Koro impact player

ImageImageImage
cunno

Re: Koro impact player

Post by cunno » Sun 30 Jun, 2013 9:51 pm

Our back 3 played really well last night can't see any reason to change them at this stage especially since the coach prefers to use Ayshford and Lawrence in the centres.

Danoss

Post by Danoss » Sun 30 Jun, 2013 9:51 pm

willow wrote:
galea#11 wrote:Koro is a unique athlete the nrl is proving a safe winger is better then a koro style winger . Imagine working on koros defence and carrying 3 forwards on Bench
And koro . Teach him to come on in 15 min spells and run off benji hit holes . Try and defend him when other team under pump he would kill it and he can cover a lot of positions .
Disagree. He's a first strike winger who will continue to improve. He's only been playing league for a few years and is still learning. Once he fixes his defence, he'll be rep standard IMO.
This. And I seriously don't understand the lack of faith some have regarding Tedesco. Are people upset that he didn't come onto the scene immediately demand a Kangaroos jumper? Do people forget he's coming back from a season ending injury?He was scorching in the time he spent on the field round 1 last season.. and he'll get back to that standard and improve upon it out of sight if you give him time to find his confidence.

alex

Post by alex » Sun 30 Jun, 2013 10:19 pm

Tedesco was safe as houses last night. God only knows what would have happened with Moltzen at the back.

His cut out ball for Nofoaluma's try was perfect as well.

pattyferg

Post by pattyferg » Sun 30 Jun, 2013 10:30 pm

I like Teddy but I think he needs some more time. Can simona play fullback cause he always wants the ball which is good signs for a fullback and has the flair to break the line and score full length tries and is also a speedster.

Bring koro back in, to steam train over people.

Or we try moving aysh/Lawrence into second row.

If not i can see us losing koro and him destroying us.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Meevinman

Post by Meevinman » Mon 01 Jul, 2013 2:00 am

Yep, lucky we have young gun such as Simona to easily fill the void that Koro left.

Stripes96
Location: Where the folks who know about frostiness stay frostiest the most

Post by Stripes96 » Mon 01 Jul, 2013 7:17 am

alex wrote:
Stripes96 wrote:Despite how well Simona has been going, I think Koro has it over him in attack, but Simona's defence and safe hands far outweigh Koro's raw pace. Plus Simona's no slouch either. The pushing for position in our backline is bringing out the best in our young wingers blokes.

His solo effort against the Panthers, and the two last night, would suggest otherwise. Simona has scored/set up three of the most amazing tries I've seen from the Tigers in recent years the last few weeks.

I feel confident with Simona in the backline. I shudder every time Koro brings it back. He's good for one drop ball in our 20, one stuff up in the air, and one try down his wing a game. Needs a few weeks in State Cup to work on the finer details of a first grade winger. It ain't all power and strength, there's much more to it.
Yes, Simona has made some scintillating runs recently, but that's not to say Koro couldn't have run the same runs better. Would you rather Simona make those breaks over Koro? Though I do agree with you. Simona over Koro at the moment for mine.

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Mon 01 Jul, 2013 7:36 am

I would be moving ash and simona in one and stick koro on the wing.

Ash is big enough for the 2nd row.

I think having these 2 lads and koro in the side, it's made me realise how much we've been missing some pace over the past few years!

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Mon 01 Jul, 2013 8:40 am

I don't think Koro should come straight back into the side. I think Nofo and Simona have been far more impressive.

Does anyone else think Koro has looked considerably slower this year?

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Mon 01 Jul, 2013 9:08 am

avocadoontoast wrote:I don't think Koro should come straight back into the side. I think Nofo and Simona have been far more impressive.

Does anyone else think Koro has looked considerably slower this year?

Yes! we keep using him as a prop! also in that souths game he had to spring 100m like 5 times from the other side of the field

Keep him fresh, he will run fast :)

Also, just put simona at centre? it's his preferred position, or at least that's what he played in NSW Cup. Koro is good, he's just been injured a lot this year and hasn't been put into space, just told to run at a line of defenders.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."