Balmain Heritage Jersey

ImageImageImage
Sabre

Balmain Heritage Jersey

Post by Sabre » Thu 27 Jun, 2013 12:08 pm

Looks good but I think the sleeve sponsorship takes away from it a little bit

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 27 Jun, 2013 3:55 pm

V's are way too big, same with the Magpies one....much bigger than they used to be

I dont like it. Ive like many of the previous Balmain heritage jumpers....this one - meh

At least it has proper Orange unlike our jerseys

TIGERS

Post by TIGERS » Thu 27 Jun, 2013 4:38 pm

Its a big v alright. weird.

Still... a big V is better than none at all.

I think we should play in the V all the time. Either black\white or orange\black. Its simple, it looks great, its historic and never looks dated. But that's just me.

Do you reckon one day there will be a Retro 2005 Jersey??
Teams do not go physically flat, they go mentally stale...

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Thu 27 Jun, 2013 5:04 pm

Why do people like the V so much?

I quite like that all-black jersey. Reminds me of better days, semi-finals and the like...
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 27 Jun, 2013 5:24 pm

pHyR3 wrote:Why do people like the V so much?

I quite like that all-black jersey. Reminds me of better days, semi-finals and the like...
We followed our teams for years, the teams we loved, for year after year, decades even...the jumper didnt change. Both Wests & Balmain had prominent V's
It became ingrained behind the eyeballs, etched into the brain - the senses knew nothing else.

Not like today when something different every few seasons

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Thu 27 Jun, 2013 5:26 pm

innsaneink wrote:

We followed our teams for years, the teams we loved, for year after year, decades even...the jumper didnt change. Both Wests & Balmain had prominent V's
It became ingrained behind the eyeballs, etched into the brain - the senses knew nothing else.

Ahh, okay, that's fair enough. I only started following NRL/Tigers well after 05.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Goose

Post by Goose » Fri 28 Jun, 2013 1:57 pm

It doesnt look quite right does it??

Interesting that St George and Souths never change their jerseys yet sides like us, Penrith and the Warriors have a different jersey every week.

brk53y

Post by brk53y » Fri 28 Jun, 2013 2:08 pm

I reckon it looks good

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

quintus
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by quintus » Fri 28 Jun, 2013 2:24 pm

It looks too unbalanced for me because the V is too long. The bottom black V should be where the golden V above it is and work upwards from there.

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Fri 28 Jun, 2013 6:50 pm

I'm going with some old!!! School friends and we love the old Balmain style guernsey

shane2801

Post by shane2801 » Fri 28 Jun, 2013 7:57 pm

TIGERS wrote:Its a big v alright. weird.

Still... a big V is better than none at all.

I think we should play in the V all the time. Either black\white or orange\black. Its simple, it looks great, its historic and never looks dated. But that's just me.

Do you reckon one day there will be a Retro 2005 Jersey??

I like your thinking Tigers.
BLACK & WHITE...DYNAMITE!!!!!

shane2801

Post by shane2801 » Fri 28 Jun, 2013 7:59 pm

innsaneink wrote:

That's why I only wear my Victa jumper to games Ink. Why would I go out and pay $150 for a Wests Tigers jumper and it becoming obsolete in 12 months?
BLACK & WHITE...DYNAMITE!!!!!

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 28 Jun, 2013 8:56 pm

Its to accomodate both the V's and the sponsorsip

The sponsorships used to be at about elbow level at the expense of the V's - which were often cut off at the bottom

Now the sponsorships are more prominent, but they know the V's are a big selling point too....but having them both just dont quite work right

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Fri 28 Jun, 2013 9:09 pm

Free Donkey Rides?!

"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Sat 29 Jun, 2013 12:01 pm

Unfortunately the Maggies heritage jersey doesn't suit old Arthur in that photo, it looks like the big V is pointing to remind him where his todger is!

The older ones where the V is cut off at the bottom to accomodate the sponsers' name look great I reckon, should go back to them.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 29 Jun, 2013 12:15 pm

innsaneink wrote:Its to accomodate both the V's and the sponsorsip

The sponsorships used to be at about elbow level at the expense of the V's - which were often cut off at the bottom

Now the sponsorships are more prominent, but they know the V's are a big selling point too....but having them both just dont quite work right

When was that top pic taken Ink. Interesting to see Langers around. Whose the dude second from the left

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Sat 29 Jun, 2013 12:29 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
innsaneink wrote:Its to accomodate both the V's and the sponsorsip

When was that top pic taken Ink. Interesting to see Langers around. Whose the dude second from the left
That 'dude' looks a lot like Wests legend Mr Trevor Cogger to me.

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Sat 29 Jun, 2013 5:23 pm

shane2801 wrote:
innsaneink wrote:

That's why I only wear my Victa jumper to games Ink. Why would I go out and pay $150 for a Wests Tigers jumper and it becoming obsolete in 12 months?
There are different reasons why we all have certain jerseys and don't have others. As silly as it sounds, I wear my old & new retros all the time as I prefer the good old cotton.

The last polyester type jersey I bought was the limited edition '05 premiership jersey. I hate the latest material that the jerseys are now made of. Silly I know as I live in hot old Rocky.

If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford