Rookies Report

ImageImageImage
Black'n'White

Re: Rookies Report

Post by Black'n'White » Fri 05 Jul, 2013 10:29 pm

I am pretty sure he knocked on an attacking bomb...

wests4life987

Post by wests4life987 » Fri 05 Jul, 2013 10:36 pm

Black'n'White wrote:I am pretty sure he knocked on an attacking bomb...
wasn't that the refs i don't think that went forward i thought he touch it and when straight down from what i remember.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Fri 05 Jul, 2013 10:45 pm

wests4life987 wrote:
Black'n'White wrote:I am pretty sure he knocked on an attacking bomb...
wasn't that the refs i don't think that went forward i thought he touch it and when straight down from what i remember.
I thought it should have been six again after it went back and Tupou? got a hand to it.

A few hard markers here, he is going damn well for a fullback only a dozen or so games in the top grade. I doubt any other fullback would have got that 40/20, it was a beauty.

Shooshmeister

Post by Shooshmeister » Sun 07 Jul, 2013 12:34 am

Really happy with the way the Rookies above are performing. We should pay credit to Payten and Fletcher for their great work on the lower grades, producing these quality kids and bringing out their potential. Good work guys!

bigsiro

Post by bigsiro » Sun 07 Jul, 2013 2:35 am

I thought Tedesco was well below par. I had talked him up all week and he made me look like a goose.

Sironen was also not up to it, but then again much is expected in attack when you are a halfback and a halfback he is not. He should be groomed to be a lock or second rower IMO.

Overall, the rest of the young'ens were great IMO.
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

Tigerpete

Post by Tigerpete » Sun 07 Jul, 2013 9:16 pm

Fairly sure that 40/20 Teddy is being slated for was on the 3rd tackle and Carney drilled it perfectly. Hard to be too critical there, I've not seen anything from Teddy, Nofa, Jack, Sue, Timmy or Koro in particular to suggest they won't make it. Their flaws relate to their inexperience. That will change.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 07 Jul, 2013 9:24 pm

Tigerpete wrote:Fairly sure that 40/20 Teddy is being slated for was on the 3rd tackle and Carney drilled it perfectly. Hard to be too critical there, I've not seen anything from Teddy, Nofa, Jack, Sue, Timmy or Koro in particular to suggest they won't make it. Their flaws relate to their inexperience. That will change.
Yep third tackle. Just a great kick. No fullback in the world would have got that.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

pattyferg

Post by pattyferg » Mon 08 Jul, 2013 12:02 am

southerntiger wrote:
Tigerpete wrote:Fairly sure that 40/20 Teddy is being slated for was on the 3rd tackle and Carney drilled it perfectly. Hard to be too critical there, I've not seen anything from Teddy, Nofa, Jack, Sue, Timmy or Koro in particular to suggest they won't make it. Their flaws relate to their inexperience. That will change.
Yep third tackle. Just a great kick. No fullback in the world would have got that.

No doubt it was a great kick but carney tried this tactic couple of sets previous to that.. Wouldn't that be the kick up the bum to play a bit more back?
Teddy is a great player, no doubt our best fullback ATM but I just would like to see more

the third

Post by the third » Mon 08 Jul, 2013 1:20 am

Johns called it as perfect as it sliced away and then bounced away. Kicked with outside of the boot. Teddy was close and if carney kicked it like the first - he had it covered. It was a beautiful kick

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Mon 08 Jul, 2013 10:07 am

Compare his performance today with that of last week and you'll see the difference.

He didn't just miss fifita, he did not even get a hand on him. Compare this to I think his tackle on proctor against storm. He just hung off carney when MOST other fullbacks would've put him to ground.

He shows bravery every week, it's synonymous with tedesco. He got caught out of position in a few other kicks as well close to the goal line.

He wasn't the reason we lost but he wasn't as good as people make him out to be.

He will get better in the long run- in 10 games, I didn't expect much anyway.

My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Irvine

Post by Irvine » Mon 08 Jul, 2013 7:07 pm

pattyferg wrote:I'm pretty disappointed that Carey kicked one nearly as good earlier and he was out of position.

You obviously make your comments from the comfort of your recliner. If you went to the game you would see Tedesco knew Carney was going for it and took off before he kicked it. It was just a great kick....and it was a great kick because the Forwards did not move up and did not slow down the play the ball...they decided to have most of the first half off.

I can understand you have never played at this level but a 40/20 is not just the fullbacks fault. Until we get a first grade forward pack who can play for 80 minutes each week then it's going to happen. Shock Horror It even happened to Moltzen earlier in the year.

Mills was out of position all game...all game...but did we take advantage of that ? No

pattyferg

Post by pattyferg » Mon 08 Jul, 2013 7:38 pm

Irvine wrote:
pattyferg wrote:I'm pretty disappointed that Carey kicked one nearly as good earlier and he was out of position.

You obviously make your comments from the comfort of your recliner. If you went to the game you would see Tedesco knew Carney was going for it and took off before he kicked it. It was just a great kick....and it was a great kick because the Forwards did not move up and did not slow down the play the ball...they decided to have most of the first half off.

I can understand you have never played at this level but a 40/20 is not just the fullbacks fault. Until we get a first grade forward pack who can play for 80 minutes each week then it's going to happen. Shock Horror It even happened to Moltzen earlier in the year.

Mills was out of position all game...all game...but did we take advantage of that ? No
Of course I understand that it was not totally teddys fault and carney was allowed plenty of room to have a look and slot it perfect.
I played most of my teenage years at fullback(was never very good) but once the half or 5/8 even looked at kicking early/long kicks id play very deep.
Hope the kid improves and we improve as a whole.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Mon 08 Jul, 2013 11:15 pm

You cant do that in NRL mate. The halves are too good. You start playing deep and they will carve you up the middle with short kicks.

It was a great kick, pure and simple. Stop trying to blame where is isnt deserved.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 08 Jul, 2013 11:46 pm

Carney in my opinion has one of the best kicking games on the back of go forward in the NRL and kicked early in the count as well (tackle 3 I recall) which caught him out of position

I don't care how good you are ,Slater has even got caught out from time to time and his side is the wrestle experts

The senior players didn't stand up in the first half and keep the score to a respectable score line and chased points in the second half of the first half when we finally got some momentum