Marshall

ImageImageImage
Peaches

Marshall

Post by Peaches » Sat 06 Jul, 2013 2:08 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Peaches wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:Even him insisting on running out second behind Farah every week is a nod to his ego imo. Petty i know but just something that annoys me, to me it just typifies his attitude
WOW. Just wow.
He's the second most experienced player at the club and a leader. But wow.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
And?
Senior players usually lead the team out.

You're the one who brought this point up. Hahaha. Who do you want coming out second?

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 06 Jul, 2013 2:10 pm

Peaches wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Peaches wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:Even him insisting on running out second behind Farah every week is a nod to his ego imo. Petty i know but just something that annoys me, to me it just typifies his attitude
WOW. Just wow.

And?

You're the one who brought this point up. Hahaha. Who do you want coming out second?

Idk, i just find it funny thats all. You don't have to agree. Btw, i don't know of too many teams who walk down the tunnel in order of seniority

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sat 06 Jul, 2013 2:13 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Peaches wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
"Peaches" wrote: WOW. Just wow.

And?

Idk, i just find it funny thats all. You don't have to agree. Btw, i don't know of too many teams who walk down the tunnel in order of seniority
I don't know of any teams order. Senior players lead the side so it's only natural they'll lead the team out on the field.

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Sat 06 Jul, 2013 2:13 pm

I thought the vice captain usually ran out second anyway - maybe that's all it is and you're reading too much into it.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sat 06 Jul, 2013 2:20 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:Its amazing regardless how cut and dry situations can be, there are still do gooders who are willing to defend this guy. Lol workers comp? thats a new one. The bottom line is, he's been banging on about how much he loves the club and how he never wants to leave, well thats easy to say when you always get what you want and don't have to put that theory into practice but If he REALLY loved the club he'd be honest with them and himself about his form, acknowledge that he needs to improve, and the biggest thing, be reminded he has two yrs left on his current contract. Thats 24 months, 104 weeks, 730 days and be pretty much told in uncertain terms by the club that he isn't a priority for them atm as they need to focus on guys who are of a more immediate concern contract wise - Woods, Simona, Brooks etc. If he really loved the club and wasn't such an ego maniac with a ''me me me me me its all about me'' attitude he'd understand that and wait his turn. If he doesn't, well then let him go, and let him take all his do gooder white knights who feel the urge to defend his grubby behaviour with him.
You hit the nail on the head , if he loved the club so much he would be saying to the club " For now let's not worry about bringing my pay up to the level of what was agreed in line with the Salary Cap raise , or for that fact extend my contract with the club and risk loosing some of our key juniors coming through like the likes of Brooks and Moses etc... going to other clubs just to accommodate the pay raise that was agreed as my form doesn't warrant it".
"really I should be concentrating on my form instead of having headaches like upgrades or extensions distracting my footy".
That is what should be coming out of his mouth at the present time , what is he worried about he has a contract till the end of 2015 .
Loyalty kiss my behind????? how long did we remain loyal to him when all his shoulder injuries were happening and we kept signing him in good faith.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Sat 06 Jul, 2013 3:24 pm

I would love to see a montage of benjis failed sideline kicks... I reckon it would run for 3 hours.... Didn't bunji fail to find touch during the 2010 semi against the dragons?

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sat 06 Jul, 2013 3:27 pm

We'll regardless of form or what anyone thinks of Benji ,if the club agreed to the upgrade then they should honour the agreement .once again we see woeful management from the chook raffle kings .

laufoofan

Post by laufoofan » Sat 06 Jul, 2013 6:32 pm

How much more does Benji want and how many more years extension did he want? Will he make the bottom 5 eights in the NRL with his imature play, attitude and approach?? tell me please. He should spend more time with the media and forget all about football. It's not for him.

tigerdre

Post by tigerdre » Sat 06 Jul, 2013 6:52 pm

Professional players,even wingers should always be able to kick for touch!

shane2801

Post by shane2801 » Sat 06 Jul, 2013 11:13 pm

NEDKELLY wrote:It has now been approximately 15 hours since Benji Marshall single handidly lost the game for the Wests Tigers against the Ti-Sharks! Now if any newspaper Journalist is worth his salt he would have been surfing this wonderful Fans Forum and be ready to punch out the following headlines in the Sunday papers:
1. Fans call for the instant sacking of Benji Marshall the $Million Wests Tigers playmaker !
or it could be;
2. Club Supporters urge Benji Marshall to take up the NZ Rugby Union offer as he single handidly cost the Wests Tigers a win against the Sharks.
or it could be;
3. Wests Tigers fans call for the head of their former superstar playmaker Benji Marshall!

Now if I was the Journalist my headline would read the following:

1. Phsycotic Wests Tigers fans catch an out of control Virus identified by medical experts as the "BENJI BUG"
or;
2. Crazed Wests Tigers supporters scream for the immediate removal of their superstar playmaker!

Now it is clear that after reading all of the posts about Benji it is definitely a lost cause if we believe the following posts:
[*] He has failed to find touch on 9 occasions over the past ??? years
[*] He can't tackle
[*] He is overpaid
[*] He looks dissinterested in many games
[*] He appears too much on Television and talks himself up far too much
[*] His mistake rate is worse than a park footballer and he should be sent back to NSW Cup

I know I have left out some doozie quotes but then I am sure there will be some smart cookie who will quickly remind me?

I think the above says it all so it is "OFF WITH BENJI'S HEAD" and bury all the wonderful memories of a former superstar who assisted (in a big way) to win the Wests Tigers a Premiership and also won the Golden Boot as the best footballer in the world a couple of years ago and oh I nearly forgot was instrumental in winning NZ the World Cup.

Forget his loyalty and the pain he suffered with those shocking shoulder injuries and let us just remind him of what a great and loyal club the Wests Tigers were in sticking by him in those months and years of his suffering. Now I understand that we have some great young kids coming through in Brooks & Moses etc who are looking like great players in the under 20's Toyota Cup but should we be reminded that the step up to NRL is HUUGE and who knows whether they will ever reach the Benji status?

Now is Marshall too old at 28/29 to ever contribute at the same level of the past? I personally believe his best football is ahead of him (injuries aside) and if we take Steve Menzies (former Sea Eagle and Australian player) as an example he is still playing good footy overseas at the age of 40. IMO we need to have Marshall and Farah both on the field guiding the Brooks, Moses, Sironen, Sue and Korribete etc over the next 5 years otherwise you are going throw these kids to the wolves.
Can we afford the kids as well as Benji well I hope we can and with the salary cap increase hopefully we can accommodate them all but please put your dissapointment aside and give this talented and proud Wests Tigers footballer a break as the comments in most cases look like pack mentatlity responses

You are on copious amounts of drugs. Please go & read all of my posts over the years. I have been smashing Marshall since 2009. I've said it countless times. He's never been that good. Ever...
BLACK & WHITE...DYNAMITE!!!!!

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 06 Jul, 2013 11:53 pm

Code: Select all

[list=][/list]
It funny you know ,the bloke who basically beat us himself last night ,Carney ,wanted to come to the Tigers and management put up the NO DH sign

Id have taken Carney over Marshall

Fumbles

Post by Fumbles » Sat 06 Jul, 2013 11:57 pm

happy tiger wrote:It funny you know ,the bloke he basically beat us himself last night ,Carney ,wanted to come to the Tigers and management put up the NO DH sign

Id have taken Carney over Marshall
Anyone with half a brain would take Carney over Marshall.

Why are we bothering. If you want to go just go.

Stripes96
Location: Where the folks who know about frostiness stay frostiest the most

Post by Stripes96 » Sun 07 Jul, 2013 12:38 am

NEDKELLY wrote:It has now been approximately 15 hours since Benji Marshall single handidly lost the game for the Wests Tigers against the Ti-Sharks! Now if any newspaper Journalist is worth his salt he would have been surfing this wonderful Fans Forum and be ready to punch out the following headlines in the Sunday papers:
1. Fans call for the instant sacking of Benji Marshall the $Million Wests Tigers playmaker !
or it could be;
2. Club Supporters urge Benji Marshall to take up the NZ Rugby Union offer as he single handidly cost the Wests Tigers a win against the Sharks.
or it could be;
3. Wests Tigers fans call for the head of their former superstar playmaker Benji Marshall!

Now if I was the Journalist my headline would read the following:

1. Phsycotic Wests Tigers fans catch an out of control Virus identified by medical experts as the "BENJI BUG"
or;
2. Crazed Wests Tigers supporters scream for the immediate removal of their superstar playmaker!

Now it is clear that after reading all of the posts about Benji it is definitely a lost cause if we believe the following posts:
[*] He has failed to find touch on 9 occasions over the past ??? years
[*] He can't tackle
[*] He is overpaid
[*] He looks dissinterested in many games
[*] He appears too much on Television and talks himself up far too much
[*] His mistake rate is worse than a park footballer and he should be sent back to NSW Cup

I know I have left out some doozie quotes but then I am sure there will be some smart cookie who will quickly remind me?

I think the above says it all so it is "OFF WITH BENJI'S HEAD" and bury all the wonderful memories of a former superstar who assisted (in a big way) to win the Wests Tigers a Premiership and also won the Golden Boot as the best footballer in the world a couple of years ago and oh I nearly forgot was instrumental in winning NZ the World Cup.

Forget his loyalty and the pain he suffered with those shocking shoulder injuries and let us just remind him of what a great and loyal club the Wests Tigers were in sticking by him in those months and years of his suffering. Now I understand that we have some great young kids coming through in Brooks & Moses etc who are looking like great players in the under 20's Toyota Cup but should we be reminded that the step up to NRL is HUUGE and who knows whether they will ever reach the Benji status?

Now is Marshall too old at 28/29 to ever contribute at the same level of the past? I personally believe his best football is ahead of him (injuries aside) and if we take Steve Menzies (former Sea Eagle and Australian player) as an example he is still playing good footy overseas at the age of 40. IMO we need to have Marshall and Farah both on the field guiding the Brooks, Moses, Sironen, Sue and Korribete etc over the next 5 years otherwise you are going throw these kids to the wolves.
Can we afford the kids as well as Benji well I hope we can and with the salary cap increase hopefully we can accommodate them all but please put your dissapointment aside and give this talented and proud Wests Tigers footballer a break as the comments in most cases look like pack mentatlity responses
The Wests Tigers are not a charity. They are not there to look after Benji. They owe Benji nothing. This club is a business, and a business cannot afford to carry any liabilities, especially ones that hold back massive potential assets. Benji is such a liability. His past performances mean zero. His status in the game means zero. The ONLY thing that matters is his value to the club, and whether or not he adds to our performances. At the moment, the answer is no, he doesn't. Like I said, the Wests Tigers do not owe Benji anything. There is a contract between the two parties that says: "We will pay Benji buttloads of money, and he will return the favour by playing well for us"

I know the Tigers have kept their part of the agreement. Has Benji kept his?

bigsiro

Post by bigsiro » Sun 07 Jul, 2013 1:49 am

That kick that didn't find touch was inexcusable - even for the most one-eyed Benji fanatic.
Having said that, Benji did not cause a 24 point deficit and so it should not fall squarely on his shoulders to bail us out.
Problem was that he tried to bail us out. And he tried too hard. It bit him, and us, in the bum.
Earlier he also threw a bad bass into touch. Plus he threw a forward pass. Those were not cool, but they weren't crucial.
Yes, I truly think that we had momentum and that the Benji miss-kick was crucial as it cost us good field position, BUT HE DIDN'T CONCEDE 24 POINTS so I don't blame him for the loss. We still had 2 tries to score when he stuffed up that kick. So he didn't exactly throw away a lead.

But IMO what actually cost us was the pathetic first half effort combined with some real shoddy defending in the second half. There was a key missed tackle by Sironen for the Bukuya try and his crappy halfback play (rookie or not you have to call it what it is and some of those 4th and 5th tackle options were woeful. If Moltzen or Miller played like that at 7 there would be countless threads calling for their heads); Farah's crumby kick deflection that directly lead to a try; Farah's defensive effort when Fifita scored his try; Lawrence's defensive effort which led to a try. Seriously, these players have plays that they should answer for. These plays actually cost us points, Benji only cost us field position and potential points.

Ned Kelly - I am prepared to call a spade a spade and admit that Benji didn't earn his bickies with that miss kick but I also really don't get the mob mentality on here either. E.g. in the Fitzhenry days the posters came out here in droves supporting him - and he really WAS a hack. He singlehandedly lost us games. Games where we were actually going to win. He let in tries, stuffed up bombs, dropped the ball and ran backwards in attack. And if anyone said a bad word about him on here they were vilified. Nowadays, if anyone supports Benji they are called a "moron" (as an earlier poster so politely put it). I just don't get it.
Last edited by bigsiro on Sun 07 Jul, 2013 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 07 Jul, 2013 1:50 am

Yes has has.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 07 Jul, 2013 9:34 am

No did did

Anthism

Post by Anthism » Sun 07 Jul, 2013 11:13 am

Bunch of drama queens some of you are.

Regardless, when were we going to take Carney? Big gamble no matter how you put it. I'd class his off field stuff in the Ferguson/Dugan category.

laufoofan

Post by laufoofan » Sun 07 Jul, 2013 11:27 am

Egomaniac KING Benji