Nofo & Ayshford

ImageImageImage
smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Nofo & Ayshford

Post by smeghead » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 11:15 am

Have been talking to batboy and others for ages and we have always thought the promotion of Nofo would bring out the best in Ayshford and I think it is steadily becoming the reality. He has real confidence in the kid to pass too in tighter situations. Something he has lacked in his outside men for some time

Great to see

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 11:19 am

Nofo is all class .
Our injury crisis as forced quite a few players to be promoted to the top side and when all are fit we will be travelling well . We just need patience , it probably won't happen this year , but it will happen

Milky

Post by Milky » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 11:28 am

Nofo is a great young talent, to be honest I never expected him to play this well. At this stage I would be picking him ahead of any other player in the backline followed by Simona, I absolutely love the two.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 11:30 am

Wingers with genuine pace.

Nofo & Tim could run the length of the field before Lete & Beau reached the 40 metre line. Not to mention Koro as well

Kul

Post by Kul » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 11:34 am

What are you suggesting Smeg?

1. Teddy

2. Nofo
3. Aysh

4. Simona
5. Koro
Founder - WestsTigersForum.com

Milky

Post by Milky » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 11:34 am

smeghead wrote:Wingers with genuine pace.

Nofo & Tim could run the length of the field before Lete & Beau reached the 40 metre line. Not to mention Koro as well
Who was whinging? I said I love the two..

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 12:13 pm

smeghead wrote:Have been talking to batboy and others for ages and we have always thought the promotion of Nofo would bring out the best in Ayshford and I think it is steadily becoming the reality. He has real confidence in the kid to pass too in tighter situations. Something he has lacked in his outside men for some time

Great to see
Ayshford did one pass. When he starts passing the ball regularly to Nofo we can start to get excited.

IMHO his failure to pass the ball for two years had nothing to do with trust or confidence in his outside men. It was because Ayshford just instinctively tries to beat his man every play and is usually too slow to do so.

If Blake can learn to commit his man and pass, we will have a very dangerous right side flank.

If he passes more, it will also put the defence in two minds so that he might slip through himself from time to time.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 12:46 pm

Milky wrote:

Winger, the guy who plays on the wing ;)

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 12:47 pm

Milky wrote:

:?
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 12:47 pm

Kul wrote:What are you suggesting Smeg?

1. Teddy

2. Nofo
3. Aysh

4. Simona
5. Koro
Sounds like a great combination to come together over the coming years

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 12:58 pm

smeghead wrote:
Kul wrote:What are you suggesting Smeg?

1. Teddy

2. Nofo
3. Aysh

4. Simona
5. Koro
Sounds like a great combination to come together over the coming years
Im not convinced that Ayshford has the pace or defensive capabilities to be a long term solution.

I like this:

1. Teddy.

2. Nofo
3. Richards (we are buying him for something and there is no spot for him on the wing)

4. Simona (assuming he can consistently meet his defensive committments)
5. Koro

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 1:44 pm

People have given up on Chris Lawrence?

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 2:04 pm

Yossarian wrote:People have given up on Chris Lawrence?
Not completely. But he has until the end of the year to convince me he still has the lateral movement to play in the three-quarter line.

willow

Post by willow » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 2:31 pm

Nofo belongs in FG, he's got tackle breaking power like Koro, and while not as quick as Koro, he's no slouch. So we've got some good wingers but we need to work out a good balance in the centres. We've got Ayshford, Lawrence, Reddy, Simona...big Pat is back next year and I'm not sure he'll displace Nofo or Koro on the wing once they have another full off-season with FG under their belt. And don't forget Mr T who is still developing and improving.

I'd really like to see Lawrence lose 5kg and see if his pace and agility improve. Looking at Bon's highlights, Rowdy's speed was at its best when he played around the 94kg mark. At 100kg he's no longer a first strike centre.

Robz

Post by Robz » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 2:38 pm

From what I understand nofo is really a centre just like mick playing teddy on the wing before moving him into fullback. Next season I can see a Simona nofo pairing with koro and Richards on the wing with the view of using Mr T if an injury occurs

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
Welcome to the Jungle!

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 2:44 pm

Robz wrote:From what I understand nofo is really a centre just like mick playing teddy on the wing before moving him into fullback. Next season I can see a Simona nofo pairing with koro and Richards on the wing with the view of using Mr T if an injury occurs

Looks good to me. Would love it if Mr T claims a regular bench utility spot. That would give us so many options!!

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 4:19 pm

Robz wrote:From what I understand nofo is really a centre just like mick playing teddy on the wing before moving him into fullback. Next season I can see a Simona nofo pairing with koro and Richards on the wing with the view of using Mr T if an injury occurs

people keep forgetting we have signed ayshford and lawrence to long term contracts. ayshford is too small and defensively crap to play backrow and he has proved that he can be a good centre. lawrence can be a genuine backrower though.

mr.t, reddy or koro. only 1 or 2 will be re-signed for next year.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 4:43 pm

Im pretty sure Koro is already signed....
MacDougall wrote:Is under contract with us for next season in case anybody else was wondering. I actually thought he was off contract. All the sources I've seen suggested he is but Mr. Mayer on Twitter says he is. Must have taken up an option ergo no announcement of extension or the like.
went and got the quote...