Marshall

ImageImageImage

Marshall

Post by Guest » Sun 07 Jul, 2013 11:29 am

Fumbles wrote:
happy tiger wrote:It funny you know ,the bloke he basically beat us himself last night ,Carney ,wanted to come to the Tigers and management put up the NO DH sign

Id have taken Carney over Marshall
Anyone with half a brain would take Carney over Marshall.

Why are we bothering. If you want to go just go.
Lets all be brutally honest, at the time no-one wanted Carney because of the alcohol but, more importantly, his behaviour.

In hindsight, now he is the one that got away.

There will now be a tumultuous amount of posts telling me that each of them wanted Carney no matter what.

But hey, that's human behaviour

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 08 Jul, 2013 10:17 am

I wonder how many other players were allowed to go to Bali during the bye

this club just continues to send the wrong to Benji and all the other players ,when will they ever learn

phil1986

Post by phil1986 » Mon 08 Jul, 2013 10:55 am

happy tiger wrote:I wonder how many other players were allowed to go to Bali during the bye

this club just continues to send the wrong to Benji and all the other players ,when will they ever learn
This to me can only mean one thing.
This is a big decision and he will be making it over this period!
There are strong rumours about the waratahs making a big play for Marshall, maybe he is weighing up these options? As this will be his last big contract either way.

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Mon 08 Jul, 2013 11:35 am

I think he will stay, i dont think they would let him go over there, just a feeling i have.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 08 Jul, 2013 11:44 am

Just saw this on Facebook:

Plenty of “Rumours” doing the rounds that Wests Tigers Star Benji Marshall is on the verge of signing a massive deal with the NSW Waratahs. ‎#NRLGossip

JasTIGERS

Post by JasTIGERS » Mon 08 Jul, 2013 11:58 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:Just saw this on Facebook:

Plenty of “Rumours” doing the rounds that Wests Tigers Star Benji Marshall is on the verge of signing a massive deal with the NSW Waratahs. ‎#NRLGossip
I wish he doesn't leave and comes back to his best at WT. :pray:

tigermaniac

Post by tigermaniac » Mon 08 Jul, 2013 12:10 pm

I don't mind if he stays, but on our deal/conditions. Otherwise let's dot the I's and cross the t's, I'm over it.

tigeress

Post by tigeress » Mon 08 Jul, 2013 12:26 pm

foreveratiger wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:Its amazing regardless how cut and dry situations can be, there are still do gooders who are willing to defend this guy. Lol workers comp? thats a new one. The bottom line is, he's been banging on about how much he loves the club and how he never wants to leave, well thats easy to say when you always get what you want and don't have to put that theory into practice but If he REALLY loved the club he'd be honest with them and himself about his form, acknowledge that he needs to improve, and the biggest thing, be reminded he has two yrs left on his current contract. Thats 24 months, 104 weeks, 730 days and be pretty much told in uncertain terms by the club that he isn't a priority for them atm as they need to focus on guys who are of a more immediate concern contract wise - Woods, Simona, Brooks etc. If he really loved the club and wasn't such an ego maniac with a ''me me me me me its all about me'' attitude he'd understand that and wait his turn. If he doesn't, well then let him go, and let him take all his do gooder white knights who feel the urge to defend his grubby behaviour with him.
You hit the nail on the head , if he loved the club so much he would be saying to the club " For now let's not worry about bringing my pay up to the level of what was agreed in line with the Salary Cap raise , or for that fact extend my contract with the club and risk loosing some of our key juniors coming through like the likes of Brooks and Moses etc... going to other clubs just to accommodate the pay raise that was agreed as my form doesn't warrant it".
"really I should be concentrating on my form instead of having headaches like upgrades or extensions distracting my footy".
That is what should be coming out of his mouth at the present time , what is he worried about he has a contract till the end of 2015 .
Loyalty kiss my behind????? how long did we remain loyal to him when all his shoulder injuries were happening and we kept signing him in good faith.
I agree 100% with both of these posts. It appears that Benji is after the big bucks, if he can't get it at the Tigers he'll go elsewhere. Lets see what happens anyway, but I can't see him playing Rugby :!:

Andyvee

Post by Andyvee » Mon 08 Jul, 2013 12:45 pm

Peter FitzSimons tweeted that the Waratahs will announce it this week. I am happy either way if he stays or goes.

cruzer

Post by cruzer » Mon 08 Jul, 2013 12:47 pm

Benji was clubbing last Saturday at Redroom. My friend from work works there on weekends and she said he wouldn't let her stamp him because his wife might get mad that he was out clubbing. He also wouldn't take any pics while at the club. She stamped all his friends but he wouldn't take one... Ego much?

RMS

Post by RMS » Mon 08 Jul, 2013 12:52 pm

Um...who cares if he was clubbing? Or didn't get his hand stamped or want photos? It is like he is the first man to not want to get in trouble with the wife...is this a football forum or a gossip mag? What next? Benji to have his own Kardashian style reality show? An interview on E! News about his favourite designers? Who cares! I only care about what he is doing on the field.

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Mon 08 Jul, 2013 12:55 pm

Upgrade on his 2 years remaining. That's it. If Benji wants to walk away, then that's a decision he can make for himself. We should support our juniors here and I know most people here would like to see him come along for the ride, at what he is worth, but can understand if he doesn't.

The club I think has been generous to include this clause in his contract anyway. Most players would have negotiated a set percentage of any cap increase and left it at that.

Honestly, Benji hasn't been great about this. He has double talked his way through. Talking about loyality, but threatening to renig on a current contract and dragging this through the media.

For the future, the club needs to be strong. For too long, the players have had the run of the show. Using the media the way he has, Benji is just trying to manipulate them again.

It needs to stop now, or we won't get our hands on that trophy again for a long time.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 08 Jul, 2013 12:55 pm

I wouldn't see it as the end of the world, think of the money we'd free up. Could have some fun on the open market next yr

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Mon 08 Jul, 2013 1:08 pm

as critical i have been of him, i would be pretty emotional when/if he goes.

he's given us a lot- unfortunately, taken away too much as well. good for him and the club to part ways.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Mon 08 Jul, 2013 1:12 pm

When Benji doesnt play for us, are our win statistics any better than when he does play for us ?

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Mon 08 Jul, 2013 2:14 pm

i remember that question being asked a year ago: back then iirc fulton led that statistic followed by galloway, payten and farah.. dont remember benji's
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Citizen Tiger

Post by Citizen Tiger » Mon 08 Jul, 2013 2:17 pm

I love him, but realistically, the chances of Benji playing to the mesmerising standards of the past, are virtually nil. Like most supporters I tend to convince myself weekly that he he'll soon burst his shackles and decimate opposition defences with footwork and speed, but the cold, hard reality is that those days are gone.

Rugby would be a wise move. Every Kiwi wants to play for the AB's, his fame carries over, the coin is good, there's a RWC in 2015 and an Olympic Games in 2016. I'd love to see him make a mark in another code. It's a win/win

Muffstar

Post by Muffstar » Mon 08 Jul, 2013 2:46 pm

Citizen Tiger wrote:I love him, but realistically, the chances of Benji playing to the mesmerising standards of the past, are virtually nil. Like most supporters I tend to convince myself weekly that he he'll soon burst his shackles and decimate opposition defences with footwork and speed, but the cold, hard reality is that those days are gone.

Rugby would be a wise move. Every Kiwi wants to play for the AB's, his fame carries over, the coin is good, there's a RWC in 2015 and an Olympic Games in 2016. I'd love to see him make a mark in another code. It's a win/win

Yeah agree with you too, plus it opens up doors for some young kids to have a go, which is also not a bad thing, one door closes, another opens up.