Nofo & Ayshford

ImageImageImage
stevetiger

Re: Nofo & Ayshford

Post by stevetiger » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 5:02 pm

southerntiger wrote:Im not convinced that Ayshford has the pace or defensive capabilities to be a long term solution.

I like this:

1. Teddy.

2. Nofo
3. Richards (we are buying him for something and there is no spot for him on the wing)

4. Simona (assuming he can consistently meet his defensive committments)
5. Koro
I also can't see Ayshford playing first grade on a regular basis in the centres going forward. I'd like to see something like this as well. It'll be interesting when we are at full strength.

Ayshford, Reddy, Lawrence & Taqele all might perform and jag a spot. I think Nofo and Koro are pretty much going to get spots and Simona may as well assuming he improves defensively.

Tigerpete

Post by Tigerpete » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 6:00 pm

How I see it in 2014.

2. Nofoaluma
3. Richards (Lawrence-Simona as back up options)
4. Ayshford
5. Koroibete

What this leads me to believe is that with the guys who are under contract....that being all of the above. There doesn't appear a need to re-sign Joel Reddy. Matt Utai will move on. Lote Tuqiri is in the same boat too. If those 3 are moved on, I do think our depth can potentially be tested. Naiyaravaro is untested. My thinking is one of either Reddy or Tuqiri will be offered a one year deal. Reddy is more deserving of it without question but I don't know that he'd accept - he probably deserves more. He's a victim of the younger brigade coming through. From that point of view Tuqiri would be easier to re-sign and cheaper.

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Mon 24 Jun, 2013 1:26 am

stevetiger wrote:
southerntiger wrote:
1. Teddy.

2. Nofo
3. Richards (we are buying him for something and there is no spot for him on the wing)

4. Simona (assuming he can consistently meet his defensive committments)
5. Koro
x2

backup/depth players:

FB Rowe, Hoeter

RW McGraw, Rowe
RC Reddy, Ayshford, Rudolph

LC Reddy, Lawrence
LW Naiyaravoro, Hoether

Eye Of Da Tiger

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Mon 24 Jun, 2013 7:29 am

Nofo has been fantastic.Cant wait to have a full fit Koro on the other wing and Simona at centre. Bit of strike powered there

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Mon 24 Jun, 2013 7:59 am

Milky wrote:Nofo is a great young talent, to be honest I never expected him to play this well. At this stage I would be picking him ahead of any other player in the backline followed by Simona, I absolutely love the two.
Agree....Nofo has played way above what I expected him to so early on in his career in Firsts. Couldn't be more impressed with how he has performed so far.
The game-time that he is getting this season will really be of value next season when hopefully the injury gods are a bit more lenient towards us and we can field a full-strength side across the park. Keep up the brilliant work Nofo ;)

tigersrule4life

Post by tigersrule4life » Mon 24 Jun, 2013 8:42 am

What a superstar his going to turn out to be in the future his already shown he belongs in first grade we had to make the move to let Beau Ryan leave last year becuase we had 2 gun wingers ready for the step up.