Bryce Gibbs

ImageImageImage
Goose

Re: Bryce Gibbs

Post by Goose » Mon 08 Jul, 2013 12:43 pm

I think moving Gibbs on was an astute move, not cause he is no good, he was very useful for us for a long time, but his body was starting to fail when we moved him on, and he hasn't played much footy in the last 2 years.

Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Defiant » Mon 08 Jul, 2013 11:00 pm

He had chronic injuries 5 years ago otherwise a big loss.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 09 Jul, 2013 11:44 am

I fully believe that if Bryce Gibbs was still playing with us, people would be complaining about his constant injuries (a la Galloway who is injured far less often) and apparent heavy playing weight.

It's much easier to rose-colour your outlook on players from other clubs when you probably don't watch and scrutinise every minute they are on field.

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Tue 09 Jul, 2013 12:26 pm

Gibbs was a big loss, even though he hasnt played many games this year, Fifita i wasnt worried about as he ran to much cross field, But i was wrong he has developed into a very good player.

Tigerpete

Post by Tigerpete » Tue 09 Jul, 2013 1:08 pm

Yeah that's the reality. We haven't missed him because he's rarely played. We got lucky in that sense. Wasted $$ for the tiger sharks.

The Tooth

Post by The Tooth » Tue 09 Jul, 2013 1:43 pm

I still see it the same as I did when the sharks announced their signing.

Gibbs no big loss, was getting a bit long in the tooth and couldn't see him improving at all.

Fifita was a devastating loss for mine. I watched him develop through the NYC with Lui and Dwyer and always new he was something outside of the box and would be a special player. Sure he was in a bit of a rut at the Tigers, not getting decent game time and running sideways alot. Obviously had some personal issues with Sheens. Shot his mouth off a fair bit (still does), but in reality that showed confidence within himself. Massive, massive loss.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 09 Jul, 2013 4:42 pm

jirskyr wrote:I fully believe that if Bryce Gibbs was still playing with us, people would be complaining about his constant injuries (a la Galloway who is injured far less often) and apparent heavy playing weight.

It's much easier to rose-colour your outlook on players from other clubs when you probably don't watch and scrutinise every minute they are on field.
mere speculation

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Tue 09 Jul, 2013 5:45 pm

Goose wrote:I think moving Gibbs on was an astute move, not cause he is no good, he was very useful for us for a long time, but his body was starting to fail when we moved him on, and he hasn't played much footy in the last 2 years.
It was not an astute move. He was signed to a 4 year extension a couple of months before he left and we are still paying some of his contract. He left the club under different circumstances.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Defiant » Tue 09 Jul, 2013 7:17 pm

You sure about that?

Bryce recently admitted he left of his own accord. He was put on an official and final warning for some misdemeanor by Sheens and chose to go else.

IF the above is true (I don't have a link - read it in the press) we would not be paying his contract ?

tigersrule4life

Post by tigersrule4life » Tue 09 Jul, 2013 7:33 pm

He said he was on his last warning and he chose to leave it was in RLW article.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Tue 09 Jul, 2013 8:13 pm

Gibbs had to go. I cant say more but he himself recognises he made serious mistakes.

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Tue 09 Jul, 2013 11:43 pm

Farah himself said on radio on Saturday we're paying $200,000 of the Sharks salary cap and there are reports we're paying up to 4 players at other clubs. Heighington is some of it but apparently Gibbs is included. Beau left without a contract which rules him out. I don't think Fafita is one of the ones we're paying but I just wouldn't be surprised with the management decisions we've made.