Potter you are one strange dude but eventually you get there...even showing emotion... well knock me down with a feather...what next hugs all around.
Yeah my thoughts as well. Potter has stifled our attack this year for some bloody reason but the Penrith game and tonights game showed he may be going back towards our strengths.
I understand our defence needs attention as it is childlike most of the time but you can not neglect attack.

Winnipeg

Post by Winnipeg » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 12:36 am

I think the strength of our attacking game is most often dictated by the strength of the defence, and the a raiders had an off night

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 8:31 pm

Moh wrote:True about Teddy. He is more of a running fullback.

Much like Slater predominately is, but over the years he's developed a good ball-playing game. Which I'm sure Teddy will eventually develop himself.

I still rate Teddy higher than Meaney

Geez meaney had me filling the swear jar last night with the simple ball handling errors he made.
He was too casual with returns too for my liking. Teddy grabs the ball and heads down field straight away instead of fluffling around -except for when he loses his footing.

bbtigers81

Post by bbtigers81 » Mon 24 Jun, 2013 8:44 am

I thought that Meaney was pretty good. I like the way that he calmed down Simona at the end of the game after catching that bomb to run down the clock. I think that Tedesco is a better fullback, but is anyone els curious about the amount of times that he slips over when returning the ball or trying to get up to full pace? I reckon it's happened at least a couple of times in every game I've seen him play.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 24 Jun, 2013 9:22 am

Winnipeg wrote:I think the strength of our attacking game is most often dictated by the strength of the defence, and the a raiders had an off night
I think the poor weather held the Raiders back and we didn't get to see their best.

Have to say though, a mate of mine whom is a Raiders fan was having a sook that the Raiders were missing three players was priceless.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...