Dare to Dream

ImageImageImage
TIGERS

Dare to Dream

Post by TIGERS » Mon 01 Jul, 2013 10:28 am

In the wake of our unexpected wins against Canberra and now the Storm i've been crunching some numbers.

If we can beat the Sharks we'll be heading into the bye sitting pretty with 5 wins from 6 games. We then get the Bye and also run out at Leichhardt against the Warriors. So far so good. However to make the eight this year we can't afford drop more than 6 points.

Within our last 7 games we'll have to face Manly (at Ctown), the Bunnies and also the Roosters. You can pretty much assume that's the 3 losses right there... But aside from that we face the Eels, Dragons, Titans and Cowboys. Which is hardly an impossible proposition esp if we get Galloway back and the kids keep improving.

So in summary... If we lose to the Sharks or the Warriors... Season is over. If we win our next two matches, we'll have rescued our season and making the top 8 is no longer a ridiculous proposition.

So this Friday... COME ON TIGERS!!!!
Teams do not go physically flat, they go mentally stale...

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Mon 01 Jul, 2013 10:40 am

We need 30 points to make it, if we're on 28 we'll come 9th due to PD. unless we can hand out a thrashing (not likely)

And I think we can topple the eagles at home as we'll have big red back as well as koro.

Problem is losing to a lesser team like Dragons, Eels, Warriors etc. Happens all the time, even to the best teams.

This is all assuming we can at least keep our form up for another week against the sharks and win.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Luke

Post by Luke » Mon 01 Jul, 2013 11:07 am

Yeah I think in a way this game is going to determine if we're going to make the 8 or not. If we can win this game going into the bye it will give us a huge boost for the morale of the side - especially since we return to Leichhardt the next week. However, if we lose, that feeling will linger on during the bye week and make things even more difficult.

If they can't fire up for this game, especially against so many old team mates then we'll never be able to! C'mon Tigers!

Anthism

Post by Anthism » Mon 01 Jul, 2013 11:08 am

I'd like to see us beat any of Manly/Roosters/Souths else we won't even dent the finals regardless of whether we make it. Beating Souths would be amazing given the belting they gave us a few weeks ago. They may rest players if minor premiership is locked up (that win on Storm was good for more than one thing).

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Milky

Post by Milky » Mon 01 Jul, 2013 11:24 am

I expect us to win two of the three hard games or no point in even making the finals...

izotope

Post by izotope » Mon 01 Jul, 2013 12:24 pm

Normally always have decent games against manly from recollection.

If we keep winning we're always a chance.

Think this sharks game is very important

tigers!

TIGERS

Post by TIGERS » Mon 01 Jul, 2013 12:32 pm

Milky wrote:I expect us to win two of the three hard games or no point in even making the finals...
There has been a massive amount of anger and frustration at the club over the last 3 seasons... making the finals again would help everyone realise that everything is still ok inspite of a few changes.

It when we don't make the finals that people start saying.. ("if only we still had..." "its so and so's fault".. "Our cap is all screwed up"... etc)
Teams do not go physically flat, they go mentally stale...

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 01 Jul, 2013 12:35 pm

The Warriors aren't going to be push overs at Leichhardt in a few weeks. They'd have to rate as the form team of the comp

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Mon 01 Jul, 2013 1:10 pm

The Wests Tigers are capable of beating anyone on their day.
Now we are getting players back from injury and some young players have had a taste of the big time, it is starting to get very very interesting.

Those who wrote the team off may once again be made to look very silly !

LaT

Post by LaT » Mon 01 Jul, 2013 3:52 pm

Warriors have just had 2 lucky last gasp wins, wouldn't call them the form team of the comp.
TigPies till I die!

I say, I say I resemble that remark!

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 01 Jul, 2013 4:57 pm

Not too worried about the semis....if we make it, its a bonus.
But Im really really enjoying our boys footy right now, and thats all im focussing on.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 01 Jul, 2013 5:00 pm

You follow me around like a lost puppy LaT

5 in a row is a pretty good indication.

Milky

Post by Milky » Mon 01 Jul, 2013 5:01 pm

If everything goes our way we can be sitting on 8th spot before round 20...

LaT

Post by LaT » Mon 01 Jul, 2013 6:17 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:You follow me around like a lost puppy LaT

5 in a row is a pretty good indication.
I'm posting about WT on a WT forum chief.

You certainly have a high opinion of yourself.
TigPies till I die!

I say, I say I resemble that remark!

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Mon 01 Jul, 2013 7:25 pm

innsaneink wrote:Not too worried about the semis....if we make it, its a bonus.
But Im really really enjoying our boys footy right now, and thats all im focussing on.
X2. I really don't think we will make the 8 but its great to see the improvement from the young guys especially. Just dodging the spoon will make me happy after the poor start.

Out of all the young guys the one who has impressed me most is Sirro. The game against the Storm he had a pretty good passing game but what I was really happy with was he has decided to start running more.

He will end up in the pigs but he is using his speed and size to be a pretty effective halfback with options now.

If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

stryker

Post by stryker » Mon 01 Jul, 2013 8:19 pm

Exactly mate. I have no expectations to play finals footy...if we manage to do so then we will deserve it after the season we have had. I am just loving watching the new generation coming through and seeing the spark returning to out established stars eyes. These are beginning to become very exciting times.

willow

Post by willow » Mon 01 Jul, 2013 8:35 pm

stryker wrote:
Exactly mate. I have no expectations to play finals footy...if we manage to do so then we will deserve it after the season we have had. I am just loving watching the new generation coming through and seeing the spark returning to out established stars eyes. These are beginning to become very exciting times.
Agree. It's good watching the young brigade pick up experience, and confidence as they realise they can compete at this level. Last season you wouldn't have predicted half of these blokes running around now would have gotten a go this season.

Demonborger

Post by Demonborger » Mon 01 Jul, 2013 9:29 pm

I think we will be competitive against Manly and could win it. Roosters and Souths would be nice to finish 1-11 behind them tbh, their style is just too hard for us to play against.

Warriors @ LO is more likely a win to us than a loss, we usually play well against the Warriors at home.