Chris Lawrence

ImageImageImage
Anthism

Chris Lawrence

Post by Anthism » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 8:56 am

stryker wrote:
southerntiger wrote:
That being said, I an still hoping (perhaps vainly) that CW can recover his form at centre. IMHO he was the best centre in the world in 2010.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
Really? I think Chris is overrated as a center and should have been moved from there a while ago. He has good front on defence but laterally he is an easy beat. He has always been a pretty poor defender like this. Remember when he first hit grade? Sheens put him on the wing and he scored many tries. It looked like a master stroke but I am sure it was designed to hide him in defence. If he still had his pace that is where I would play him. However he doesnt so a LL type clone will work for now.

As for the best center in the world....not even in the top 5 mate. He had a lot of competition - not just from NSW but Queensland especially and then NZ and GB. He wasnt in that class for mine.
Disagree Stryker. Name them because I can't think of any from NZ/GB and I don't think Hodges/Inglis had the greatest of years in comparison. He would have got a spot in Kangaroos on form but too young and previously mentioned players would be there on reputation no matter what.
Why wouldn't you put someone with that kind of speed on the wing upon entering 1st grade? Hardest hitter still in our team today. Games like last night will do him good
Tackle on mcCrone was clean and would have been a great play and his tap to Simona were highlights

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 9:41 am

Danoss wrote:I hope Potter gives him the same role next week - coming off the bench and playing as a wide backrower suits him and it's best for the team right now. He shouldn't be usurping a centre position in his second game back from a long layoff, especially given his prior form this season.
A wide backrower coming off the bench is the best option at the moment for him and the team.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 9:44 am

stryker wrote:
southerntiger wrote:
That being said, I an still hoping (perhaps vainly) that CW can recover his form at centre. IMHO he was the best centre in the world in 2010.

Really? I think Chris is overrated as a center and should have been moved from there a while ago. He has good front on defence but laterally he is an easy beat. He has always been a pretty poor defender like this. Remember when he first hit grade? Sheens put him on the wing and he scored many tries. It looked like a master stroke but I am sure it was designed to hide him in defence. If he still had his pace that is where I would play him. However he doesnt so a LL type clone will work for now.

As for the best center in the world....not even in the top 5 mate. He had a lot of competition - not just from NSW but Queensland especially and then NZ and GB. He wasnt in that class for mine.
Stand by it. Chris has good speed, see his try against the Sharks at leichhardt that year where he left gardiner for dead. He also had an unparalled ability to unlock his winger. Something we have been seriously lacking this year.

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 10:42 am

he played centre all night when he came on, reddy moved to the backrow.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 11:09 am

We called for a stint at backrower a while ago and I like it thus far. The fact he can alternate that step wider is an asset as well

alex

Post by alex » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 11:15 am

Thought he had a very solid game tonight. Seemed to be running freely - not the crap limping and weak jogging we saw earlier in the season.

Our back five at the moment are playing great. I'd have Koroibete come back through State Cup. His positioning in defence is very suspect and while Nofoaluma, Reddy, Ayshford, Lawrence and Simona are playing great footy I'd rather have them in the top grade

Milky

Post by Milky » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 11:17 am

bp tiger wrote:he played centre all night when he came on, reddy moved to the backrow.
No he didn't

mtd

Post by mtd » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 11:37 am

Milky wrote:
bp tiger wrote:he played centre all night when he came on, reddy moved to the backrow.
No he didn't
x 2... lawrence was 3 in defensively.

Milky

Post by Milky » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 11:38 am

mtd wrote:
Milky wrote:
No he didn't
Yep and Reddy scored the try from center correct me if I am wrong. :sign:

Tiger_Al

Post by Tiger_Al » Mon 24 Jun, 2013 3:54 pm

Milky wrote:
mtd wrote:
Milky wrote:
No he didn't

I thought Reddy scored that try from the backrow, because Lawrence and Simona were seen in a wider position as Reddy went through the hole infield.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Mon 24 Jun, 2013 5:06 pm

lawrence wrapped around reddy for that try. was a good play.

maybe we are all wrong and he was playing halfback with sirro in the backrow? O_o

lol let's just leave it as it is
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

The Phantom

Post by The Phantom » Mon 24 Jun, 2013 5:40 pm

king sirro wrote:Reddy moved to the backrow

Yes I think Reddy went to back row, and CW stayed as left centre

Wagga Tiger

Post by Wagga Tiger » Mon 24 Jun, 2013 6:04 pm

I would have sworn black and blue that Chris was in the second row but i just watched the replay of the second half and he was definately at left centre.

Danoss

Post by Danoss » Mon 24 Jun, 2013 9:25 pm

Milky wrote:
mtd wrote:
Milky wrote:
No he didn't
I rewatched the game today. Lawrence was playing centre every second he was on the park. Once he came on Reddy played the remainder of the game in the backrow.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 24 Jun, 2013 9:30 pm

Good to see Rowdy back