Our wingers

ImageImageImage
smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Our wingers

Post by smeghead » Sun 30 Jun, 2013 9:28 am

Anybody still missing that achingly slow Footy Show nonce Beau?

tigersrule4life

Post by tigersrule4life » Sun 30 Jun, 2013 9:33 am

Not really tbh we finally have 2 fast wingers it was the right call to let him leave what a superstart David Nafo is going to be he runs hard and straight what a player.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 30 Jun, 2013 11:34 am

Thank God Sheens and Humpty made the right call on Beau. Good bloke but bog standard footballer.

The most impressive thing about Nofo is that he has not got any quality ball all season but has always had work to do. Cant wait to see him unlocked in space.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 30 Jun, 2013 11:39 am

If Sheens was still here Simona would still be floundering in NSW cup and would have eventually been lost to another team. Thank god someone with sense saw something in him.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 30 Jun, 2013 11:40 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:If Sheens was still here Simona would still be floundering in NSW cup and would have eventually been lost to another team. Thank god someone with sense saw something in him.
Dont disagree with that. My point was Sheens made some good calls and some very bad ones.

Wacko Jacko

Post by Wacko Jacko » Sun 30 Jun, 2013 12:46 pm

There is only 1 NOFOALUMA

1 NOFOALUMA

Walking along singing this song at the 8th Wonder of the World
Last edited by Wacko Jacko on Mon 01 Jul, 2013 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

tiger_one

Post by tiger_one » Sun 30 Jun, 2013 1:17 pm

Wacko Jacko wrote:They is only 1 NOFOALUMA

1 NOFOALUMA

Walking along singing this song at the 8th Wonder of the World
:lol: :lol:

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sun 30 Jun, 2013 1:19 pm

No good having wingers, no matter how good they are, if they are not freed up by their inside men.

Ayshford does not pass the ball at all. Cannot remember him passing once last night. Whereas Lawrence has a history of feeding his outside men. Just ask Lote!!

With that in mind, I would go with:-

Tedesco ( though still not convinced about him)

Nofo
Lawrence
Simona
Koro/Richards

I also believe that both Nufo and Lawrence are very good fullbacks. Lawrence having played in that position for the Australian Schoolboys.

Food for thought.

Brooks would add another dimension at halfback, with both Sironen and Ayshoford moving to the forwards. This would help Ayshford stay in the side as he would not have pass the ball as much and he is quite an awkward customer to tackle.

Post by Guest » Sun 30 Jun, 2013 1:45 pm

How good was it watching David Nofo crashing over in the corner over Slater! Awesome stuff.

Simona and Nofo are playing superbly.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 30 Jun, 2013 1:47 pm

magpiecol wrote:No good having wingers, no matter how good they are, if they are not freed up by their inside men.

Ayshford does not pass the ball at all. Cannot remember him passing once last night. Whereas Lawrence has a history of feeding his outside men. Just ask Lote!!

With that in mind, I would go with:-

Tedesco ( though still not convinced about him)

Nofo
Lawrence
Simona
Koro/Richards

I also believe that both Nufo and Lawrence are very good fullbacks. Lawrence having played in that position for the Australian Schoolboys.

Food for thought.

Brooks would add another dimension at halfback, with both Sironen and Ayshoford moving to the forwards. This would help Ayshford stay in the side as he would not have pass the ball as much and he is quite an awkward customer to tackle.
I agree with your backline. I would have Lawrence and Nofo on the same side if possible as lawry is one of the best at feeding his wingers.

I am happy with Teddy. He is very assured at the back and his speed/ acceleration will improve the more we play. He will also improve his ball skills which, as the passes to Simona and Nofo showed, is already very good.

He is unlikely to be as good as some have been suggesting over the last 2 years but he will be an above average first grade fullback.

Wayne D

Post by Wayne D » Sun 30 Jun, 2013 6:08 pm

its great to have wingers now that when a bomb goes up your not thinking o no he drop it or he be out jump to score a try future looks bright go the tigers.

Mccarry

Post by Mccarry » Sun 30 Jun, 2013 6:22 pm

Ashford into the pack? How many backs have made the switch into the pack successfully?

I can think of a few, but not many. There has been alot of talk about when Ashford will go into the pack, but I just can't see him up for the tough stuff in defence. I appreciate that defending in the centres is tough, though that being said he misses a lot of tackles.

Your point on the wingers is good though. When you add Koro back into the mix and our giant in NSW cup over the coming year or two it seems like Utai and Tuquiri are gone. On form you would then think Ashford will struggle against Simona.

I just can't see them playing Simona over Ashford. I would... but I just can't see it happening.

underdog

Post by underdog » Sun 30 Jun, 2013 6:51 pm

As thrilling as it is to have such depth, inevitably someone is going to miss out.

1. Tedesco
2. Nofo
3. Ayshford,
4. Lawrence
5. Simona.

players who really need to play for there spots on return: Moltzen, Tuqiri.
players who also deserve to be there: Reddy, Koroibete, Utai, Mr T.

thats 11 players who we could all consider 1st grade material (Moltzen bashing aside)

Somewhere, somehow along the way, desipte all this thrilling depth we (as forumers and fans) will be disappointed by the one who gets away...

It must be the worlds best headache to have....

Incidentially, don't get me started on the Forwards...

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 30 Jun, 2013 7:08 pm

Tuiaki is more likely to return than Lote UD

underdog

Post by underdog » Sun 30 Jun, 2013 7:45 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:Tuiaki is more likely to return than Lote UD
that takes one out, and I suppose Utai can probably safely ride off into the sunset as well.

Still get the feeling someone is going to be moved on though.

Glad we have some depth though.

alex

Post by alex » Sun 30 Jun, 2013 8:17 pm

My mate made a good call through the game last night. Said Simona was like Jesus, he can walk on water!