willow

Farah says a victory over Sharks vital in run to the finals

Post by willow » Thu 04 Jul, 2013 7:37 pm

Courtesy of the official Wests Tigers website:

Farah says a victory over Sharks is vital in run to the finals
Wests Tigers

Thursday 4 July 2013 3:02 PM
Farah says a victory over Sharks is vital in run to the finals

Captain Robbie Farah knows a win over Cronulla on Friday night would go a long way to setting the team up for a serious launch at the finals.

Wests Tigers might be sitting in 14th place on 14 points but remain just one win out of the top eight such is the congestion in the middle of the ladder.

With a bye next weekend, Farah says a win over the Sharks is very important with the team coming off a good victory over Melbourne Storm.

“We have kind of slowly rebuilt our season to the point now where if we win tomorrow night heading into the bye next week, it really sets up pretty well heading into the last eight weeks of the competition,’’ the NSW hooker said.

“A loss pretty much means we will have our work cut out making the semis. With a win tomorrow night heading into the bye with two home games after that at Leichhardt and Campbelltown, we give ourselves a realistic chance.”

Farah said the key to victory was matching the big mobile Sharks pack in the middle.

“They have got the most metres gained in any team in the NRL in terms of forward metres, offloads and tackle breaks,’’ Farah said.

“We need to limit their opportunities. If we can do that, we can compete with them and give ourselves a chance of winning the game.”

Farah said the Sharks would be a different proposition to the team beaten by North Qld Cowboys in Townsville last weekend even without inspirational skipper Paul Gallen. The last time the two sides met the Sharks beat Wests Tigers 30-6 at Allianz Stadium in round 9.

Playing at Sharks Stadium won’t trouble Wests Tigers. The club has won seven of the 10 matches between the two teams at the ground since 2000 with Wests Tigers enjoying a 15-6 winning streak over the Sharks.

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Thu 04 Jul, 2013 7:46 pm

We certainly have a great record against the Sharks .... I predict this trend will continue on Friday night.

tigersrule4life

Post by tigersrule4life » Thu 04 Jul, 2013 8:05 pm

True i feel a massive win is comming 2moro and it will be a 4 pointer.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 04 Jul, 2013 8:25 pm

Knuckles wrote:We certainly have a great record against the Sharks .... I predict this trend will continue on Friday night.
They have a good record at home this year losing only one
But yeh like you im quietly confident we can compete.

LaT

Post by LaT » Thu 04 Jul, 2013 8:33 pm

Really can't afford to drop a single winnable game, and this is definitely a winnable game.
TigPies till I die!

I say, I say I resemble that remark!

tiger85

Post by tiger85 » Thu 04 Jul, 2013 8:42 pm

so pumped for this game!!!
Balmain Born Wests Sworn!!!!!

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Thu 04 Jul, 2013 9:04 pm

Mates against mates in NRL was never so true as for tomorrow's game. I hope the Wests Tigers show real pride and lift themselves for a much needed win.

Eye Of Da Tiger

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Thu 04 Jul, 2013 9:19 pm

Yep one by one.They are all important from here

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Fri 05 Jul, 2013 8:19 am

the sharks beat us 30 - 6 last time.
can wests-tigers do that to them, well anything is possible
if wests-tigers win this game tonight, all the other teams will become more wary and think , " here they come"
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

Post by Guest » Fri 05 Jul, 2013 8:26 am

We can only afford 2 losses for the remainder of the season. Maybe 3 depending on other results. We can't lose this one. It's huge before the bye.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 05 Jul, 2013 8:26 am

Benji said last night that he had never lost at Shark Park

Hopefully this is a good omen

Think we are a chance , but what Robbie said is true , if we can't limit the damage the Sharks forwards can do it will be another long night

Let's hope we handle the high ball better than last time we played them

Anthism

Post by Anthism » Fri 05 Jul, 2013 9:35 am

Last game before we get a decent remainder of our troops. Pull out a win here and anything is possible on the other side!
I hope we smash them like we should have in the first game

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Fri 05 Jul, 2013 9:55 am

We have to suffocate the sharks in defence like we did against the Storm , and kicking to the corners with good chase , will go a long way in us winning this game. 4 point game tonight , C'MON TIGERS!!!!!
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

pattyferg

Post by pattyferg » Fri 05 Jul, 2013 10:00 am

I hear mills is in the squad for beau Ryan from one of my mates. So they might be playing Lewis in the centres. Lawrence has to be on his game and show us his speed. Also Lewis tackles a lot in the middle I think turning it under will tire the big guys.

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Fri 05 Jul, 2013 10:18 am

Very nervous about this one..... hope the boys come out firing tonight! season is on the line, win this and making the 8 is a distinct possibility
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."