What a weird game that was

ImageImageImage
stryker

What a weird game that was

Post by stryker » Fri 05 Jul, 2013 11:45 pm

Niether side could defend...it was like a game of Oztag out there. Thought I was watching the u/20's. Terrible game of football for the purists, some attractive tries but games like that leave me with an empty feeling as one discipline is totally ignored by both teams.

Anyway...we showed some good attack but fair dinkum that is not finals football and we will not make the semis due to this. Good to see the younguns playing well again. Back to the bad old days re defence though.....Lots more work to be done.

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sat 06 Jul, 2013 4:07 am

After watching a replay, all I could think of to summarize was just that. A strange game indeed.

The first 40 minutes we couldn't do much right at all. Way too many errors inviting pressure on ourselves. It felt a bit like Origin 2 with the Marones all over the Blues. Carney orchestrated well behind a dominant forward pack.

The second half was going our way. Some good completions and momentum was ours. Unfortunately Benji not finding touch was a killer of the momentum and the Sharks built some pressure with repeat sets and got back on the scoreboard. We reply straightaway. Then the Lawrence no-try was another swing of momentum. The no call on the Mills knock-on which led to the Fifita try and the final nail in the coffin.

We lost the match after a very ordinary first half. It wasn't through effort, just execution which will happen with such a young side. Some errors from experienced players, some from rookies.
The comeback was on and Marshall not finding touch halted that. Whether we were going to win the match, no-one knows. Coming back from 24-0 down you can't make any errors and that was a crucial one.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Eye Of Da Tiger

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Sat 06 Jul, 2013 8:37 am

I don't think either team followed the game plan that's for sure.

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Sat 06 Jul, 2013 8:58 am

That's our young team at the moment, diamonds and stones.

Just wish it was raining

If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

rollingstone

Post by rollingstone » Sat 06 Jul, 2013 10:27 pm

cqtiger wrote:That's our young team at the moment, diamonds and stones.

Just wish it was raining

How true. Until these newbies get 40 to 50 NRL games under the belt, we can expect plenty of good games and also plenty of shockers. Still, I believe that the graph will continue to climb and this club will rise to the top in the next two years.