Marshall

ImageImageImage
tigertye

Marshall

Post by tigertye » Fri 05 Jul, 2013 10:42 pm

tigerbalm wrote:I know the benji myth has some folk on here fooled but I was laughing when Gould blamed ashford for benji's stupid forward pass.

" I blame ashford for that forward pass. He should know that benji has a little shimmy step"

The excuses for this guy is amazing.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
Haha yep, I laughed at that too. I started yelling at the tv, "here's another option Gus, just go to ground with the freakin' ball."

laufoofan

Post by laufoofan » Fri 05 Jul, 2013 10:45 pm

If that is the best i could do, I wouldn't be playing football, let alone at making an ass of himself in the footy show.The man must have elephant hide.

The_Doc

Post by The_Doc » Fri 05 Jul, 2013 10:48 pm

Well all Mayer has to do is reply the game tonight for Benjis manager and then ask him again what he wants, I bet he couldn't keep a straight face.
Also the way every channel 9 commentator fawns over him is pathetic I don't think I've seen the famous benji step in years his cheque book must be weighing him down.
How about finding touch,not throwing forward passes and not passing to the touchy and then try and renegotiate that you've already signed.
PS the footy show isn't your formal whinging platform go on there and entertain your nit doing it on the footy field you may as well entertain else where.

Gazman

Post by Gazman » Fri 05 Jul, 2013 11:06 pm

The problem with Benji is that he has run out of his bag of tricks whether its because every one knows his game or he has just lost that Zip its sad to say we may be seeing the last two years of the Benji era at the club and perhaps the NRL
With this season now shot what can he pull out to earn that extension? . The coach may as well experiment for the rest of the season whether its positional or a bench spot as nothing Benji can say now is going to convince his critics that he has future beyond his current contract unless he aligns his worth with his performance

ashman

Post by ashman » Fri 05 Jul, 2013 11:32 pm

Hasn't he been given an upgrade in terms of $$ for the existing 2 years he has (2014 and 2015) and I'm not convinced it was just in keeping with salary dap increase... I think because we don't want to renew for another extra 2 years (thru to 2017) we kinda sugar coated with an good upgrade to existing deal

If that's the case. Benji should be over the moon and be jumping for joy..

What a circus

It's so sad this is going on..

BodhiTiger

Post by BodhiTiger » Fri 05 Jul, 2013 11:40 pm

The excuses for this guy is amazing.

"here's another option Gus, just go to ground with the freakin' ball."

Posted using RoarFEED 2013[/quote]
Haha, yes!
A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.

NEDKELLY

Post by NEDKELLY » Sat 06 Jul, 2013 12:05 am

WOW I cannot believe the hostility towards one footballer, and after reading all of the posts I am now convinced Benji is all of the following:
1. Jack the Ripper
2. O J Simpson
3. Ted Bundy
4. The Big Bad Wolf
5. Adolph Hitler

I counted 17 Footballers in West's Tigers Jerseys in tonight's game and yes the 5/8 threw a pass over the touchline and failed to find touch, but was he at fault when Fifita ran right up the middle and through the forwards to score?
Was he out-jumped by Lewis to score or was that Rowdy Lawrence?
Was it Benji or was it Robbie Farah that mis-kicked on the Cronulla line and it ricocheted off a player and the Sharks ran the full lenth of the field to score?
Was it Benji that missed the tackle on the Cronulla 2nd Rower to score in the second half or was that Curtis Sironen?

To quote a past American Tennis player "You guys can't be serious"? I hope he changes his mind and gets picked up by another NRL Club and the supporters who have bagged him on this thread end up eating humble pie when he runs the Tigers ragged just like another ex Tigers player did tonight.

Take an Asprin and have a good lie down and watch the replay without your "I hate Benji" glasses on.

Mashies

Post by Mashies » Sat 06 Jul, 2013 12:09 am

If Marshall was any kind of leader, he wouldn't be going on to the footy show the night before a crucial game to air his dirty laundry... Not everything in life goes your way, but regardless, true champions get on with it without making a song and dance about it... No surprises that Benji contributed a forward pass, a pass into touch and failure to find touch in the game this evening... He probably also contributed to the team not having their minds on the game in the first half due to his public criticism of the club not honouring his agreement on the footy show last night... Maybe its time for Benji to start putting the team ahead of himself for a change...

WestsSupporter

Post by WestsSupporter » Sat 06 Jul, 2013 12:44 am

What is he doing on the footy show?

What is he doing on the footy show, the night before a game?

What is he doing on the footy show, the night before a game, trying to gain sympathy?
Extremely frustrated fan. Try not to let my negativity get to you.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sat 06 Jul, 2013 1:04 am

NEDKELLY wrote:WOW I cannot believe the hostility towards one footballer, and after reading all of the posts I am now convinced Benji is all of the following:
1. Jack the Ripper
2. O J Simpson
3. Ted Bundy
4. The Big Bad Wolf
5. Adolph Hitler

I counted 17 Footballers in West's Tigers Jerseys in tonight's game and yes the 5/8 threw a pass over the touchline and failed to find touch, but was he at fault when Fifita ran right up the middle and through the forwards to score?
Was it Benji or was it Robbie Farah that mis-kicked on the Cronulla line and it ricocheted off a player and the Sharks ran the full lenth of the field to score?
Was it Benji that missed the tackle on the Cronulla 2nd Rower to score in the second half or was that Curtis Sironen?

To quote a past American Tennis player "You guys can't be serious"? I hope he changes his mind and gets picked up by another NRL Club and the supporters who have bagged him on this thread end up eating humble pie when he runs the Tigers ragged just like another ex Tigers player did tonight.

Take an Asprin and have a good lie down and watch the replay without your "I hate Benji" glasses on.
Who said other players didn't make any errors?

What other player has failed to find touch NINE TIMES in the past five years from a penalty?

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sat 06 Jul, 2013 2:45 am

NEDKELLY wrote:WOW I cannot believe the hostility towards one footballer, and after reading all of the posts I am now convinced Benji is all of the following:
1. Jack the Ripper
2. O J Simpson
3. Ted Bundy
4. The Big Bad Wolf
5. Adolph Hitler

Save it Ned. Anti-Benji is the flavour of the month of this forum and has been for a while. There is a massive microscope over him with some forum members who expect perfect 10 performances from him every time he takes the field and just one error is a hanging offense.

Andy666

Post by Andy666 » Sat 06 Jul, 2013 2:52 am

Can i just point put that Benji brought up the point of loyalty and that he has been a big part of the club for 10 years.

What about the loyalty the Wests Tigers have shown him? He had 3 shoulder reconstructions and 2 Knee recos #correct me if im wrong!!!

But the fact is he has earnt half of his wage sitting on the sidelines after the tigers have fitted his major medical bill!! Surely he can take a little pay cut to repay the faith, the tigers took a massive chance on him and through the tigers he has achieved super star status. I love him as a player but surely he cannot be this greedy!! Personally i believe his manager is a massive part of the problem.

Go the tigers!!

mikey

Post by mikey » Sat 06 Jul, 2013 7:09 am

1. Jack the Ripper
2. O J Simpson
3. Ted Bundy
4. The Big Bad Wolf
5. Adolph Hitler

X2. Yes, the missed kick may have cost us but he isn't the only one who makes mistakes. This forum's been looking for the new Fitzy for a while since Moltzen got injured. Nothing like the mob mentality.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sat 06 Jul, 2013 7:18 am

Peaches wrote:There is a massive microscope over him with some forum members who expect perfect 10 performances from him every time he takes the field and just one error is a hanging offense
100% correct.

Post by Guest » Sat 06 Jul, 2013 7:26 am

Anthism wrote:Don't know why our 6 is getting blamed for an average overall team performance. If he picks up the ball from Sue and scores and finds touch he's a hero, is what it is and he's the villain.
Guess thats what happens during contract negotiations. Unfortunate.
Flame me if you want but the reality is that we were average to the point Woods probably won't get selected for origin and Farah looked pretty awful in the first half.
Yes he killed our chances but the team overall shouldn't have a horrible first half and rely on a second half to win.

What is your point hero?
This thread is about marshall, his below par pathetic form of, passing, kicking, knocking on, non attack, no side step no flick passes,
We are paying a jellybean I recall his mojo disappeared when he got engaged and it was evident when last year i cant remember the game but he got run down ever since then he never has shown a sign of agressive attack?

Post by Guest » Sat 06 Jul, 2013 7:36 am

1. Jack the Ripper
2. O J Simpson
3. Ted Bundy
4. The Big Bad Wolf
5. Adolph Hitler

PLEASE pass me the tissues moron,
Did you see marshall make up for his mistakes like FARAH or even LAWRENCE the guys no where to be seen, the team doesnt even want to pass to him.... I think you should take off benjis gstring it to tight no blood flow to the brain!!!!!

LCA

Post by LCA » Sat 06 Jul, 2013 7:37 am

Can someone explain to me why Benji takes the kicks for touch anyway??

He has a history of doing exactly what he did last night. FFS!! A dumbarse mistake at THE MOST CRUCIAL time in the game. And, then to compensate, he will kick the next few a massive 8 - 10 metres just to make sure he finds touch!!! You beauty! Now that's evidence of being worth $1 million p.a. isn't it??

Why allow him to stuff up like that, because I have seen enough of this bloke to know IT WILL HAPPEN AGAIN!! Find someone else to do all those kicks for touch and start with that guy NEXT WEEK.

C'mon Potter it's simple accountability for one YOU ALLOW to take on an important role but yet who delivers so little from it week after week. It has to stop.

eyewonder

Post by eyewonder » Sat 06 Jul, 2013 7:52 am

I caught a glimpse of the footy show on Thursday night and during that kick the ball crap in the carpark ,Michael slater was dressed like he was going to a lunatics convention.
why would a former test batsman dress like that?
whats gone wrong with his career path?

anyway,benji looked so disinterested.Bored even.it was garbage,though.

isaw that attitude against the broncos a few weeks back.

Last night benji looked ready to play and wasn't a spectator.His game against the broncos was far worse.

in any work environment,its put up or shut up.Benji needs to do exactly that.

perhaps benji needs to have a talk to Michael slater about positive career choices .Michael has made some bad ones.