When Nofo bumped off Slater...

ImageImageImage
the third

Re: When Nofo bumped off Slater...

Post by the third » Sat 29 Jun, 2013 10:19 pm

king sirro wrote:Dont worry about Slater, i think he's finished. He has lost confidence in his speed and is talking about moving to 5/8, so tonight he tried more kicking and ball playing.....he came up empty in a big way. His confidence is shot IMO
This... A couple of hard kick chases and he's gone.

Danoss

Post by Danoss » Sat 29 Jun, 2013 10:25 pm

I just wanna say that I think its pretty sad that in 2013 a shoulder charge is considered a grub act. Jesus.

the third

Post by the third » Sat 29 Jun, 2013 10:28 pm

Danoss wrote:I just wanna say that I think its pretty sad that in 2013 a shoulder charge is considered a grub act. Jesus.
yup. but the knees elbows etc are grub acts. Slater is class in attack, but grubby without the ball. I suppose it comes with the size

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 29 Jun, 2013 10:35 pm

Danoss wrote:I just wanna say that I think its pretty sad that in 2013 a shoulder charge is considered a grub act. Jesus.
Yeh that what I was thinking, didnt know what this was all about

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Sat 29 Jun, 2013 10:36 pm

I wish it was still around, but its not. Rules are rules.

Last week Lawrence was put on report, and given a penalty against him for a solid tackle. If a shoulder charge is penalty and report worthy, and say sliding in feet first to stop a try is the same (penalty and report) but it is actually even worse an 8 point try can be awarded. Whats the difference in the two outlawed, penalised and reportable incidents used to directly defend a try? so at a stretch we missed out on a second kick at goal didnt we?

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 29 Jun, 2013 10:55 pm

I think that raiders player passing off the ground after being tackled that lead to the try to Milford was much worse

Refs screw up all the time

stryker

Post by stryker » Sat 29 Jun, 2013 10:55 pm

king sirro wrote:Dont worry about Slater, i think he's finished. He has lost confidence in his speed and is talking about moving to 5/8, so tonight he tried more kicking and ball playing.....he came up empty in a big way. His confidence is shot IMO
Very premature call. He'll bounce back, he is just down on form a bit at the moment.

stryker

Post by stryker » Sat 29 Jun, 2013 10:57 pm

stryker wrote:
Very premature call. He'll bounce back, he is just down on form a bit at the moment.

As for Nofo...what can I say? He is a genuine first grader already and Simona is not far behind. For mine, they have both been very pleasant surprises this year along with Sue.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 29 Jun, 2013 11:59 pm

Don't know Stryker ,Billy seems to have lost some zip to be honest

He is definitely not at his best at the moments

mikey

Post by mikey » Sun 30 Jun, 2013 8:55 am

I think Nofo and Simona are by far our best wing options ATM. I can't see anyone realistically taking their spots. Lote - no, Koroibete - not on form this year, Utai - no; the only mystery for me Is Pat Richards in 2014.
Sorry didn't see the other thread on the two wingers form.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 30 Jun, 2013 9:29 am

Black'n'White wrote:
twenty20 wrote:
shane2801 wrote:All those ripping on Slater are morons. He did nothing wrong and you are all still pissed about Wednesday night. Get over it.
Agreed, one of the best pound for pound footballers we will get to see in our lifetime.

do you want me to go get other angles to show there was no arms only shoulder, because I can...

Im not dirty about origin, really not. Its just you two are that far up on his junk that his man-berries must be obstructing your view of the tv. When the full game is put up on NRL, I will also get pics of his elbow lift on Bunji just for you both.

Far be it for me to support Slater, but I think youre wrong o this occasion.
Was nothing in it.
I see an arm wrapping...his left

tigermaniac

Post by tigermaniac » Sun 30 Jun, 2013 12:34 pm

I didn't see to much wrong with his non defending of our try to Nofo. PLAY ON

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 30 Jun, 2013 12:37 pm

Saw it on replay and it didn't look much like a shoulder charge. Nofo sure did make him look ordinary though. Noffa for Origin lol.

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Sun 30 Jun, 2013 1:25 pm

Im over it and not too concerned really, I just hate he gets the blind eye treatment from officials, but below is a direct excerpt from the rules, and as can be seen in Ink's pics, Billys right hand is on his heart, and his shoulders turned. These are the indicators. I will also leave a link to the NRLS resource footage from NRL.com, in which Billys attempt mirrors the third of the 3 examples. Billys left hand being in contact is just human nature and self preservation, a push rather than wrapping an arm around.

The result Im happy with in the incident, but one set of rules for everyone, I think not.

Shoulder Charge

Is where a defender, without attempting to tackle, grab or hold the ball-carrier (or any opposing player) using the arms or hands, makes direct physical contact using the shoulder or the upper arm (tucked into the side).

It will be considered misconduct, if any player affects a tackle in the manner as defined.

The indicators will include:

1. Rotation of the defenders hips and shoulders

2. Defender has ‘tucked’ his arm into his body.

Link to footage of 3 examples where Billy is identical to the third.
http://www.nrl.com/laws-of-the-game-sho ... fault.aspx

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 30 Jun, 2013 3:07 pm

Why you are supporting this has me stuffed...its pussyfication of the game

Those three incidents you liked there was no danger there

I note you previously said you could show angles where there was NO arms

One arm makes it legit I guess

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sun 30 Jun, 2013 4:02 pm

Eh who cares, shoulder charge, whatever...game wasn't in the balance and i didnt see any tigers complain about it. He probably forgot you can't do that anymore.

And, he's backing up after a good origin game on WEDNESDAY? he's bound to get a bit knackered, specially in the rain at leichardt down 12-4 or 16-4.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

dazza65

Post by dazza65 » Sun 30 Jun, 2013 5:12 pm

Whatever. Shoulder charges shouldn't be outlawed but they are, and if that was a shoulder charge it wouldn't have knocked the skin off a pudding and Slater is not so much a grub as a formerly great player coming to the realization that he is coming back to the pack with losing speed etc etc. in his early days he wasn't into the cheap shots, he let his considerable talent speak. Now he is frustrated that the ride is almost over. However great he was once doesn't excuse the refs and media treating him like a koala several times in the last month he should have been brought to task and hasn't.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
----------------------------------------------
Tigers?!? - Driven mad since - 1969-201?

rollingstone

Post by rollingstone » Mon 01 Jul, 2013 11:26 pm

All you shoulder charge tragics should learn to live in the modern era and get over it. For this game to prosper, it has to be seen as a contact sport but mostly it must be seen as a game of skill. The future depends solely on juniors and if parents don't believe that their kids will be adequately protected, they will simply enrol them in some other sport like soccer.

For myself, who grew up watching this game in the "clouds of dust, buckets of blood" era, I can only say that, as time goes on and more brilliant athletes are produced in Rugby League, I applaud the developments which make the game safer for the players. We, as fans, have no right to demand that young athletes be subjected to tactics which will leave them arthritic vegetables in years to come - just for our entertainment.

If you want to see this type of thuggery, go and watch ultimate fighting; that should be suitably prehistoric for you.