ImageImageImage
Tbone

Mick Potter post match interview

Post by Tbone » Fri 05 Jul, 2013 11:49 pm

Interview with Potter from ABC Grandstand after the loss to the Sharks:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-07-05/i ... tion=sport

Eye Of Da Tiger

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Sat 06 Jul, 2013 11:37 am

He says it how it is and doesn't air his dirty laundry in public . Very cautious approach with words.i just hope his not like that behind closed doors

willow

Post by willow » Sat 06 Jul, 2013 12:41 pm

Farah didn't look happy at all post-game. Thing is last night, quite a few of our errors came from the senior guys - Robbie coming up with a shocking grubber which the Sharks scoop up and go 100 metres, Benji throwing forward passes and failing to find touch...I thought the young guys all stood up well but were let down by the senior guys. Blair was disappointing last night after a good couple of weeks.

Juro

Post by Juro » Mon 08 Jul, 2013 9:03 am

I wouldn't be blaming Farah for that kick. Kicks through the line always are a bit of a lottery. Get it slightly wrong and it goes into a player's legs, and with everyone rushing to where the ball was supposed to be, a runaway try can easily occur. Then you have Carney's kick in the first half which took a deflection off one of our players, straight into the arms of another shark to score an easy try. Bounce of the ball...
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Mon 08 Jul, 2013 9:19 am

willow wrote:Farah didn't look happy at all post-game.
He is this way in every press conference we lose and is, one of the reasons, why I consider him to have poor leadership skills.

Justo

Post by Justo » Mon 08 Jul, 2013 9:37 am

He's a straight shooter Mick. No excuses interviewing. I appreciate that. As for Farrah being miserable after a loss. Why would you say that's poor leadership skills? Farah is a competitor. For all true competitors losses are not taken easy. And they hurt. Id rather my captain being well pissed after a loss than running around high fiving the opposition post match and having a chuckle on the sideline like a lot of players do.

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Mon 08 Jul, 2013 9:38 am

ST i dont want the captain of my team to be happy after a loss.

Willow - i think you will find that the younger guys made quite a few mistakes early on which put us under pressure; Nofo loses ball on 2nd tackle, Simona runs out, Tedesco caught out of position on a carney 40/20. What potter would be disappointed in is that Farah/Marshall got flustered and failed to control the game. We shud have been playing for repeat sets after the defence we did early....but no we go for difficult plays, turnover the ball, give a piggyback penalty away and we surrender more points.

The 2nd half showed that even down 24-0 this game was winnable by simply controlling the ball and playing the game on our terms (keeping the ball away from Cronulla and making them use gas tackling us). At 12-0 down we were playing like there was 10 mins to go.

If this was the Storm you wud see Cameron Smith taking control and dragging his team back into the game, not compounding early errors. This is the main difference between him and Farah at the moment (in Farah's defence Smith has Cronk). Potter wud be filthy that we didnt trust the game plan and reverted to the Tigers of old - Farah running cross field, playing too fancy without field position.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Mon 08 Jul, 2013 9:55 am

One question I would ask Potter is why doesn't just Anasta not Benji take penalties for line, 25 metre dropouts and 5th tackle kicks. Is not that one of Anasta's strong points and the reason he was brought to WT?

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Mon 08 Jul, 2013 10:06 am

Newtown wrote:One question I would ask Potter is why doesn't just Anasta not Benji take penalties for line, 25 metre dropouts and 5th tackle kicks. Is not that one of Anasta's strong points and the reason he was brought to WT?
Mate i'd say the same, Anasta is much better at those sort of things. Tell Benji the hard facts that he is rubbish with those sort of things and take the ball off him - simple if you ask me.
Benji has a big boot with drops outs etc but trying to find touch he is terrible.
Mick is frustrated, the fans and supporters too but chances have to be made to improve on our weaker areas.

We won the game against Storm cause Robbie did general play kicking except for Benji finding touch a few times. We gave him(Benji) more kicking duties against shark and he kicked straight to players.

Theres only so much the supporters will take before everyone turns on Benji and his dismal form this year.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 08 Jul, 2013 10:10 am

Newtown wrote:One question I would ask Potter is why doesn't just Anasta not Benji take penalties for line, 25 metre dropouts and 5th tackle kicks. Is not that one of Anasta's strong points and the reason he was brought to WT?
Has to be the groin issues ,only thing that makes sense

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Mon 08 Jul, 2013 10:11 am

southerntiger wrote:
He is this way in every press conference we lose and is, one of the reasons, why I consider him to have poor leadership skills.
Yeah, I hate it when our captain is disappointed they lost. That's why I think Cameron Smith is a far better hooker than Farah, he's always ecstatic every time they lose. He was laughing throughout the presser last week. What a professional leader.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

ball main

Post by ball main » Mon 08 Jul, 2013 10:49 am

pHyR3 wrote:
southerntiger wrote:
Yeah, I hate it when our captain is disappointed they lost. That's why I think Cameron Smith is a far better hooker than Farah, he's always ecstatic every time they lose. He was laughing throughout the presser last week. What a professional leader.

Would you rather farah be smiling after a loss like so many players do these days giving the opposition a bug smile and hug. It looks like players these days dont care when they lose.

If I'm upset after a game so should the captain.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

JasTIGERS

Post by JasTIGERS » Mon 08 Jul, 2013 11:49 am

pHyR3 wrote:
southerntiger wrote:
Well should he be happy we lost?

laufoofan

Post by laufoofan » Mon 08 Jul, 2013 6:54 pm

Please do not compare Farah with Cameron Smith. It is like chalk and cheese.Farah has much to learn. Farah is also not consistent enough, he has a long way to go to prove himself. I hope he will learn on the way cause he is a good fellow. He also has to learn to press on once he his his foot on the oponent's throat.

galea#11

Post by galea#11 » Tue 09 Jul, 2013 9:14 pm

Please how can u compare. C smith v farah. For consistency .?

Smith - has never had a weak team that gets put on th Backfoot
There is. Guy called Cronk controlling things ?
He has a methodical team of robots that do a great job !

Farah has an inconsistent team
Have u noticed we have always had a halves issue ?
Robbie has to pull a rabbit out the hat for the tigers. U can't b consistent when on Backfoot
Gee. 2005. He was consistent wasn't he ? Oh yeh we had a strong halves pairing Work that one out !
Please take it all in before comment

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Tue 09 Jul, 2013 9:55 pm

Ball main and Jas, i was being sarcastic?

southern was saying farah is not a leader because he is upset when we lose.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Tue 09 Jul, 2013 9:59 pm

southerntiger wrote:
This is a key component to what makes this competitor a very solid leader.

Irvine

Post by Irvine » Tue 09 Jul, 2013 10:10 pm

Juro wrote:I wouldn't be blaming Farah for that kick. Kicks through the line always are a bit of a lottery. Get it slightly wrong and it goes into a player's legs, and with everyone rushing to where the ball was supposed to be, a runaway try can easily occur. Then you have Carney's kick in the first half which took a deflection off one of our players, straight into the arms of another shark to score an easy try. Bounce of the ball...
I blame him for both..his attacking kick was not good, he was running sideways and why is he kicking anyhow..what is the half back in the team for ?
The one close to our line was Farah again putting his foot out...it was covered.
Bennett always coached not to play at the grubber kick close to your line for that very reason we saw on Friday.